Who will you tell
Who will you tell that you are having WLS?

44 posts in this topic

Who are you telling that you are having WLS?   103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will you spill the beans to?

• Everyone who will listen! I want the whole world to know.
    • I plan on telling anyone who might be interested, or asks how I'm losing weight.
    • I might tell a few select and close family and confidante's.
    • It will depend how I feel that day.
    • The secret's safe with ME and my Dr!!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm really not shy about it at all. I typically tell people when they ask about my weight loss. All of my family knows. I don't post about it on Facebook or anything though.

My mom said she is on board but I know she is very concerned. She always supports my sister's and I with everything we do. She would never tell me she didn't want me to do it. I just keep trying to reassure her that the procedure has come a long way. I hate for her to be worried though.

I have told my sister and of course my darling knows as we had long discussions about it. I am sure the rest will all get to know after the surgery. When I think about it, the reason is probably because I feel a bit like a failure resorting to WLS. My head still says I should have been able to do it myself which is a result of how we were brought up - you can achieve anything as long as you put in the effort. Oh well, I want to live rather than exist so if I am a failure in some peoples eyes, so what!!!!!

"Everyone who will listen! I want the whole world to know."

That being said, I'm not wearing it on a tshirt or anything lol. I have chosen to be extremely open about it, though because I'm just a very open person. I don't feel guilty for taking control of my life back. I'm proud I'm taking the steps to be healthy and I sincerely don't care about other's opinions. If they don't like it then I don't care. It's not their life and that will just prove to me what kind of people they are, anyway. Not even worried about it :) I also didn't want to have to keep up with a bunch of different lies or stories. I can't wait, I am so ready for this!