So I've had my first pre-op appointment for a VSG on 11/03 and left there terrified. I learned that the average or expected weight loss is 60% of your excess weight. For me that is only 90 lbs. 90lbs. 90 lbs!! I've read these these threads and you guys are a fantastic group! I see so many of you with losses well beyond the 3 digit mark (for me I would be ecstatic with a 150 lb loss) and really enjoyed your positivity and willingness to help or just cheer on! I am hoping there is anyone (hopefully a lot of you) who have surpassed the average? I am actually reconsidering the surgery altogether today. This is going to be a major life change. All along I've thought, 'no big whoop'! I'll have to change my lifestyle and eating habits to be healthier! New diet=new me! But today I learned about all of the other things. Like no more ibuprofen, forever, sort of things. (Which is something I take on a regular basis for another non weight related issue ) so many things that you cannot do for years if not forever. And am starting to wonder if a lifetime of thinking about or documenting every morsel of food that enters my mouth, or constant concerns about whether or not I can take this drug or drink that drink, making sure I don't forget all of these daily Vitamins, I am talking (if I am lucky) another 30 years on this earth, for 90 lbs? Yes I know this is a lot of weight, but I've lost 30 already while going through managed nutrition in the last 6 months. Should I still go through this irreversible surgery? Am hoping there are others who have lost more than the average and are willing to share how? I'd like to know that there are some who actually have reached a full weight loss goal and not just 60%of their excess. ~~so confused???? help?