Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you seen Aretha Franklin lately?

She claims it's Weight Watchers, and even became their spokes person. I'm just saying.Only she and her "if there was a surgeon" knows. I'm just saying. Either way, good for her for being healthy.

Yes she was the spokesperson for weight watchers that and the fact that her family were wiped out by her ex brother in-law. The girl has been through so much so it's great that she looks so healthy and appears to be getting on with her life.

Also singer Ann Wilson (Heart)

And author Anne Rice (Vampire Chronicles, etc.)

And Carnie Wilson had a second WLS -- lapband.

Edited by VSGAnn2014

I just remembered that young man on that Pawn Show - The show that is located in Las Vegas. Well, the guy's name is Hoss and he is the pawn shop owner's son. I recall him saying that he got sick of being overweight and walked into a bariatric clinic. He paid on his credit cards. He got a Lap-band. I have not heard for sure but it looks like his friend, Chumlee, has also lost a lot of weight.

Raven Symone (Cosby show)

Geena Nealy (Food network)

Graham Elliot (Masterchef / food network)

I believe J. Hud did too, but that's just me.

Geena Nealy (Food network)

Graham Elliot (Masterchef / food network)

I believe J. Hud did too, but that's just me.

Thanks for your list.

Also add, Chris Christie, Gov. of NJ. He looks better.

Thanks for your list.

Also add, Chris Christie, Gov. of NJ. He looks better.

I love my governor but I think he needs a sleeve and soon if he wants to be ambitious

@@BitterSweet*

i saw her years ago in a picture - she was kindof heavy :blink:

i saw her on Oprah recently ..."Master Class" :)

she looked great :)

didn't know she had WLS :o

even movie stars deserve good health and happiness (politicians too) :lol: :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

I love my governor but I think he needs a sleeve and soon if he wants to be ambitious

I lived in NJ for 20 years. Loved it. Great state.

I think the Gov. has done a good job of losing weight, but I think you may be right about the sleeve.

@@BitterSweet*

i saw her years ago in a picture - she was kindof heavy :blink:

i saw her on Oprah recently ..."Master Class" :)

she looked great :)

didn't know she had WLS :o

even movie stars deserve good health and happiness (politicians too) :lol: :)

kathy

I did not know she had a bariatric procedure. Good for her! I wish Oprah would go that route. At some point, most of us just have to admit that we need HELP! But I guess if you have more money than almost anyone else - frig the world and pass the carbohydrates. :lol:

I also believe Sharron Osborne has also had a WLS

Yes. Sharon had a Lap-band done ... maybe 4 or 5 years ago ... maybe even longer ago than that. Anyway, I heard her discuss it on TV. She lost tons of weight and did lots of plastic surgery afterward. Things went well but she eventually developed colon cancer that was not related to the bariatric surgery. She had her Lap-band removed. That's all I know.

Carnie Wilson actually had a lapband over her bypass.. I believe last year . Gov. Christie also had lapband.

If Oprah ever did have WLS I'm sure she would never make it public. It would be the cause of her entire industry going belly up. She could no longer continue to shout out to "Live Your Best Life" and "Love Yourself As You Are In The Now" .

Her weight seems to have stablized in any case at whereever she is...I'd say 220ish. She no longer has all those ups and downs, or at least the Spanx is hiding it.

sharon osbourne actually had gastric bybass back in 1987...gained it back, then was banded in 1999 and that was removed in 2006....

sharon osbourne actually had gastric bybass back in 1987...gained it back, then was banded in 1999 and that was removed in 2006....

I did not know that she had had an entire gastric bypass AND then revised it to a Lap-band. She always seemed like a person who enjoys excess ... but boy, that is really overdoing it. I guess if one has the money....