Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

calories consumer after VSG.

Hi everyone I have been away for quite a long time. Many changes in my life these days and some shame of getting off track and putting on about 7 lbs from eating cr**.... Last week my bariatric case manager called for our annual appointment of 3 years and she told me that I should be eating 1000 to 1200 calories a day to lose weight and if I eat 1500 calories I will gain weight. Now I am back on track and have lost a lb or 2 from eating Proteins first and cutting out the candies. I found that I could eat a lot of candy and a large bag of flamin hot cheetos.......I knew at the time that I was risking putting on some weight but couldn't get back on track. I found myself eating due to emotional stress and more on automatic pilot. I just kept putting it in my mouth even though I wasn't hungry.....So I am going back to eating low calorie fresh organic proteins and veggies. This has not been an easy journey. thank you all for reading and hope to get feedback from others.

Sincerely

Dorrie

I have to watch what I eat too. I'm currently 8 lbs up from goal weight and working to lose it before the holidays get here in earnest. I put it on over the summer eating too much crap. I can eat some crap and stay at goal, just not as much I've been working in each day.

Lynda

Hi Dorrie, for me the main thing is accountability and not letting a small blip turn into a big regain. Normal people battle with a few pounds they just don't let it turn into a few hundred! You are in good company... you know what to do...go back to basics, Water, Protein, veggies...eat clean, stay active.

Thanks Linda and Sheryl. I have gone back to basics and am down a couple of lbs already. It really isn't easy especially with a bunch of life changes and emotional ups and downs as we all know about. I have gone back to tracking on MFP and find that it is really easy to keep it under 1000 calories. You guys on here are awesome and I love how you share and are supportive too. Thank you so much.

We are here for you, so hang in there! I have found if I start grazing, to walk away and do something busy for 10 minutes. It takes my mind off the food when I really don't want or need it. I still don't have physical hunger, but the head hunger does rear its ugly side if I'm not careful, usually when I'm tired and/stressed.

Edited by crickee

@@Ms skinniness good to see you again! It's very easy to gain a pound or two, isn't it? Life does have a way of derailing - sorry you are stressed.

I have never stopped tracking because I haven't technically ever gotten to goal, (even though I know I'm in maintenance for now) and I can gain as much as 4 or 5 pounds in a weekend. I agree with your case manager - I need to eat about 900 to lose, and I gain at anything over 1400. Makes me a little irritated some days! However, that knowledge is power - power over obesity.

Good for you for getting control of it before it got control of you. I agree with the others. It's much easier to lose 5 or 10 than it is the weight we started with. Lucky for you that you can easily eat 1000 calories a day! I really have to work to not go over that. In the grand scheme of things, you have really rocked that sleeve! 3 years out, still doing great! That little gain will be gone in no time :)

Dorrie... sooooo good to hear from you! Sorry to hear about the stresses... life sucks sometimes doesn't it!

Getting back on track is the hardest thing to do, but you can and will do it... don't stress over the scale - easier said than done I know - focus on all the positive stuff and just remember where you've come from!

Shout if you need us my lovely friend!

Good to see you here! Sounds like you have a good plan in place, you can do this :)

Nice to see you here Dorrie, join the club! You are in good company. We are stronger together than alone, and we all can make the changes to get back on that wagon and still love life and enjoy the ride. This holiday season will have its ups and downs, like always, but we can make a plan to deal with it. I will be making sure that I have good food choices to eat within arms reach... stay accountable on MFP even if I go off plan in other ways (it can happen!) and keep my dates with nature and the gym. I have been trying out new recipes and cruising cook books for holiday ideas that won't break the bank or my waistline.

... I need to eat around 1100-1400cals 5 days a week and 5-600 twice a week to lose slooooowly. That 12-1400 depends on how much exercise I am doing....

Edited by feedyoureye