Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psych appointment help

I took an online test. Multiple choice. No right or wrong answers. Just pay attention to what they are asking.

I was scared of the unknown going into the psych eval. I came out wondering how many different ways can they ask if you love your mother. I felt like a lot of the questions were repetitive, just asking the same thing over and over using different terminology. I caught myself thinking during the test, now how did I answer that the last time.

I've taken employment tests like that. I was afraid I would answer the same question 2 different ways. lol

I just got my appointment. It is October 22nd at 9 a.m. She said the test is over 500 questions and takes about 4 hours. We will do everything that one day so I won't need a second appointment.

Wow! I got lucky with having such a quick psych eval.

I took an online test. Multiple choice. No right or wrong answers. Just pay attention to what they are asking.

Where did you find an online test?

So many different ways.... My psych evaluation was about 10 minutes. There was no written test. He asked me a few questions about where I was from, my education. It was all very basic. He said the thought I would do fine. And that was that. I had not heard of a written test for this part of the process. Good luck.

I had a 100 question test online at home. The psychologist received the results before my appt. based on this test she said I'd do great.

It's no biggie. They told me to just not harp on the questions and to answer the first thing that comes to mind.

I did exactly as they said and my results showed that I was apprehensive about having the surgery, and it was exactly right.

I was very apprehensive and when I took that test, I was not sure about going through with the surgery.

How they got that out of the questions they asked me I will never know.

I had my appointment yesterday! Pass with flying colors. I had to complete new patient paperwork which included a questionnaire. There isn't nothing to be concerned about . As long as you're prepared for this lifestyle change and longevity process. He asked me did I have support from family, my current living situation, any stress or major factors happening in my life right now, how long I thought about having the surgery and why do I want it? So good luck to you all! ????

I just received a phone call from another dr that I had left a message with. He only has 150 questions on his test and he is cheaper. Oh yea. I'm so going to him.

I am on the "fast track" to surgery and I have a long day on Nov. 18th. They will be doing my psych eval which will take 2.5 hours, my meeting with the dietician, 1.5 hours, and a fit test with the personal trainer, 1.5 hours. Thanks so much for asking this question! They said my psych eval will be a computerized test first and then a meeting with the Psychologist.

I had two tests when I visited the social worker. They were done on a mini computer that was hand held. I went through them pretty quickly. The first test was really about how I feel about my current life. The second had to do with my family of origin. Questions about did I ever have sexual abuse, does anyone treat me badly, call me names, was I hit or severely punished, etc. I answered no to everything. I am not having surgery to discuss my past. My adult life has been very good. I am married for 30+ years and two grown children. I really don't want to have counseling again for what I have already worked through and there were no questions in regards to have any of these issues been dealt with. So, no was and is my answer. For what it means, I have been approved to move forward as the tests were almost two months ago and I am scheduled for surgery in January.

I will be having my psych visit soon. Dr said I will have to take a test? Has anyone else done this, and if so, what is on the test. I'm starting to stress.

Mine was basically a chat with they guy. I did fill out a form that was about 6 questions, to which he then asked me a few more questions, then I broke down like a baby and he diagnosed me with clinical depression. WOW. He put me on meds and that was in August. I feel 100% better. I don't think I realized how down I really was until I was filling out the form. Questions like, " Do you avoid going out with friends/family because you're feeling down..." "Are you having problems sleeping", " Do you have days you have to make yourself get out of bed, when you'd rather stay in bed and avoid people."

But basically he told me they just want to know if he feels I'm up for a lifetime change. He cleared me that day, since I agreed to go on meds for the depression.

It is, in my opinion, nothing to stress about. Answer honestly. It will show. If you need help, let it show the professionals what you need help with. That is all it is for. At worst you have some therapy appointments to work through some issues before surgery. That is something that we all could use; it's just not something that is required for everyone.