Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@amylynns

beautiful pictures!! Good looking group of kids! good job mom :-)

@PinkPolkadot619 Thank you!!! :-)

Hi Everyone! Pink, congrats! You look great. Amylynns - great photos. Beni - hi Sunshine!

So, I've been productive since moving back to CT with skinny mom. I'm half way through my real estate license class. I hope to have my license by mid-august. I am being woo-ed by a few Brokers. :)

The "eating" situation with carb-only-skinny-mom is going OK. I've introduced her to some healthier menus and she actually likes some. However, the Cookies and chips on the counter really have tempted me. I'd give my will power a C+. In the past it would have been an F!

Anyway, it's great to hear good stuff from all of you. Please stay in touch.... I miss and truly love y'all!!

Sent from my XT1080 using the BariatricPal App

Glad to see everyone has done so well. I haven't been around at all. It's been rough. Had my gallbladder out in December 2015 and j am having a hernia repair Friday. So still working on it. I have plateaued between 184-194 but I think in ok. I have a cosmetic surgeon consult in a week or so. Fingers crossed.

@layknee--Nice to "see" you! Sorry about all of the surgeries. :-(

I finally just figured out after a trip to the ER Monday night that I am now hypoglycemic!? Really??!! I'd had several "episodes" and of course after researching on the internet, I figured that's what it was. I had asked my family Dr. about it about a month ago and all she said was, "Well, if it happens again and you happen to have a glucose monitor handy, you could check your blood sugar level and see what it is. That would indicate for sure what it is..." Yeah, thanks--cuz I just happen to have a glucose monitor handy!

All the times it had happened, up until Monday night... I was able to eat something quickly (sugar/carb/protein) but I after 45 minutes Monday night I still wasn't coming out of it and my whole body was shaking uncontrollably, so we headed to the ER. And OF COURSE by the time we get there, I'm coming out of it...and by the time the nurse came in, Dr. came in....then they got a glucose monitor---I was in normal range by then, LOL! Brett sat there at 12:30AM on his phone ordering a glucose monitor on Amazon. But the Dr. did diagnose it with me telling him symptoms, etc...

Not really anything you can do about it, other than make sure I eat enough, frequently enough. And I'll have some glucose tablets on me now. :-)

So anyway--I'm still hanging out at about 147-149. I've been really upping my exercising this last couple months and can really see a difference in getting more toned. My arms are still a bit jiggly, but getting better. :-)

I know once my Fall classes start, I'm going to be exhausted and won't be able to work out as much, so trying to get as much in now as I can!

Better get back to work I suppose....talk to you all later!!

Hey there!! I'm doing pretty good. I'm starting to worry just a little bit....I was at 146 for over a year---and then I decided to try this 21 day fix program to increase my activity and make sure I was eating the right portions. I gained 3 pounds! I realize it was some muscle weight, but it's like it messed with my head!? And now I've creeped up to 151.

I know they say there's the 18-24 month "honeymoon" period with this surgery, but it TERRIFIES me that I will gain.

There are some things that I've gotten slack on, so I need to just pull up my big girl panties and address these things.

I've also been EXTREMELY lazy in the workouts!! During that 21 day fix, I got up at 5:40 every morning and worked out, felt great, had a ton of energy---my body responded great, I could see a difference in toning, etc. Then...once that 21 days were up, I pretty much quit exercising again. UGH!

I'm working full time and going to college (taking 5 classes this semester) raising kids.....so I know I'm busy--but if I could get up at 5:40 for 21 days straight, why don't I continue to do that?!

I just got a letter from my surgeon and I need to get my labs done and schedule my 2 year check up. I just really wanted to get back down to 145-146 before I went, LOL....

(not that 151 is a "bad" number, but the fact I literally stayed the same weight for over a year and now it's creeping up!?)

Anyway--how is everyone else doing?!!

Hi guys. I haven't been on in ages but over the summer had some plastic surgeries. I had an upper/ lower eye lift with a neck lift, then had a breast lift with an arm lift. I am so happy with everything that I did that I have scheduled a Tummy Tuck for January. I traded severely baggy upper arms for some scars, but I am so good with the trade.

However, after each surgery I got so constipated that I gained a couple of pounds each time that I thought would come back off after swelling but hasn't. I am now 9 lbs up from my lowest of 150.

I went in to my 2 yr checkup expecting to be chastised, but they were thrilled that I was only 1 lb different from the 1 yr checkup. (Must have lost weight during the year and then gained THAT back). So they were happy, I was happy they weren't mad, but I still am internally freaking out.

I have never been an alcohol drinker, but I have become one. A Big one. I know there is a lot of sugar in wine but I can't eat very well so I drink. Plus I don't want to eat and drink together so I don't eat. I realized I prob don't get but maybe 20 gr of Protein in a day. :(

Soooo, I came back to my support group to see how everyone is faring and to get a plan together.

My bloodwork came back fine except for the Iron is low. But I don't want Constipation, so I don't take a lot on purpose. But I do get dizzy and shaky ALOT. But I have also taken up drinking coffee several times a day (I never drank coffee before either and didn't understand ppl that liked it) my other go to drink is 1/2 sweet-unsweetened tea. I drink all day and will 'eat' Soup bc it's cold here now. But it's not good for me and bc of the surgeries, I need to re-lose.

My plan, and due to tips from this group, is to uptake my protein and go to the gym. I already ate a Quest bar for Breakfast. Yay me. I have no motivation for the gym tho, and no friend that goes there. Yes, I know I'll meet someone there and that's in my mind, but also a part of me thinks, "you'll meet a guy and flirt while not wearing your ring during a workout and you'll like the attention". My husband and I aren't close, and I'm lonely a lot, so I'm really nervous bc I think I could be swayed so easily and I don't think I'll have much willpower to not get caught up in it. But I don't want to bc I'm faithful but I really want someone to talk to and give me attention. My husband and I tried and tried, but we just live in this weird world where we share a house. (Separate fridges, sides of the house, dogs, garages, friends, etc) Anyway, I'm not complaining about that, but I'm just explaining how I could meet someone like-minded but seriously don't want the stress of lying or hiding something from him. So I avoid men usually. I hide in my office at work and at stay at home bc I don't trust myself. So, off I'm going to the gym and will try hard to make girlfriends at once and not talk to the men so I don't make a huge mistake. It's hard tho bc I'm craving some attention. That's all I'm saying I guess.

Also, during my 2 yr, the PA said that I'm 24BMI and that that's a "one percenter" at 2yrs and beyond. (I weighed 156- 3 lbs ago)That it was fantastic, and great job!". That being said, I've noticed that in our support group, a lot of us have low BMIs and we should be so happy that we are not in the "norm" and have lost so much and have maintained so well thus far. Agreed that it will get harder though and it will take work. I'm going to work on my choices of beverages, protein intake and working out.

Congratulations everyone for being healthier this year and even more so in the coming year.

Edited by tacycakes

I havnt talked to you all for awhile. I forgot my password but I'm back in. I done so well but am on the gaining side I am very disappointed in my self but the good news is that I am getting back on track as soon as the weather allows me. I really want a Tummy Tuck. I hope everyone is well.

But honestly with the weight loss. I lost my mind. I started drinking alot. Vodka is my go to drink. My husband became so controlling I was not allowed to even go exercise. I then had an affair. My husband found out & bought me a new truck back in August 2016. Which still is a shock. The attention got to me. Since my lowest weight I have gained 27 pounds & I am miserable but I'm not giving up. I became very sick this winter my asthma exacerbated & my lungs filled up with Fluid. My diverticulitis got me again to I was very depressed & got into a funk. The Good news is I'm still with my husband & he loves me greatly thank God. I recently got another job & am ready to power through all this weight gain. I plan on getting surgery in January 2018 but I have to lose 20 pounds first. My rule. I don't want to sugar coat all of this because it's not. I have been on one hell of a ride. Did my lab work back in February everything came back perfect my A1C is 4.62. My liver, kidneys & pancreas are all great. My friends sister had GB & died this last summer from liver failure & her kidneys shut down very quickly. So I talked to my Doctor & was honest. She scolded me & told I'm only allowed to drink once a week. It feels good to tell someone because I have kept this all in for to long. Seeing you all & seeing your continue success will help me. I know it. I hope this isn't to much information. If it is I apologize.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:56 AM, tacycakes said:

Hi guys. I haven't been on in ages but over the summer had some plastic surgeries. I had an upper/ lower eye lift with a neck lift, then had a breast lift with an arm lift. I am so happy with everything that I did that I have scheduled a Tummy Tuck for January. I traded severely baggy upper arms for some scars, but I am so good with the trade.

However, after each surgery I got so constipated that I gained a couple of pounds each time that I thought would come back off after swelling but hasn't. I am now 9 lbs up from my lowest of 150.

I went in to my 2 yr checkup expecting to be chastised, but they were thrilled that I was only 1 lb different from the 1 yr checkup. (Must have lost weight during the year and then gained THAT back). So they were happy, I was happy they weren't mad, but I still am internally freaking out.

I have never been an alcohol drinker, but I have become one. A Big one. I know there is a lot of sugar in wine but I can't eat very well so I drink. Plus I don't want to eat and drink together so I don't eat. I realized I prob don't get but maybe 20 gr of Protein in a day. :(

Soooo, I came back to my support group to see how everyone is faring and to get a plan together.

My bloodwork came back fine except for the Iron is low. But I don't want Constipation, so I don't take a lot on purpose. But I do get dizzy and shaky ALOT. But I have also taken up drinking coffee several times a day (I never drank coffee before either and didn't understand ppl that liked it) my other go to drink is 1/2 sweet-unsweetened tea. I drink all day and will 'eat' Soup bc it's cold here now. But it's not good for me and bc of the surgeries, I need to re-lose.

My plan, and due to tips from this group, is to uptake my Protein and go to the gym. I already ate a Quest bar for Breakfast. Yay me. I have no motivation for the gym tho, and no friend that goes there. Yes, I know I'll meet someone there and that's in my mind, but also a part of me thinks, "you'll meet a guy and flirt while not wearing your ring during a workout and you'll like the attention". My husband and I aren't close, and I'm lonely a lot, so I'm really nervous bc I think I could be swayed so easily and I don't think I'll have much willpower to not get caught up in it. But I don't want to bc I'm faithful but I really want someone to talk to and give me attention. My husband and I tried and tried, but we just live in this weird world where we share a house. (Separate fridges, sides of the house, dogs, garages, friends, etc) Anyway, I'm not complaining about that, but I'm just explaining how I could meet someone like-minded but seriously don't want the stress of lying or hiding something from him. So I avoid men usually. I hide in my office at work and at stay at home bc I don't trust myself. So, off I'm going to the gym and will try hard to make girlfriends at once and not talk to the men so I don't make a huge mistake. It's hard tho bc I'm craving some attention. That's all I'm saying I guess.

Also, during my 2 yr, the PA said that I'm 24BMI and that that's a "one percenter" at 2yrs and beyond. (I weighed 156- 3 lbs ago)That it was fantastic, and great job!". That being said, I've noticed that in our support group, a lot of us have low BMIs and we should be so happy that we are not in the "norm" and have lost so much and have maintained so well thus far. Agreed that it will get harder though and it will take work. I'm going to work on my choices of beverages, protein intake and working out.

Congratulations everyone for being healthier this year and even more so in the coming year.

Hey!! I never saw this post back in December!? I'm so happy for you that you're doing well!!! But be careful with that drinking girl! :-) You don't want to drink your calories, especially alcohol since it's chocked full of sugar.

I find myself wishing I still got "sick" easily, LOL!! Although, I just ate half of a cookie from Panera and I'm totally nauseous, so I'll take that--now I'll be turned off from eating those Cookies, at least for a while! :-)

I had a breast lift 4 weeks ago and am VERY happy!! Congrats on your surgeries too!! I didn't have implants done (much to my fiancé's dismay, LOL) so I'm actually a little smaller than I was before. I'm a 34, large C, small D right not. I used to be a 42DDD!! I wouldn't "mind" a tummy tuck someday, but I'm not set on it. Only one person sees my belly besides me, and he's totally ok with it. He was ok with my boobs too, but wow--I didn't realize how much the way they were affecting my self-esteem/ confidence. I'm not fully healed yet, so I'm anxious to really see the final result.

I've creeped up a bit more since the last time I posted. I'm at about 155-157 now. But honestly, if I could tone some areas up, I'd be pretty happy. I'd still love to lost about 6-8 pounds before my wedding (May 20th) but I can't exercise, other than walking (and it's too cold out for me now!) for another month I think.... I've really been watching my food choices and being really careful, since I can't exercise right now. But I can really tell my hips/stomach/thigh area is getting "loose" :-( Dang it!

My blood work all came back normal. My B12 was just a tad low, but she said I'm absorbing it, so that was good. I wasn't taking any B12, so I take 1, every other day now. Be careful with your Iron levels!! If you're too low for too long, it can do permanent damage!! :-(

My typical food daily is: Breakfast, wheat toast with Peanut Butter, or 2 eggs with cheese/ veggies. Lunch: Either a sandwich on whole grain with turkey, cheese, veggies...or a salad with turkey & ham, or grilled chicken and tons of veggies. Dinner: Some kind of meat, veggie and small amount of carb(Potato, rice, etc.) Snacks are typically string cheese, hard boiled egg, pop corn, dried fruit/ nuts, yogurt, fruit, raw veggies....those are my go to's. :-) Not to say I don't have an occasional glass of wine, a few Cookies here and there....I can handle about 4 pieces of candy (like starbursts) then I'm sick, LOL. Absolutely no ice cream. I get VERY sick, quickly. NOT WORTH IT! :-)

I have developed being hypoglycemic. Ended up in the ER twice before we figured out what it was. I just really need to make sure I eat enough, often enough and don't get low on my Water.

I'm so sorry you and your hubby are not doing so well. :-( That makes me so sad. Would he/you be open to counseling? I am so thankful for the man I'm marrying!! He is my rock, for sure. I'm in nursing school and he has pretty much taken on all my "duties" at home, LOL. He "makes" me go sit down and study while he makes dinner, does laundry, etc. Plus, we work together, so while I'm at school, he does my stuff at work too. He's truly a gem. And I wish everyone was as blessed as I am. ♥

On that note---I'd better get off my behind and do something!!

10 minutes ago, LisaCO said:

But honestly with the weight loss. I lost my mind. I started drinking alot. Vodka is my go to drink. My husband became so controlling I was not allowed to even go exercise. I then had an affair. My husband found out & bought me a new truck back in August 2016. Which still is a shock. The attention got to me. Since my lowest weight I have gained 27 pounds & I am miserable but I'm not giving up. I became very sick this winter my asthma exacerbated & my lungs filled up with Fluid. My diverticulitis got me again to I was very depressed & got into a funk. The Good news is I'm still with my husband & he loves me greatly thank God. I recently got another job & am ready to power through all this weight gain. I plan on getting surgery in January 2018 but I have to lose 20 pounds first. My rule. I don't want to sugar coat all of this because it's not. I have been on one hell of a ride. Did my lab work back in February everything came back perfect my A1C is 4.62. My liver, kidneys & pancreas are all great. My friends sister had GB & died this last summer from liver failure & her kidneys shut down very quickly. So I talked to my Doctor & was honest. She scolded me & told I'm only allowed to drink once a week. It feels good to tell someone because I have kept this all in for to long. Seeing you all & seeing your continue success will help me. I know it. I hope this isn't to much information. If it is I apologize.

So glad you were able to talk to someone and get that all out in the open!! I've heard a lot of Gastric bypass patients end up having issues with alcohol. :-( I honestly can't drink more than about 1/2 glass of wine or I get sick. I'm too busy with work/nursing school/ kids to fit drinking in there, LOL. That's probably a good thing! Wednesday nights are my only evening I "allow" myself to not do homework/studying and I usually will have 1/2 glass of wine too. It's like my treat for getting through classes for the week. Then Saturday evenings we typically go on a date (if you call going to church and then grocery shopping a date!)

You can "talk" to us anytime!! It's never too much info for me. :-)

Gotta run!

I'll try and check in more often!

Thank you everyone. I really need support. My A1C is my sugar level 4.62 & normal values is 4.8 to 6.0. Before surgery I was in the 7. My Iron levels are normal. My B12 is sky high so I quit taking it. My husband & I are good. We did go to counseling but that was before everything that happened. He was smothering me it was awful. I was either going to fight or flight. It is a work in progress but our communication is much better. I really wanted out of my marriage at that point. Oh my gosh I am so happy I remembered my password & found you guys again. I used the drinking as a crutch it kicks my butt so I would use it to go to sleep & forget how unhappy I was. But now that I got the second job & meeting new people (women) lol. I feel in control again. I am a labor & delivery nurse. Hang Amylynns on your nursing. You will be fabulous. :) thank you guys again for the comments. I don't feel so alone anymore.

I'm so happy for you Lisa! So glad things are going so much better for you now!! That just shows you're IN CONTROL and nothing can stop you!! We've all got this!!

Labor/Delivery, NICU is right where I'd LOVE to be someday!! :-) I got to job shadow with a friend in that unit. I got to see a baby be born, it was amazing. (I've had 4 kids of my own, but it's different watching someone else!) And then that same baby ended up in the NICU so I got to see that whole process too. I only needed 2 hours of shadowing for the class I was doing, but I was having so much fun and learning so much, I stayed her whole 12 hours shift. I can't wait until I can actually be "doing" stuff! :-)

Off to work I go, have a great day!!

Yes Amylynns if you have a passion for OB go for it. I do labor & delivery, nusery, postpartum & gynecology. It's very satifying. 99% of my patients are healrhy. It's rewarding bringing life into the world. :)