Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am (oddly) happy that sweets still make me sick....

I just ate 2 small cake balls a customer just brought us. I'm sick. :-( Just nauseous, but I HATE being nauseous! So that's enough to keep me away from the cake balls. (I'm now also dizzy....so I'm assuming some dumping might ensue shortly here. That's been the pattern previously)

I know some people still eat the stuff that makes them sick, knowing it'll only last 15-30 minutes. But I'm not like that I guess.

It's not worth feeling like this.... :wacko:

Oh! I just noticed I haven't changed my weight ticker on here lately! I've been between 144-146 for a couple months now.

I'm ok at that number, so not really trying to lose more, but I don't want to gain any!

I REALLY REALLY Need to work on toning, but I've had some other physical issues that made me have to stop working out for a while....hopefully January I'll be good to get back to the gym!

Hi everyone,

Missed you all bunches!

The alcohol thing: yes, I did have the experience of going from zero miles an hour to 200 miles an hour in what felt like 3 seconds flat. I had one margarita and fell so out of control that I passed out on the couch. I think the combination of the sugar and alcohol did me in. Now I am super cautious. I take a sip of wine here and there. I am so sorry Shadow, making mistakes is human, not learning is dumb. If you don't do it again you will be fine. It's nice that your boss is in on your surgery. Perhaps you can send him/her a copy of some article on WLS and alcohol. Explain that you had not had alcohol "experience" since you are one year out post surgery. But now you know and I think you will be fine, mortified but fine. Many a co-worker gets smashed at the X-mas party. At least you have an excuse and that will play in your favor. Live and learn.

Sugar: yeah, still has a pull. The drug effect is such that I tend to work it in somehow. Little bites here and there. A piece at a time. I can't have much at once but I do sneak it in way too much. It has not affected my weight but I do worry if it will in the long run.

Burping: Sometimes its really bad. Even my family is complaining. I think I tend to eat too fast and perhaps its a combination of nausea and the food doesn't agree with me. Somehow I cannot stop eating fast. What the heck, why, why do I eat so fast? I can't stop. You would think the biofeedback eat fast=burping would make me stop but NOPE. I just want to wolf down my food like I used to and now I can. So SAD :(

Weight wise I'm at 151 and don't seem to stop losing weight. I was happy with 160. I do try to eat more but I am so busy with all the holiday stuff, I noticed lately I eat even faster. We are talking 5 minutes. In desperation I have tried to eat while I drive because i am sitting there I figure it will naturally slow me down. But my car is going to get (is already) messy. Try eating yogurt and drive. Not easy. My new thing is nuts because I can chew them slowly while I drive. Now my floor looks like a squirrel has a storage facility between my seat and the center console. Some do fall, lol.

Lots of peps that have not seen in a while comment on my amazing transformation. That does feel good. I still love my surgery but need to manage my eating a little better.

The holiday sweets are hard and then my car broke down and I need to buy an new one, and then my boyfriend got a flat tire, now my period is here......... I'm not going to lie, yes I have Quest bars but I really want a damn cookie....... I sometimes feel like I am physically fighting the sugar sweets desires.

Eat the darn cookie. Then, move on with life.

Or, eat the darn Questbar and be done with it!!!!

I am completely off track. These holidays are killing me. My will power is broken. I am up 9 pounds from my lowest weight. I have not worked out since Thanksgiving. I know I will fight to get back in focus but really why can I not say no to all the bad foods right now.

Let's get through the holidays and start again in the new year.

yes my ability to say no is soooo gone! I had both a cookie and a Quest bar that day. I am not up any weight but man I know that is a time bomb ticking.

I'm with you Pink. I hop in the scale every day. I waffle two pounds up and down. I'm surprised it isn't more. 9 days until the new year. We can do it. Anyone want to do a 3 day liquid challenge with me starting 1/4? (Got to start on a Monday).

Oh no, my scale is up 3 lbs. Yes, the holidays have been hard. I keep stealing treats all day long. One or two bites at a time but I have eaten a box of chocolate pretty much by myself. I have to get this under control or I am going to lose this war. Three pounds is not the end of the world but the slippery slope is here. We all have seen fluctuations but we still have to watch. Nothing is forever without work. The new year will bring some much needed stability form the holiday craziness. I need to workout again and focus on overall health. We are going to need to "be good" but I fear the cold depressing months of January and February. I get depressed at this time of year and in the past always gained weight during these months.

I am glad you are all going through the same struggle. Misery does like company, right? But all joking aside our struggle is within the norm and knowing that provides much needed support. Knowing you are all going through this is such a comfort to me.

Did I mention lately, I love you all. Well, its true.