Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Go LisaCo! We are all cheering for you.

I think I told you I have been playing a sport called Pickleball...a hybrid of tennis, racquet ball, badminton. Tons of fun.

About 30 people show up to play. They divide the group into beginners and advanced groups. Tonight the advanced group needed one more player and THEY PICKED ME! And, I played great! :)

Awesome! Thank you :)

Hello Gladiators as we come upon our anniversary: less then one Month away from OCTOBER, I can't help but ponder on where we were and where we are. Just today, I realized I can run up the stairs. In fact, I ran up the stairs more then 10 times this morning. Laundry day, lol. Just to give you an idea, I used to bring down with me everything I needed for the day. If I was going out, my makeup would be done before coffee and I would bring down the clothes I would wear later. In other words, I avoided going back upstairs at all costs. My poor children carried all the stuff up and down. There used to be a pile at each end looking for carriers. Now, I do all my own carrying, thank you very much. Not once did my legs hurt either. I want to shout from the mountain top, THIS IS THE BEST THING I EVER DID. Wow, I am overwhelmed with pride for all of us. We are awesome beyond measure. We were before but now we can actually enjoy our lives without feeling all coupled up in a less then efficient body. Imagine being picked for an advanced group in any sport one year ago, or getting anyone to say you look amazing. Running up the stairs is my very own version of heaven. I shall savor the moment and linger on the notion that I can do something now I thought I could not ever do.

@@Shadow427

Advanced player group, hurray. Go get them tiger!

My ticker had the same issue a while back and I sent a message to Alex Brecher and he fixed it.

On the negative side, because there must be another side to every story. I am now without a tush. The silver lining is I now can fit in most pant styles without worrying about my posterior. However, I must say once in a while I look and wonder where it went. In high school, I had by far the biggest butt of all my close friends. If they could see me now!

Well my tush fell to my thighs! Lol! I'm stuck at 165 but have to be honest, haven't been being perfect everyday. And honestly if it wasn't for my big belly (where I'm sure the 25 more I need to lose is) I'm satisfied at being a size 12ish. Don't need to be a tiny hiny.

a year ago there was no way I would have taken a body pump class and 2 yoga classes in 1 week!! I was lucky if I would have walked at all.

Hi everyone! I've been trying to read up to catch up, but I think I've been MIA for too long lol. Hope you are all doing well! I'm still stuck :-\ 199. I really don't get it. I think my body is just done with it, because it's been since March now. I have done everything the doc said, logged my food, cut the carbs, barely any sugar, I work out. Who knows. Sitting here right now, with strep throat, getting my Iron infusion. Hoping something will give soon!

Hey guys thanks for the compliments, aside from a lil ok a lot of malnutrition this has been the best thing to ever happen to me, i love you all and im very proud of all of us, i cant believe we make a whole year soon! Geez. I love the pictures and those of you who still are losing remember a win is a win! Even if you havent made goal always think of how we were a mere 11 months ago!

Hi everyone! I've been trying to read up to catch up, but I think I've been MIA for too long lol. Hope you are all doing well! I'm still stuck :-\ 199. I really don't get it. I think my body is just done with it, because it's been since March now. I have done everything the doc said, logged my food, cut the carbs, barely any sugar, I work out. Who knows. Sitting here right now, with strep throat, getting my Iron infusion. Hoping something will give soon!

@@Luna222,

I too have been hitting many stalls along the way. I had surgery in April. I'm currently on a stall. About two weeks now. I am 'not telling you what to do, but suggesting' and also not sure if you've already done this or not...

-Change- up your routine... If your currently taking in (x) amount of calories up it slightly or decrease depending on what your caloric intake is for the day. Increase your Protein by 20-30g for a few days... Yes, I know this is not easy... Believe me... Some days I struggle with taking in enough alone to add more protein... But you, WE can do it! Add in an extra chicken breast, cpl extra slices of cheese, Protein Bar while watching to make sure you don't go overboard on calories and carbs. Also changing up your exercise regimen if you walk daily, bring it to a speed walk cpl minutes, walk, speed walk some more, and change your routine up with weights.

This all usually helps me when I'm stuck. I wish you luck and hope this is helpful.

@Luna222--I agree with KalelsWifey. When I change things up, I seem to drop a pound or 2. I just weighed this morning again, and I was down another pound.

Of course, the biggest change this week for me was that I haven't been able to work out "hard" since last Saturday at our cardio class. I've gone on 2 bike rides this week and did a 20 minute power walk. That's all I've literally had time to do.

And bam, I lost another pound. I seemed to be a bit hungrier this week, so I upped my Protein when I could too. I also added in a cup of grapes mid-morning and raw almonds mid-afternoon.

I log everything on My Fitness Pal because for me, I'll "think" I'm getting in plenty of Protein, and then I look at my log and it's like 35grams...long way from 60-80 that I'm supposed to get!

It's SO hard to find that balance between working out and eating enough/ too much, etc. Sounds like you're doing everything right as far as I can see though, Luna! Maybe just switch things up a bit and see if that helps? Wish I knew that magic formula! ;)

I am FINALLY seeing some toning! My calves were pretty jiggly, although a lot smaller than they used to be. But jiggly, LOL. When I was shaving this morning I noticed they're MUCH more firm! Yay~ :P

I need to measure again, it's been over a month, and I haven't measured since we started this cardio class..

I have one problem though, not sure why?! Last week my knees started hurting/aching...mostly when I'd go up stairs. I got my period, and sometimes that'll make my joints ache for some reason. Well, that's been and gone now and my knees seem to be getting worse? The ONLY thing different I know I've done is some jump roping at the class. But that was almost a week ago, and my knees started hurting before that class. So I don't know...

Last night when I went on my power walk, I had the urge to jog a bit. OMG, I jogged about 2 steps and my knees both about gave out. I had to ice them when I got home, even took Tylenol when I went to bed (which I have to really be hurting to take any meds) and rubbed my knees with my essential oils. They were a bit better this morning when I got up, but as they day is going on here, they're getting more sure.

SO frustrating! I lose 98 pounds and NOW my knees hurt? What the heck?? :angry:

@amylynns- you mentioned your knees hurt when you had your period.... And running.... You are retaining Fluid and it is the swelling that is causing pain... Drink more Water to see if it helps.

OK.... True confessions. A few weeks ago I told you I "had a date".... Well, the "date" asked me to go to Block Island for the Labor Day weekend.... Well, I went. And had a fabulous time. And I did tons of hiking and biking and other "fun" things that I couldn't have possibly done a year ago. And, it was a pleasant surprise to find out my "date" had gastric bypass three years ago... It was awesome to share stories.

I cropped "date" out because I don't have his permission to post...

post-226756-14419759473018_thumb.jpg