Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hit and passed doctor's goal of 110, went on maintenance and promptly gain 4 pounds. Backing off that maintenance a bit, see what happens. Hope everyone is doing well.

post-217122-14387243502855_thumb.jpg

Hit and passed doctor's goal of 110, went on maintenance and promptly gain 4 pounds. Backing off that maintenance a bit, see what happens. Hope everyone is doing well.

can I ask what is different in the maintenance phase? Did they increase your calories? I have not been given any guidance. I was told to keep my eating like it has been and I will just level out........

@@layknee

Hi,

How are you doing?

Told to up calories, with my height its still low, bout 1200, I got to get back to tracking my food thou, been a crazy whirlwind couple months.

Hey everyone! I need help...

So my brother just found out 2 days ago that he is diabetic. Type 2. He doesn't have an app with the nutritionist til next week, and he's hardly eating anything at all because he doesn't know what he can eat. He's had a massive headache for 2 days now, and no energy...I'm afraid he's going to go into a diabetic coma, if that's the proper term? I was never diabetic, so I don't know much about it, but I know some of you were before surgery. Any ideas on some things he can eat that are simple? I just want to cook some food for him, or tell him what to eat for the time being. Thanks in advance!

Hey everyone! I need help...

So my brother just found out 2 days ago that he is diabetic. Type 2. He doesn't have an app with the nutritionist til next week, and he's hardly eating anything at all because he doesn't know what he can eat. He's had a massive headache for 2 days now, and no energy...I'm afraid he's going to go into a diabetic coma, if that's the proper term? I was never diabetic, so I don't know much about it, but I know some of you were before surgery. Any ideas on some things he can eat that are simple? I just want to cook some food for him, or tell him what to eat for the time being. Thanks in advance!

It is pretty similar to our eating except not as small portions. High Protein, low carb, low sugar. and eating smaller more frequent meals.

@@amylynns

I love greek yogurt with berries too. I have decided berries are the perfect bariatric food. A little sweetness but not too much. They come in tiny packages sized for our tiny tummies and they taste so good. I even purchased baby spoons so I can eat my yogurt slowly. I love it so much I save it for the time of day I will be in greater need of comfort. Something like I'll go grocery shopping (I hate it) but then I can have my yogurt with berries. It is the highest food commodity in my trade book. I call it my trade book because I allow myself to get something from my trade book if I provide the work. Something like, if I clean the kitchen, then I can watch a TV show. Those are the little trade games I play. I have all these rewards for motivation, lol. I know, I'm special that way.

I do the same thing!! If I get "whatever chore I don't want to do"....then I can have my snack, LOL! :-) We're both special that way, heheee! :P

@@layknee

Hi,

How are you doing?

I'm okay. Had a lot of family issues, a death, a job change twice. I have been loosing slowly. But I'm ok with it.

@@Luna222

How is your brother doing? I feel for him. I had this surgery in part to prevent type 2 diabetes. There is a good chance anyway to prevent it.

I have been thinking of you.

Luna. Hope your bro is feeling better!

Just got back from an all inclusive vacation to Punta Cana, DR. And, it started off with lots of bad habits - example - alcohol and then the need for nachos. After 2 days, the Bariatric Gods intervened and I got sick.... Let's just say I met a guy named "John".... I spent two days in the bathroom.... After that, no more alcohol. I did have more bread than normal just to settle stomach. (I'm not really a bread person so you know it was necessary). Anyway, I ended up loosing 6 pounds on vacation!!!! Lol. Now that I'm home, I'm back on track!

A few NSV - no extender for the airplane seatbelt, size 16-18 clothing including " sexy" dresses. And, a rather attractive Dominican telling me I had gorgeous legs! :)

Hello!!

I agree that vacations need to be handled in other ways opposed to our past behaviors! So glad you got back on track, and lost 6 lbs!! Whahoo!! But, what i thought was too exciting was.. you needed NO seat belt extender! Bravo!!

Im going on a flight/vacation on Monday, and im so excited for experiencing that amazing, and powerful victory!

Just got back from an all inclusive vacation to Punta Cana, DR. And, it started off with lots of bad habits - example - alcohol and then the need for nachos. After 2 days, the Bariatric Gods intervened and I got sick.... Let's just say I met a guy named "John".... I spent two days in the bathroom.... After that, no more alcohol. I did have more bread than normal just to settle stomach. (I'm not really a bread person so you know it was necessary). Anyway, I ended up loosing 6 pounds on vacation!!!! Lol. Now that I'm home, I'm back on track!

A few NSV - no extender for the airplane seatbelt, size 16-18 clothing including " sexy" dresses. And, a rather attractive Dominican telling me I had gorgeous legs! :)

No seat belt extender. ... absolute bliss. And gorgeous legs to boot!!! You rock!

Thank you ladies...my brother is doing alright I guess. He's still really lost, so I've been searching for recipes for him.

I went to my nut again the other day, I lost the 5 lbs of the 7 I gained! She said she thinks my body was in starvation mode because I wasn't eating enough. So I upped my calories a little bit and have been making more healthier choices. And an NSV...I went to Six Flags today, and got to ride all the rides I got on! When I was there 2 yrs ago, I had to get off because I couldn't buckle or fit in the seats. Woo-hoo!

Hey fellow warriors! I haven't been on here in a while, but have read everyone's posts.

Luna, hope your brother gets some help and not feel so lost. :(

So guess what I've decided to do? Go to college! I never went after high school. I got married at 19 and started working right away, then had babies and well, here we are! I've wanted to be a nurse FOREVER, but low self esteem and fear (and a mean ex-husband) always held me back. I have a super supportive fiancé now and my self esteem is at a high, So I start the 24th and I'm scared to death! I'm just starting with a couple classes, and it's going to take me forever because I still have to work full time too. My 18yr old son will be going to the same school, so I have strict rules to not acknowledge that I know him, LOL!

Still doing well with eating and exercise. We've been doing a lot of bike riding, loving it!

I think of you all often!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P

We're getting ready to head out for our 2 15yr olds' birthday lunch, so I'd better go get ready!