Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm at my 9 month post op....I have gained 7 lbs since I was here in June. What the heck! I'm so frustrated! I was at a stall, I got down to 195 and teetered between that and 198 for 3 months....then all of a sudden I'm gaining. I don't understand :-( the pa doesn't seem to know either...the EGD results were fine, biopsies were fine. I haven't changed my diet. I just don't know. Now I'm 204.8

Well, crap!! Are you near your period? Have you eaten some high sodium food recently?

Could it be the wine in the evenings I wonder? Wine is pretty high in sugar, right? Maybe your body is holding onto that at night? Like holding onto the sugar calories. Try not having any at night for a week and see if you see your weight drop.

So frustrating!! I got an email with a really good article yesterday, just a good reminder for us all when we might be slipping up a bit.

I'll see if I can find it, might be some suggestions on there that will help?

Hang in there Luna!!

Thanks @@amylynns ! I actually haven't had any wine in a few weeks, so it can't be that...and I don't drink it EVERY night lol...just here and there. It depends on my day at work lol. But I did just get my period yesterday...it's just frustrating tho. I was stalled for 3 months and then BAM, 7 pounds. I KNOW it's in my head, but I seriously FEEL like I looked before surgery :-( I sat with the nutritionist and she gave me a food journal to do for 2 weeks, then I'm going back to see her. Hopefully we can pinpoint what's causing it! Thank you for the article! :-)

I bet getting your period had something to do with it! I don't get near the scale during that time! Messes with my head too much!

You DO NOT look like you did before surgery! I know how our minds can play games with us though!

That's great you were able to chat with the nutritionist. Maybe she'll see something that you're not realizing is effecting things.

Don't get discouraged! You're doing GREAT!!! And you look amazing!!!

@Beni. You always seem to say the right thing. After being laid off, I went to help a friend open a restaurant in hopes of being part owner I worked for free....(sweat equity). Well, I quit. I was miserable. I worked too hard at getting healthy it isn't worth the risk of "maybe" being part owner. So, I just drove back from Cape Cod with all my stuff. Back in Philly. I go on vacation to Punta Cana on Sunday with two of my best buds. When I return, back to a normal life and hopefully I will find a job.

Haven't been on here lately because I haven't had good news to share. I've been in the same stall for months and is starting to effect me via depression. Just hanging on.

I do enjoy reading about your successes and I will try and get in here more often.

Haven't been on here lately because I haven't had good news to share. I've been in the same stall for months and is starting to effect me via depression. Just hanging on.

I do enjoy reading about your successes and I will try and get in here more often.

How are your eating and exercise habits? Do you subscribe to my fitness pal and have you sought out any exercise regimes?

Edited by Trayjay33

How are your eating and exercise habits? Do you subscribe to my fitness pal and have you sought out any exercise regimes?
I have a fitbit and average 5000 steps a day. I use fitness pal and eat 1000 to 1200 calories a day. Seldom eat carbs and get my 60 grams of Protein in. I go to the gym 4 times a week. I do 20 minutes cardio then rotate strength training between upper and lower body.

I did just change the cardio to half in the beginning and half at the end of my work out to see if that shakes things up a bit.

My body is changing and I have dropped a jeans size. My skin doesn't sag and cellulite is going away. So there are pluses. I am just dying to see the scale move.

@@misstvb, I agree the scale is a form of encouragement. What I noticed for me is once in a while if I have a higher carb day for some reason the scale starts moving. Months is a long time but please stay encouraged the scale will move.

@@Luna222

You have been busy in the dating game. I would be suspicious of the Fitness dude too. If you are dating someone you shouldn't be trying to sell them something, right? That's a huge red flag. Even if he is the most wonderful person, he is guilty of poor emotional intelligence. I am glad you and your BF are trying to make changes. Life is too short to be unhappy. However, I must agree finding a good guy is hard. Finding a good "anything" is such hard work. Even a good pair of shoes is hard to find.

I am glad your scope is fine. I am sure you probably just need to work towards balance in the foods you eat. Sometimes I have to be very careful. I am taking two weeks of Omeprozole (same as Protonix) and now I feel much better. I think my issue was stomach acid. I had some Protein oatmeal that was too large of a portion. It was the Quaker oatmeal little packages but it did not agree with me. I am also trying to be more careful with food. I make sure I eat slowly again (surprise, surprise) and always eat something with my pills. I was getting a little lax with my regimen. Still eating all the right stuff but lunch was happening at 2:00 Pm and my pills were not taken at the right times. I get distracted.

I am also more sensitive to sugar then I used to be. I could eat a cookie and be fine. Now, not so much. Even a pear or a banana is too much sugar. I always have to eat it with some other food first and then only one bite. I had two spoons of a pudding like dessert for dinner and my heart was racing within 10 minutes. I was also feeling so hot, I had to turn on a fan and lay down. Blueberries are the perfect food because there is a little sugar but not too much. Even a sweet salad dressing is too risky. I think anything sweet that gets absorbed too quickly is bad. My NUT told me a long time ago you can train your palate to a degree of sweetness that's acceptable. Like finding your sweet threshold and using those things as you sweet treat. I also have in the back of my mind that 10 grams of sugar per serving are the max. In yogurt and other foods I check for that. My favorite dessert right now is Yoplait Greek 100 Cheesecake or Blueberry flavor. So yummy! I would seriously suffer if those went out of production, lol.

Eating slowly is something I need to pay more attention to myself! It's hard, old habits die hard lol. I also need to watch myself with drinking while I eat. I get so thirsty and I forget. The yoplait Greek 100 is my fave!

I'm right there with you hun :-( I actually was stalled for 3 months, and just recently gained 7! Today the scale went up .4! It is so depressing. But just try to focus on those positives u mentioned :-) and remember where you were a year ago, compared to today :)

I have been struggling with my night time snacking really bad! That was a bad habit I had before surgery and I know what I ate and quantity was a big reason for my weight. I have tried really hard this week to not eat after dinner.....

Because I let this habit back in my life I now have to struggle to get it OUT, it is so hard, I seriously have an argument with my self in my head "DAMN IT YOUR NOT FUCKING HUNGRY" "BUT Cereal IS SO GOOD"......

sigh I look completely different, but it is the same woman I am arguing with......

I don't know if I am self sabotaging because I am 1 pound from goal or what....

Pink.... Have a snack at night... Just choose your snack wisely.

@Shadow427

I am actually relieved you have quit. Cape May is amazing but it sounded like you were working too much. The worrisome thing is "WE" as a group are not good at taking care of our nutritional needs. I ate too fast and used food for comfort because it felt good. Most of the time I ate more when I was stressed and exhausted or even unhappy. I know everyone of us is different but in the back of my mind I was thinking if she is working this hard for such long hours how much you wanna bet she is not spending enough time taking care of herself. It's so easy to get sucked into a situation and losing sight of the goal. We have all travelled too far down this journey to forget we are gladiators and we will always be.

After a nice relaxing vacation you will be able to focus on looking for a job that is good for you. You come first!

@@PinkPolkadot619

Good to hear from you. I ate a bowl of Kellog's Protein Cereal with milk the other day. I was thinking the Protein would make it "good for me" but hello, it has too much sugar. The combination of milk and cereal which amounts to eating and drinking at the same time - a big no, no made it a horrible experience. I actually had a tummy ache that felt like it went all the way down my GI track. My bad. No more cereal and milk for me. I do love Greek yogurt with berries and not once have I felt sick eating that. My biggest worry is that I will have more then one per day. I have to watch out or I'll live on that.

I too eat for comfort and a late snack was a danger zone for me. I have a cup of herbal tea with a little milk, half a teaspoon of honey and a packet of Stevia every evening. It tastes sweet to me and it is very comforting.

One pound from goal is absolutely amazing, well done!