Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@PinkPolkadot619--So awesome you and your BF are losing weight. Wow! That's great! I'm sure between having your period, traveling, eating some foods that you don't normally eat--you'll have that 3 pounds off in no time!!

I freak out when I'm constipated because it seems I'll gain a couple pounds, but then I drop about 3 when I finally go!

So I'm a bit worried....I have "my" goal set at 160 pounds. But I was looking on line at different sites to see how much I "Should" weigh. Most sites are saying between 115-145.

I don't know that I can get that low? Or if I'd look good at that weight?? How did you all decide on a goal weight?

I looked at all the different formulas (that say I should weight like 130 and 135, BMI says between 111.2-150.2. My doctor said 140, but I know my scale is always different than the doctors (partly because I am not naked at the doctors office) So I figured 137 was a nice number and then maybe at my doctors office I will actually be what he said I should be....and I like the number 7 more than a zero... yes this was actually my thought process.

@@amylynns

With a weight goal, I think I'll know when I get there. I hope it's like, how do you know you don't want to have any more babies. You kind of know, right? I used the range were I am not considered obese as a guide but if I can't make it that far I'm okay with it. It's about being healthy and happy for me. A line in the sand doesn't mean much to me at this point.

You are doing so great. 11 pounds from goal is a wonderful accomplishment. Well done!

I'm still bouncing up and down everyday. This morning my scale was up .6 and I have no clue why. I am eating right and I was moving all day. Perhaps not enough Protein. Getting enough Protein is always difficult for me.

@@PinkPolkadot619

So sorry about your weight gain. I had quite a few of those this month. Absolutely floored with the realization. It's the worst feeling and I so understand. Today I was up .6 and I have no clue why because I was very good and moved around all day yesterday. This past month has been very slow for me and there were days I was down right depressed at my lack of weight loss progress. But we'll get there. Patience is always challenging.

Sending a big hug :rolleyes:

@Beni--I hope that's the case! My BMI still says I'm over weight so I think I have a little further to go. I even checked it at 160, and my BMI would be 25, still over weight!? Dang! I'm not going to stress over it though. Honestly, I'd be fine weighing 150, I just didn't want to set myself up for failure if I didn't hit that number. I figured 160 was doable. So I'll just see what happens when I hit 160 and go from there.

My Mom figured I was down to 130 by looking at me, and that was when I was at 180! So I guess I look smaller than I weigh. I need to take a new full body picture and put it next to my before picture so I can visualize for myself what I look like. :)

I struggle with Protein too Beni, it's hard a lot of days because I'm just not hungry enough normally to eat more than I am! :P

My typical day for meals is:

Breakfast: something with an egg. Whether I make an egg sandwich at home (one slice of 45 calorie bread, 1 small egg, 1 slice cheese)

Or I'll get an Egg White Delight sandwich from Mc D's when I'm in a rush! :-) I can't eat the whole thing.

Lunch: salad with tuna or ham/turkey along with cheese, nuts, black Beans and a 45 calorie dressing. That's my usual, or on a rush day I'll have a frozen meal. I try not to do that often, but it's convenient for crazy work days. I make sure I choose the lowest carb and sugar ones.

Dinner: Some sort of meat and veggie and small bit of carb. (usually some sort of potato)

Snacks: I have 1-2 a day. Beef jerkey, greek yogurt, apple & PB, cheese sticks.

I average 750-950 calories a day and 40-60g of Protein. I'd like the protein to be 60-80 though!

@shonlislove You Look FANTASTIC! But as good as you Look, I bet You Feel soooo much better. I know I do. Congrats!!

Aaaahhh!! I can't get my ticker to update right? When I go in to edit it, it's right. But won't show up right in my signature. So I "re-added" it to my signature, but now I have 2 tickers on it, LOL. But it only shows one when I go into tickers. Grrrr! I'm afraid if I delete it, it'll mess up my original weight. Like if I delete it and re-add it, will it let me start at 249 and have my current weight at 171?

Anyone have any tips?

Oh my... I just had the most horrible stomach ache and cramps... Wanted so bad to throw up but couldn't. Had some tea and now its a little better. But I feel like I did 100 sit-ups.

I'm on vacation in Maine. Although I have been super conscious of my food choices, I had a three French fries and a bite of cake. (My bday is Monday and a friend made it).

Could it be because my body hasn't had sugar or friend foods in months? I hope that's all it was.

The sugar does it for me. This has happened to me too. I can eat something sweet but only a bite or two after a meal. in other words it's a small percentage of sugar in relationship to what I ate. I also tried a piece of fried chicken and was super sick. Fat in many ways is actually worse for me. The sugar makes me feel really unwell but the fat makes me nauseous and usually only a trip to the bathroom with things going up will solve the problem.

This is how I handle dessert. I ask for a very small slice because I'm "so full" or "trying to eat healthy" both true. Then, I eat a bite, move some pieces around, maybe take another tiny bite in 5 minutes. I always avoid frosting at all costs. It's death for me. I can do maybe a 1/2 teaspoon at the most.

@@amylynns

I would delete the ticker. Hopefully it will delete only one. If not, when you add a ticker again you can place all the same values and it will show the starting weight and current weight. Your ticker doesn't have dates, so I don't think it would matter. But I am no expert.

What you eat and what I eat is very similar. I do am not hungry and i have to force myself to eat more Protein. Last night I had a homemade hamburger which I ate plain. I could only manage 2/3 and it was a struggle. It felt like I was forcing myself to eat it. I don't eat many carbs because they make me kind of sick. I do occasionally eat a California roll (sushi), a tiny amount of mashed potatoes, a chip or a pita/bagel chip or two. But if I eat 3 or 4 I'm feel unwell a few minutes later. The kind of unwell that I have to lie down for 1/2 hour. It's not worth the trouble for me.

My Protein is still under 50 gr most days even though I try so hard. A can of chick peas is only 11 grams and I am constantly trying to eat chicken. I get the grilled chicken nuggets from Chick Fillet. They are moist and nice and I ask for the kids size. 4 nuggets is already too many. I also eat Protein Bars but those with high protein values taste horrible to me.

Everyday is a protein dance. I should just start doing shakes but they make me go to the bathroom (for #2) so much.

I did go down 1 pound from yesterday. Hurray for that plain hamburger that tasted like nothing I wanted to eat.

I'm still dealing with the weight stall from hell. I'm getting my Protein and moving more (than I was when all I could do was lay in bed). Trying to stay positive, this will pass. I hope so anyways.

Well my boyfriend was right as soon as we got home and I got back in to my routine for a few days and did mostly shakes I lost the weight from our trip and more.

Then today we went hiking and I only made it a little over a mile up and was DONE. I think it's because I had a shake and not a real food Breakfast. But I got super weak and sick. He hugged me and told me we should just go back to be safe. I cried because I felt like I had failed or let him down. He of course reassured me that was not the case but it was hard. I made it back to the car but just barely, now that we are home and I am nibbling at real food I am starting to feel better.

Just curious, how many calories is everyone up to at this point? I feel like I'm eating a ton approx 1100-1400 per day. I exercise everyday and I'm very hungry. I am at my goal weight.

I try for 800 calories a day but some days I end up at 900-1,000 but my Protein is at 100-110g. I am approximately 9 pounds from goal.