Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my 6 month check up yesterday. I'll be back in a bit to report how that went but wanted to post a silly picture with my daughter and I from yesterday. Someone thought we were sistets, haha!!

Dang! Why can't I figure out how to rotate my pictures!?

Oh, I guess it did rotate it, hehe.

post-45670-14296250749211_thumb.jpg

Oh, I guess it did rotate it, hehee..

Ok, so first I had an appointment with a new family Dr. because mine left. :( I'm still in physical therapy for my back/hip and my PT lady wanted some additional imaging done to see why I'm not progressing more than I am. So anyway--I think I'm really going to like my new Dr. though. Guess she's technically a Nurse Practitioner.. So anyway, she ordered an MRI of my back/hip, so we'll see if that shows anything. I'm doubting it will, but I am getting really tired of being in pain everyday with this stupid hip! :angry:

So then my 2 daughters and one of my sons did some shopping between appointments. I bought some new work pants, size 11, Whoa!! I haven't been in this size since before I had my first daughter and she's 21 now! Crazy!!! Also finally measured my feet at the shoe store. I've gone from an 11 to a 9.5 Crazy!!

Ok, so my 6 month check up. The office ladies were astounded by what I looked like! It was so fun seeing them all! :P

My labs all looked great they said, yay! I haven't gotten a copy of them yet, but will check on line for myself, LOL. That's good news cuz I have to admit I'm not 100% great about taking all of my Vitamins everyday! :huh:

I have lost 77 pounds. They always tell me what percentage of my body weight I've lost. I've yet to figure out how they figure this though? Seems off to me? They said I've lost 85% of my body weight. I really should ask one of these times how they figure it!? LOL! I told her I'm still having reflux even when I faithfully take the omeprazole and Pepcid though. And I'm really frustrated with that because with the bypass, I was told the reflux would be gone. So they're going to do a scope tomorrow. My actual surgeon will do this procedure, which is nice because I haven't seen him forever! And I like him! :D

I also told her about this area in my abdomen that's been really sore the last week. I'm figuring it's just scar tissue, but not sure why it's all of a sudden been sore. She mashed around on it for a while, while making me be in a stomach crunch position, OUCH!!! Holy buckets, it's still sore where she was mashing! She said it could be a hernia. Great. ^_^ So they're going to do a CT, but it'll be a week or so from now, waiting to hear when for sure. So other than that, I think it went well!

I have a mammogram today, so that should be interesting since all I have to scan is some deflated tissue hanging off my chest! ;)

Hey Gladiators- great stuff!

Pink- Wow!!!! Absolutely amazing. You were stunning before... Phenomenal after. Kudos to your guy for a great run.

mariew24 - you are always welcome! Awesome on your success.

Amylynns - fun picture. You look great. Sounds like you are moving forward on your health issues.

Misstvb - great links to shopping. Good stuff!

I spent the past two days in Harrisburg (capital of PA) lobbying to support legislation to fund programs to allow seniors and disabled individuals to receive care in their own homes versus institutions. There was a lot of walking up and down stairs - and I felt Great! Five months ago it would have been impossible.

post-226756-14296678771412_thumb.jpg

I spent the past two days in Harrisburg (capital of PA) lobbying to support legislation to fund programs to allow seniors and disabled individuals to receive care in their own homes versus institutions. There was a lot of walking up and down stairs - and I felt Great! Five months ago it would have been impossible.

Good for you, supporting a cause you believe in and now being able to take those stairs on!

Everyday is reason to rejoice. Even when I'm exhausted and popping Vitamins like a drug addict I'm still finding joy in the changes in mind, body and spirit since surgery.

So, I have my 6 month post op tomorrow! I wish they would send me for blood BEFORE the appt tho, so we could discuss it AT the appt lol. Oh well. I guess we'll see. I am definitely going to talk to the NUT tho, try to get my scale moving some more!

I can't stop feeling my collarbone lol, it's been soooo long since I've seen or felt it!

Luna - Love the collarbone. :)

I have become fond of my hip bone! It's not as prominent as my collarbone, but, I feel it!!! :)

So, I have my 6 month post op tomorrow! I wish they would send me for blood BEFORE the appt tho, so we could discuss it AT the appt lol. Oh well. I guess we'll see. I am definitely going to talk to the NUT tho, try to get my scale moving some more!

I can't stop feeling my collarbone lol, it's been soooo long since I've seen or felt it!

I'm surprised they don't run your labs first? I had to have mine done at least a week before my appointment so they'd for sure be back to go over.

I'm loving my collarbone too!! And my hip bones! And the first thing I do every morning when I'm still laying in bed is feel my belly, or what used to be my belly. It's SO flat when I'm laying down, LOL! Still a bit jiggly when I'm standing up though. :P

My goodness, I got new black dress pants. I'm SO used to buying them so they're kind of baggy, but my daughter would NOT let me buy the baggier ones when we were shopping. So my new ones are "form fitting." Well, my honey could NOT keep his hands off me all day at work yesterday, LOL!! ( we work together) He kept telling me how hot I was, loved it!!

So we were on our way to the hospital at 7:15 this morning for my scope test and we're about 10 minutes from being there and I get a call from my Dr.'s office. She said they had to cancel the appointment!? What!!?? Didn't really say why, but told me to call back when I had my schedule in front of me to re-schedule. So we turned around and came back. I stopped at home to put on work clothes and trudged into work. Darn it! I was really looking forward to just dozing all day!! :angry:

I called right away at 8:30 to re-schedule and no one has called me back yet. What the heck? I hope my Dr. is alright.

Luna - Love the collarbone. :)

I have become fond of my hip bone! It's not as prominent as my collarbone, but, I feel it!!! :)

Yess...love the hip bones too!!! And the ribs lol

I'm surprised they don't run your labs first? I had to have mine done at least a week before my appointment so they'd for sure be back to go over.

I'm loving my collarbone too!! And my hip bones! And the first thing I do every morning when I'm still laying in bed is feel my belly, or what used to be my belly. It's SO flat when I'm laying down, LOL! Still a bit jiggly when I'm standing up though. :P

My goodness, I got new black dress pants. I'm SO used to buying them so they're kind of baggy, but my daughter would NOT let me buy the baggier ones when we were shopping. So my new ones are "form fitting." Well, my honey could NOT keep his hands off me all day at work yesterday, LOL!! ( we work together) He kept telling me how hot I was, loved it!!

You would think so, right? Ugh. I don't like it there :( the friendliest people at that office seem to be the ladies at reception. THEY are the ones that say, wow you look great! I'm not saying the PA has to be all like OMG, but it's just blah. Not something that makes you feel good about yourself. The nurse that weighed me barely spoke to me at all today. I try to make small talk and it's just silence. Ooook. So then the PA comes in the room, and instead of maybe saying hi, how are you? How's things? She walks in and says, any problems since last visit? And then I say not really, except that I stalled for a month and a half...and she just smiles and nods...and there's silence...and I'm sitting there like, say something b$!#@...lol...and idk, maybe it's in my head, maybe I'm crazy, but I feel like they are silently judging. I hate that feeling. And then I look at her skinny self, and I just want to blurt out, have you ever been fat a day in your life? Do you understand what it's like to be us patients?? Probably NOT.

Lol, ok rant over. So THAT'S how my 6 month appt went today lol.

I totally do the same thing when I'm laying down lol...I'm obsessed with my ribs and my belly lol. My bf will get all on me and he goes straight for the chest lol, and I'm like noooo, feel my ribs!!!! Lmao. And he does the same thing with some of my new "tighter" clothes....I'm had on a maxi skirt the other day, with a nice for fitting top...and we're at his sister's, and he's groping me. I said omg, it's just a skirt! He said but your butt looks so good! MEN!

So we were on our way to the hospital at 7:15 this morning for my scope test and we're about 10 minutes from being there and I get a call from my Dr.'s office. She said they had to cancel the appointment!? What!!?? Didn't really say why, but told me to call back when I had my schedule in front of me to re-schedule. So we turned around and came back. I stopped at home to put on work clothes and trudged into work. Darn it! I was really looking forward to just dozing all day!! :angry:

I called right away at 8:30 to re-schedule and no one has called me back yet. What the heck? I hope my Dr. is alright.

That's sucks!!! Idk bout there, but it's a gloomy day here, I'd want to doze all day too! Hopefully it wasn't an emergency with a patient!

Hello Everyone

You all are such a FABULOUS SUPPORTIVE Group. I don't post often, but I try to get in here and see what everyone is up to. You all are looking AMAZING!! I have learned so much in this group. I had a horrible stall that seemed to last for weeks. I saw a post and I can't remember who posted but it recommended increasing Protein above the required amount according to your pre surgery weight. Whoever posted that, you are my SHERO!! It has made a world of difference for me. I increased Protein last week and the scale has moved 7 pds!!!! I also had my 6 month appt yesterday. I am now down 105 pds. I have quite a way to go because when I started this journey I was 330 pds. I'm feeling awesome and I am so encouraged by each of you. Thanks for sharing your stories, highs and lows they are greatly appreciated. Here is a pic of me pre surgery and yesterday at the Dr. yesterday.

LaShondapost-237457-14297304984498_thumb.jpg

LaShonda! Welcome to the Gladiators! We are glad you joined us. You look fabulous! Congratulations! I, too, started in the 300s.

You are correct- this is an awesome, supportive group. I've come to rely on everyone's perspectives, encouragement, kindness, soft kicks in the butts when necessary, etc.

Looking forward to hearing more about your journey!!!!

Amylynns and Luna - I so wish I could bring you to my support group and my doctor! They are awesome. The doctor actually shows up to support group every now and then just to listen and encourage us. The nurse, NUT, program manager and administrative team are like family now. We even have our own Facebook page called The Melt-a-Ways.