Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i had trouble finding our thread i see it has been moved?

Hi Care from another newbie just wanted to say welcome. biggrin.gif

And good luck with the research, appts and decision in getting the band. I've only just begun the journey having been banded 6 weeks ago. Gosh doesn't seem that long.

Anyway best of luck and you've certainly come across a fantastic wealth of advice, support and information!

Where did it get moved to? I did a search to find it but that doesn't tell me where it went.

It was moved into your October 2014 Forums. http://www.bariatricpal.com/forum/1043-october-2014/

I had the same problem finding the thread, they should give us a heads up.

Hi, I didn't realize our thread was moved. I wonder why?

@misstvb

Congrats the 50s is a all new world. It seems like with every 10 pounds I find something else about me I had forgotten about. It is just wonderful. I am so glad for you.

It's so neat to see how you all describe how WLS has impacted your life. Now I get why so many people say they wish they did it sooner. It has changed my life. I have hope now. Before I was pretty much ready to give up. I was living but not really. When you are exhausted all the time as I was, it wasn't good. But that's all I knew, it was my reality. If only I had known what difference WLS would make. But I found it it anyway. This is my journey, with pitfalls and all but I am so grateful for the second chance.

Thursday meal plan

B- Premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- none

L- 3/4 chicken meatball 4 asparagus roasted Parmesan leftovers Olive Garden

S- Atkins chocolate caramel Protein Bar 4 fresh strawberries

D- toppings pepperoni 6 and mozzarella no crust

S- dole dippers strawberry 4halves

14 weeks after rny gastric bypass surgery

@@walkin'onsunshine

Hi, I am doing very good thank you, what about you?

Life has been fairly uneventful lately. Since my last restaurant experience 2 weeks ago I have had no nausea or vomiting. I am making a concerted effort to eat well and have tiny bits of veggies at every meal. Sometimes all I can have is 5 blueberries, one strawberry or 1/4 of a banana. My best idea so far was to cook a bunch of veggies (since slightly overcooked feel best) and make very small portions and freeze then in snack sized ziplock baggies. This way I can add then to any meal and I can also add chicken to them or any leftover Protein as leftovers come about throughout the week . This way I have lots of emergency meals for those days i am too busy and can't cook. I don't feel like cooking for me sometimes. My favorite is a chicken thigh without skin or visible fat boiled for at least an hour. I guess because it's warm and yummy for my tummy it goes down well. Salt and pepper is all it needs and I add one of my veggie medleys. Do you have favorite go to meals that always agree with you?

I noticed I eat a lot less flavor. Intense flavors bother me. I used to be very adventurous with my food but now I am simple.

You are doing so well. Planning like that with your meals is awesome. My stomach does not do as well with a mixture of food. Like a sandwich. It likes one item at a time. I like love veggies but can only do a couple bites at a time. I drink Water like crazy. My body can't seem to get enough. I think I may be to wonderland which would be awesome. But have not weighed myself in a couple weeks. Going to wait one more week.

Well you are doing so great. Happy Friday.

Hello October gang,

Been awhile since I posted, although I have avidly read everything. My three month anniversary was 9 days ago. I am at nearly 50 pound WL, so my weight is not falling off.. more like a constant drip. I am back to my next size down clothes, hooray. I mostly wear my baggy sweats though, unless going out in public, for warmth and comfort. I find I am still tired and although my 3 month check up went well, I was told to eat more, and work on Iron rich foods. My Vitamin D was low so I am back on Replesta which is an OTC 50,000 unit chewable pill (have to ask for it /order it). This has been an issue since before my lapband in 2009. Living in the gloomy NW doesn't help. Go away gray skies!

Speaking of gloomy my husband and I survived a 2x rollover car wreck on January 9th thanks to a quick lowering of a freezing fog/black ice. Car was totalled but it did its job and protected us from life-threatening injuries (1999 Subaru Forester). 1 broken rib- (my husband-who was driving) I had seat belt bruising, and I had head and neck issues. Not to mention I looked like a blue and green Dalmatian for awhile. Thanks to Arnica gel and tablets the bruises faded quickly. The mind game for icy roads may take a bit longer. Met some great neighbors though. No property damage to his fence as we were bounced over the fence. Only 6 miles from the farm, geez.

Will be having my fourth surgery in little over a year to replace my horrid right knee sometime soon. Then watch out, I will be fully mobile with both knees working and no more pain. My left knee was done March last year. All in all I really appreciate the support on this blog that everyone shares. Should have done more when I had my lap band. Live and learn..

Thanks gang!

Hi, I didn't realize our thread was moved. I wonder why?

I guess they dont feel we are beginners any longer. :) we are old pros by this point.

There is nothing old and pro going on over here. Still new, still have the it should be flying off my body mind set.

Does anyone else have no issues with food?? Like I haven't tried anything super bad, my worst treat is a Fiber one brownie. But I have no issues with chicken, fish, sea food, veggies. I'm glad but I'm worried I can eat anything and I am able to eat more and more. I'm scared I'm eating to much! And worried I won't be able to stop. I still keep around 700-800 calories but it now takes grate effort!

Am I alone in this?? I used to struggle to get enough, now it is soooo not a problem.

@pinkpolkadot610

Yes, I have the same issue. While it's great to be able to eat I wish my body would restrict me more. I've been logging foods in my fitness pal (not religiously) and trying to keep the calories down.

I'm also struggling with head hunger. I know I don't need to eat but really want to. Feeling like my old demons are back with me.

Friday meal plan

B- Premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S- yo plait greek yogurt caramel macchiato 5oz

L- pepperoni cheese topping no crust

S- fresh strawberries 4 mini mandarin orange cutie

D- barbacoa meat 1oz cheese, sour cream 1oz pinto Beans chipotle

S- dole dippers strawberry 4 halves

14 weeks after RNY GBS