Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Friday

B- egg white sandwich

S- cottage cheese

L- grilled chicken breast, 1/3 baked potato with 1Tbs sour cream.

S- nuts

D- mushroom and Swiss omelet ( couldn't eat it all)

S- 1/2 cup Garretts popcorn.< /p>

Still not enough protein.....

It just dawned on me that I'm half ways to my goal too! That snuck up on me!

@@walkin'onsunshine.

Congratulations. The halfway mark is a huge thing (no pun intended). I too am nearing that milestone. Doesn't feel amazing to finally be at a place were success is possible? It wasn't easy but you did it.

Thank you. I think I am most excited that I am no longer 100 pounds overweight.

Thank you. I think I am most excited that I am no longer 100 pounds overweight.

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!! I'm excited that i am no longer MORBIDLY obese!!

I am down 50 pounds since October 22nd. It was a very rough time during the post op phase but I am doing fantastic today. I have basically donated my entire closet of clothes. I am now wearing a size 12 in jeans.....it has been a long time since I was this thin. Still have 40 pounds to lose but I am well on my way. I wish everyone else continued success.

@Crmmfw.. can you explain to me what do the initial mean at the end of your post?

Your posts are very supportive in reminding me the structure that is needed to stay on track!

Thank you!

@Crmmfw.. can you explain to me what do the initial mean at the end of your post?

Your posts are very supportive in reminding me the structure that is needed to stay on track!

Thank you!

12 weeks after RNY Gastric Bypass

My surgery was 10/13/14!! ; )

Saturday meal plan

B- Premier Protein shake chocolate 11oz

S-1cup popcorn went to movies saw American Sniper omg great movie!!

L- rotisserie chicken salad 3 1/2 oz went to Costco!!

S- chai tea

with 1% milk 8oz

D- Beans with cheese 1/2c avocado slices 4

12wks rny gbs

Im guilty of mindless eating! I suffered the same symptoms! Its a continuous learning process!!

It is amazing to me how easy it is to forget that I can only eat small amounts of food. One extra bite and I have foamies. I would rather not. One person said she could eat a whole Quest Bar so I decided I'd eat a whole one. That didn't work, and I was in agony for a few hours. I have to stay mindful of what I am doing. I can't begin to say what this group means to me. Thank you so much!

@@wildGoose

I can only eat 1/3 of a Quest bar at a time. Any more and I get nausea. My NUT tells me it's because it's a lot of concentrated Protein and overwhelms the system. As you know it's also really dense.

For dinner last night I had steak and survived with only 4 burps. Hurray. When I say "had steak" I mean, I had a total of 6 bites and those are bariatric size bites, the size of a finger nail. I also had a tablespoon of mashed potatoes and 1/2 of a circle of sweet potato. I know one more bite would have been disaster. OMG, why is it so hard to tell when enough is enough?

I need your advice friends. How do you know you have eaten enough? Please describe your exact feeling and how you eat successfully because I don't seem to have a clue. Some meals it's great others a complete disaster. I know we are all different but I am thinking if I hear your experience perhaps I will be able to relate and learn. I would be most grateful. This is my greatest struggle and my NUT just spits back the same canned answer she has told me every time. She doesn't understand what I'm going through.

Also, perhaps we can all learn from each other.

@Beni... I think we're all in the same boat! When I start feeling full is when I have the sensation the food is not going down freely. At this point, I feel like I've experienced enougj horrible after effects from eating the wrong foods, or eating too fast! It seems like a crap shoot sometimes. Steak is one.food that doesn't go down well.. just as a side note, today inwas almost 2 pounds more than yesterday!! And I walked 3 to 4 miles yesterday, I stayed on task with my food/ except for getting enough Protein. Does anyone experience this frustration?

Steak and pork are about the only solid Proteins that I can tolerate. Fish and chicken stick in my throat and then my chest. My heart races and feels like I'm going to have a heart attack.

Knowing how much to eat- trial and error, but I try to only put a very small amount on my plate. Then I wait for 5 minutes or so after eating to see if that went down okay. If it did, I might get some more. I will get the hiccups or my forehead will get kinda sweaty if I'm full I've noticed. I have even had a bite in my mouth, chewing and chewing and had that sweaty feeling and spit the food out in my napkin, knowing that if I swallow I'll be in trouble. Usually the Protein makes me full and I don't have room for anything else except maybe a bite. It's so not worth making a vegetable usually because the whole thing has to go in the fridge as leftover.