Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best on the go Breakfast. post-234841-14152884419201_thumb.jpgif you get down the whole 1 ounce packet. That's 6g of Protein.

3 weeks post op and one incision site hurt really bad and another one started leaking.

Hopefully it's not an infection.

3 weeks post op and one incision site hurt really bad and another one started leaking.

Hopefully it's not an infection.

I hope so too. Feel better soon.

On my first day week 2. I feel good. Went out today. After 4 hours of shopping I felt like I should go home and not overdo it. Came home grabbed another drink and without thinking I darted to drink it like old me. Fortunately I stopped after two big gulps. How stupid was that, I forgot I had bypass one week ago. Not my brightest moment!

On my first day week 2. I feel good. Went out today. After 4 hours of shopping I felt like I should go home and not overdo it. Came home grabbed another drink and without thinking I darted to drink it like old me. Fortunately I stopped after two big gulps. How stupid was that, I forgot I had bypass one week ago. Not my brightest moment!

lol oh yea hurts but you be so thirsty u wanna guzzle it down lol

Tomorrow will be 1 month out from surgery. I completed 5 miles on the elliptical today. I was so proud of myself. I may even weigh myself tomorrow. I have avoided the scale as to not get discouraged incase I am not losing as fast as others. Just enjoying the journey!!!

Wow! 4 hours if shopping! Impressive girl!

Ooops! I've done that with my drink too, usually in the morning. Doesn't take me long to remember. I seem to be more uncomfortable that way in the morning. Like stuff is swollen in there. Maybe it's just sleeping. :-)

Take it easy friend!

Best on the go breakfast. attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1415288440.897975.jpgif you get down the whole 1 ounce packet. That's 6g of Protein.< /p>

Yumm! So you can have crackers? I'm so jealous! Lol! Just mushies/pureed for me for another 2 1/2 weeks. :-)

Thanks everyone! I'm better now, but man did that hurt! I'm not sure what caused it, but I have been using fat free milk for my Protein Shakes all week so idk...I am staying away from pudding and cool whip, that's for sure! It's weird how different the docs diets are from one another. You all seem to be on liquids for a while, mine had me start puree one week out. I think I'm going back to liquids for a few days tho, maybe my pouch is in distress from the purees? Who knows :-/

@@Luna222 - glad you're feeling better. I'm not sure what I had going on this afternoon... I had 4 oz diluted low fat cream of chicken Soup for lunch, and decided to add 1/2 scoop chicken soup flavored *unjury to get some addtl Protein. It was way too salty, so I added a little more milk. Still not great, but I drank it. A few minutes later I started feeling like I had to go to the bathroom (sorry), and my heart was pounding. I took my BP and it was

130's/80-something (higher for me) and my pulse was upper 90's. I was initially headed to the grocery store, but decided to lay down for a while. 4 hours later, I'm just waking up. It wasn't terrible/bad pains, but is sounding like a mild case of dumping....?

Edited by TinaC

Hey guys, thank you for all your words of encouragement I really needed it bad. I've seriously been crying for the past few days and today my mom brought my son and I cheered up. After all these tears and regretful thoughts I have decided to pack it up and I'm just going to live with my decision and take it for what it is. I started my tube feeding yesterday and have been trying to pull through and eat while on it so that I can get off it. I love all of you for being here for me and again I appreciate you guys keeping me in your thoughts and uplifting me with your kind and beautiful words. Thank you.

@Bronxmerci. So sorry your having so many challenges I'd be pissed too after all the high expectations. But I gotta believe you did the surgery because you wanted to conquer this weight issue once and for all. Your gonna get thru this and when you do you gonna be on your way to better health & a better you able to be the better parent. So know this your going to get there just hang in now. This time will pass. We got you!

@@layknee sounds like a call to your surgeon may be the answer if nothing else to R/O all those things your thinking it might be. And if needed have them get you some antibiotics & maybe a new dressing. Hope you get answers and feel better soon!

Hello everyone. I had my surgery on 10/21/14. Looking for support online. Easier for me to get it this way than at the support group the center has where I had my surgery. On here I can get on anytime where the meetings are once a month and a ways for me to have to travel to attend.

Welcome!!! You're doing great--you've lost a lot of weight! How was your recovery? Are you having any challenges?

Well, evidently my belly doesn't like sugar free pudding either. I didn't dump, but it's going right through me. (Not in a bad painful way, just annoying)

I can eat sugar free rice pudding no problem but mashed potatoes were a problem last week. I'm coming to the end of my puréed weeks just 5 more days. I ate a little tuna without grinning it all up & added a little relish. Tuna fish was my life long favorite so really missing having the chunky taste. I went out with my husband for Asian & had noodles with broccoli & tofu without eating the broccoli. I was able to eat only about 1/4 cup compared to my usually 1/2 to 1 cup at one meal. I'm gonna try a little bit of salmon with some baby food veggies & turkey. More so because I bought 2 bottles of baby food early on & might as well try one. So looking forward to adding regular food next week one at a time. It's not that I'm hungry just missing real chewing.

I'm getting in about 38 to 48 ounces of liquid a day so not too bad.

Each week making progress with food intake but worrying about weight loss slow down. Trying to increase my walking I did 3 miles and over 11,000 steps yesterday making me sleep well last night. It poured today so just caught up on my TiVo. Tomorrow it's back to walking

I'm not allowed pudding or any product with lactose. Funny how our diets are so different. Are you allowed mashed potatoes? That's what I am having for lunch tomorrow. I was told not to eat anything too liquid at this point because I need to stretch my pouch just a little. It was explained to me this is how you form your pouch and your stoma opening while it's still healing. Yogurt is about as soft as I can go. No Soup for me at all. I can drink broth but it's not considered "eating."

Edited by Beni