Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are you doing?? Mine was the 20th.

Good for the most part, over the weekend and post surgery I was pushing it like super woman, even went to the zoo on Sunday. Starting yesturday and this morning I'm starting to realize I overdid it greatly, I'm exhausted and just overall not feeling well. At the same time I'm trying to cut back on the pain med to 1/2 and that's giving me some issues. So im in the process of learning to take it easy. As my boyfriend said to me yesturday " you had major surgery, sleep baby" I just hate not doing anything.

We're you given blood thinner shots in your belly after surgery? I was given 2 a day to prevent blood clots. I wonder if that could be the cause of the nose bleeds? It might be something to mention to your surgeon just to see if it's normal.

I am doing them for 2 weeks at home, I don't have nose bleeds but I am getting some insane bruising, tennis ball size.

I didn't think getting my drain removed was painful as much as an odd sensation. You defiantly felt it being pulled out.

I have been having nose bleeds since surgery. I haven't had this problem since I was a kid. I am 2 weeks out. Anyone else having this problem or have a reason why this is happening?

Call your Surgeon ASAP @@finallyaloser in the hospital most if not all got a couple of shots of heparin a Blood Thinner. Nose bleeds may be a result of too high a heparin dose. You need to have them take a look. ASAP.

Good for the most part, over the weekend and post surgery I was pushing it like super woman, even went to the zoo on Sunday. Starting yesturday and this morning I'm starting to realize I overdid it greatly, I'm exhausted and just overall not feeling well. At the same time I'm trying to cut back on the pain med to 1/2 and that's giving me some issues. So im in the process of learning to take it easy. As my boyfriend said to me yesturday " you had major surgery, sleep baby" I just hate not doing anything.

I started reducing my pain meds also, but I'm using Tylenol instead of the prescribed meds for pain. Have you tried that or are you just doing without pain meds altogether?

I started reducing my pain meds also, but I'm using Tylenol instead of the prescribed meds for pain. Have you tried that or are you just doing without pain meds altogether?

my surgeon told me to substitute with aleeve, I reduced from 2 percocet to 1 with aleeve.

my surgeon told me to substitute with aleeve, I reduced from 2 percocet to 1 with aleeve.

wow, I have not heard anyone who was told to take an nsaid, mine said it would be to hard on the belly and could cause problems, most others that I have heard from got the same info. I would love to take an aleve or motrin, though I weened myself off them prior to surgery. It is amazing the different info we get.

good job on getting off the narcotic meds.

Edited by smiley922

She said the nsaid thing was more for bypass, and she felt it would help with the hernia. I asked the nurse at the hospital and the traveling nurse as well, because I'd heard the same as you.

Does anyone know what a leak feels like? I'm having severe pains on my left side but don't know if gas has settled there or a bowel blockage. I don't want to overreact but it really hurts. I am walking around trying to dissipate any gas if that's what it is, but not helping. Just took pain med and one spoon of milk of magnesia. I also haven't had a BM since one week ago when I took a laxative before surgery. I wasn't that concerned with Constipation bc I'm only on liquids, but is it possible? I feel like if it was a leak I'd be on the floor. I'm close tho to being there.

Does anyone know what a leak feels like? I'm having severe pains on my left side but don't know if gas has settled there or a bowel blockage. I don't want to overreact but it really hurts. I am walking around trying to dissipate any gas if that's what it is, but not helping. Just took pain med and one spoon of milk of magnesia. I also haven't had a BM since one week ago when I took a laxative before surgery. I wasn't that concerned with Constipation bc I'm only on liquids, but is it possible? I feel like if it was a leak I'd be on the floor. I'm close tho to being there.

Call your DR. Are you able to keep liquids down? Is the pain worse before or after you eat/drink? Have you been taking your Protonix, Prilosec or other PPI? Those are questions you may want to evaluate for when you call your Dr. Good luck and praying for a quick resolution. If you are in enough constant pain call them and have them check you over. If it is as simple as gas pain or constipation they can be fixed and you will get Peace of Mind which at this stage in the game is priceless! Praying for you and let us know what you find out.

Hi all!!! Im having surgery today!!! Yay!!! I also have lost 13lbs in the two day clear liquid diet. Cant wait to look and feel better!!!

@@baibeckk

Good luck!! Prayers for a smooth surgery and amazing recovery!

Call your DR. Are you able to keep liquids down? Is the pain worse before or after you eat/drink? Have you been taking your Protonix, Prilosec or other PPI? Those are questions you may want to evaluate for when you call your Dr. Good luck and praying for a quick resolution. If you are in enough constant pain call them and have them check you over. If it is as simple as gas pain or Constipation they can be fixed and you will get Peace of Mind which at this stage in the game is priceless! Praying for you and let us know what you find out.

@@freelyme okay I will. I just hated to raise a red flag in case it's just gas. My doctor is also an hour away, so I'm kinda hesitant to get in the car when in this much pain. I cannot get comfortable standing, sitting or laying down so I think a car will be awful. I don't take any of the meds you're talking about. The only meds they gave me are Zofran (anti-nausea) and oxycodone for pain. I haven't had any nausea and the liquids are going down fine. But I've stopped for the last half hour.

Edited by tacycakes

I was given like 6 meds! Id call too, I called the day after I was released because I had a pain in the back of my leg. They asked me questions and decided based on the situation it was most likely not a clot.