Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Less than 24 hours till surgery!

Okay so have to be at the hospital at 5:45am tomorrow morning a little anxiety is setting in. Not at all if I am doing the right thing because I know that I am. I am afraid of the unknown

1 will I wake up

2 how bad will the pain be

3 will it hurt to swallow

4 will I feel different - well will I notice a smaller stomach etc

Someone ease my mind. Lol

Thank you. ????

It didn't hurt at all for me to swallow...one side hurt worse for me, it felt like I did a whole lot of sit-ups, but I didn't take pain medicine after I came home...you will tell a difference in your stomach when you start on solids and you feel full after a couple of ozs. God Bless!!!

Here's what happened to me.

1) You will more than likey wake up. it took me a little bit to full wake up, but I did. ;)

2) I wont sugar coat it, there will be pain. The amount of pain depends on your tolerance. They will giv eyou pain meds so to fret. I survived on the liquid tylenol. There was only one time I needed morphine

3) I expected to have swallowing problems, but I didn't. I didn't even have the scratchy throat. I suppose it depends on the person.

4) You may feel different. I did. I don't know if my feelings were of a physical nature though. I felt like I had gone though a metamorphosis and finally could see a brighter future. My stomach looked smaller, but that could have been just my imagination.

Try not to worry about any what will happen afterwards. The doctors and nurses will take care of you and your needs. You will be just fine. :)

Good luck tomorrow and I look forward hearing how well things went.

Good luck Angie! Please let us know how you make out! :)

Good luck Angie!! I know you will do great. I have mine on the 22 so I'm looking forward to hearing from you on how everything went.

congrats and good luck. if you have been reading a lot on here like I did before surgery you will know that there are so many possible feelings/outcomes. first few days will be the hardest. gas, soreness, inability to drink more than a sip at a time. stick to your programs and ask for help/advice on here when needed. my word of advise.... if you feel a sneeze. hold on for dear life and try to avoid it. I sneezed 6 days out and that was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. coughing sucks too. just apply pressure to your large incision.

keep us posted!!! :)

U got this! And a whole new life just beginning. Good luck tomorrow and on your journey!

Angie, I am right there with you. I have anxiety...but I am trying so hard to keep it in check. I am a nurse, and think in terms of worst case scenarios, but truth is...look around, I have only seen people with positive outcomes, so that's what I am going with! I am going to try some meditation tonight, and lots of prayers...hope to hear from you tomorrow night..hugs..we can do this!

Thank you I needed to hear that. I was just on the phone with my sister in law and started crying out of no where. But you are right we can and will do this. I will post tomorrow. Good luck to you also and God bless.

Hope your surgery went well and you are comfortable and not in too much pain.