Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DISAPPOINTED & ANGRY

I went through the excate same thing I wanted drastic fast weight loss after this extreme op which seems to happen to everyone here well I lost 7lbs the first month and maybe a lb a week after that I cried I ranted and I mentally gave up but here I am 9 months later 60lbs down is it slower than a snail yep iv 40lbs to goal and haven't lost in 6weeks there's nothing I can do but wait but iv lost 60lbs!!!! And kept it off even when I thought I'd failed and sabotaged myself

@@MDB9/16/14

The World According to Eggface has amazing recipes for all phases, including pureed! The ricotta bake is to die for! You will feel like you are eating "normal" food :) You hang in there sweetie, and keep us all posted on your progress! Welcome to the losers bench!

@@Roo101769 Thank you for the honest and very well said answer. I have been at the exact weight for three weeks. I guess I'm stalled as I refuse to believe that I am finished. I am so happy to be under 200 pounds, but have no idea what to do to see even one pound loss on the scale. I am sticking with the program because I have absolutely no choice. But I admit it's tough to be getting the required Protein and Water and under 800 calories and still see no change.

During my pureed stage I was allowed scrambled eggs, soft cheeses and shredded meat, so I really lived on those. I made Shelly's Ricotta Bake (recipe on this page) and had that almost every night for dinner. I had tuna salad or a a scrambled egg with some melted cheese for lunch. I was still having two Protein shakes a day (one for Breakfast and one a couple hours after dinner). I had cottage cheese, string cheese, light greek yogurt, or Peanut Butter for Snacks. My nutritionist wants me at 85-100 grams of Protein a day and I was able to get at least 85 grams in all through my pureed stage with those foods. I never actually pureed anything.

Edited by JamieLogical

Babbs - thanks for your support. Everything you've said - and all the others that have responded have definitely lifted my spirits and have been very supportive and helpful. I am going to try that recipe posted. I think my culprit may be cream of chicken Soup. My take home paperwork said I could have strained cream Soups. After having some cream of chicken soup (after just liquids) it tasted like Thanksgiving dinner. But I so feel it may have too much sodium - even though I used Healthy Request. I need good choices ! Thanks again - glad to know we're in this together. With all of you ❤

@@MDB9/16/14

The World According to Eggface has amazing recipes for all phases, including pureed! The ricotta bake is to die for! You will feel like you are eating "normal" food :) You hang in there sweetie, and keep us all posted on your progress! Welcome to the

losers bench!

Thanks for the welcome to the "losers bench" I will gladly wear the "L" on my forehead lol

One more thing, weight day of surgery was taken prior to surgery and hospital stay. Most people gain about 6-10 lbs in the hospital because of fluids they put in you. So you've actually lost more, even if it is Fluid loss.

Finediva... I am going to answer you from my point of view, my experience. But as I stated in my original response post, everybody is different. I did really well my first 2 months post op. I had extreme restriction and stuck to the diet whole heartedly. I lost well, but nearly as quickly as many others. To be honest, I cannot tell you my exact stats in the first few months. I did stall at three weeks, actually mine started a bit earlier and lasted a while. But a few weeks later I started dropping again. No rhyme or reason, just kept with the program and it worked. At about 7- 8 months I stalled again. But this time it was more or less a plateau. From mid June until just this past week I had stayed in the same 5 lb area. (218-222bs) I went on vacation, I worked, I ate too much junk, I cut way back what I was eating. Nothing seemed to break the cycle. In fact I stayed at or just over 220lbs as my average. In August I realized I had rode the sleeve as far as it would go on its own. I can no longer lose the weight just by what I eat, but now I have to exercise. I really, honestly do not like exercise. To me it is a necessary evil. I should have started earlier but I didn't. I have been a member of the YMCA for over a year, but never took advantage of their fitness facility. I decided to bite the bullet and signed up for a 6 wk personal fitness program with a trainer. Three weeks into that they switched a computerized system. It has been good/ bad for me. With a trainer I feel guilty if I don't go frequently enough and would bust my tail to get to the gym. With the computer that guilt is not there, but the system does work me out so much better than I got with the trainer. It is up to me to get to the gym and yes, I can be a slacker there. Anyway...long story short. Since I have started working out I have dropped a couple pounds down and seem to be keeping them off. Biggest difference though is inches. I can tell a HUGE change in my shape. My body may not weigh a lot different, but the shape and size has certainly changed. Clothes that were skin tight on me a few weeks previous now have room. The exercise is making a difference, even if the scale doesn't reflect it like I would like. I am not sure where you are in your process, but do try to work in exercise as much as you can. Push yourself, see what you can accomplish. You may just surprise yourself. Hopefully you find what you need to get things moving again!

@@Roo101769 Thank you for the honest and very well said answer. I have been at the exact weight for three weeks. I guess I'm stalled as I refuse to believe that I am finished. I am so happy to be under 200 pounds, but have no idea what to do to see even one pound loss on the scale. I am sticking with the program because I have absolutely no choice. But I admit it's tough to be getting the required Protein and Water and under 800 calories and still see no change.

You know, you're right - not looking at the scale is a good thing. I just noticed something a few minutes ago. Even though I feel like I'm stuck at 3 to 4 weeks out - -- I just crossed my legs. Most people will not even think that's a big deal. But I have not been able to do that !!!! I can cross my legs YAY. Progress without a number on the scale :-)

Take your measurements if you haven't already. I agree with the working out. Start with aerobic exercise 30 minutes a day and gradually increase. My surgeon wanted me starting at 30 and building up to 60 daily before surgery. I am supposed to be at 60-90 minutes after surgery. Make sure to do strength training also (weights). Women don't have enough testosterone to "bulk up", which a lot of women worry about. Muscle burns fat more efficiently and as Roo said, it will help to shape your body! You can do it!! I go in tomorrow and I'm currently in my manic, excited phase!! Keep working! (Also try some exercises/activities you may not think you are interested in - yoga, zumba - you may find some things that you really enjoy doing!)

Have a great day and good luck!

Karen

@@Roo101769 Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I walk quite a bit, but probably need to do more. I confess that like you, while I am an active person, I do not like to exercise. Never have. My issue with the sleeve surgery is I believed the reduced amount of calories would show a loss every week. Well, that's not the case. I am sticking with the program, because, well, I already removed 80% of my stomach. There is no do over. Just moving forward. I wish you continued success.

Congratulations! Sounds like you are in the midst, or possibly near the end of The Dreaded Week-3 Stall. It's perfectly normal, and just about all of us have suffered through it. You're not crazy, and your doctor didn't screw up. In fact, you might not lose any weight for two weeks or more. But don't worry -- after that, the weight will start falling off if you stick to your program. If you're interested, here's a good article that explains why it happens and why we all have to go through it. Hang in there. Pretty soon it'll be in the rear-view mirror and you'll be dropping weight again like crazy!

Here's an extra hint: If you're not already, I'd recommend logging your food and exercise with something like http://www.myfitnesspal.com/. It's easy, and will help you determine if you are getting enough Protein, liquid, etc. Don't worry about not getting enough calories. Most sleevers find that they are unable to get in more than 700-900 calories a day for many months after surgery. Good luck!

(Apologies to BP regulars who have seen this repeatedly, but it's a big deal to those who are going through it!)

@@Rogofulm

Thanks for the encouraging words. I actually do use the myfitnesspal.com. It really helps. I'm doing good and calming down and losing the crazies ????. Thanks for your support. Molly

Edited by MDB9/16/14