Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday and I am having a minor freak out! I have been worried all morning and can't stop crying. I have a massage scheduled or tomorrow and apparently need to take a Xanax today. :blink: I started my liquid diet last Monday and am down 10.1 pounds today, so that is good. Once I got my surgery date, I went through a week or so of just feeling that something awful was going to happen. I got past that and have been doing OK until today. I just need to get out of my head!!!! Thanks for any words of wisdom or encouragement!

Karen

Certainly understand the fear - but I fear a life with the weight more than the surgery - you have been wanting this and now it's here - press your way! You've got this!

The anxiety is normal. This is major, life-changing surgery...if you weren't nervous, then you should panic! :D

This part of the process was undoubtedly the most difficult for me. However, it is all a distant memory now!

I was sleeved May 8, 2013 and my wife July 8, 2013. While my surgery and recovery were textbook, hers was a bit more challenging. She had two hernias repaired and it took about 3-4 weeks for her to quit complaining...uh-hm, I mean start to feel better! :P

Now, that period of time is a distant memory!

I am down 120 lbs. and my wife is down 80 lbs. (She looks fantastic, but she's on a mission to lose more...I told her not to get carried away, I don't want to feel like I'm hugging a sack of hammer handles!).

You are in for an awesome transformation! Just follow your doc's orders, allow your body time to heal, don't (DO NOT! :angry:) let the number on the scale dictate your feeling of success or failure (If you feel better and your pants are falling off, to hell with what the number is on the scale! LOL).

The first few months will be an emotional roller coaster...don't be afraid to use the folks on this site as a sounding board, I think you'll find this is pretty much a judgement-free zone!

By the way, you're in for one heck of a journey and there's an incredible new you, waiting on the horizon!

Godspeed for a quick recovery! :)

sml_gallery_176720_16388_210489.png

Thank you both for the support! Who dat - you guys look amazing and happy! Congrats!

I was sleeved almost 3 weeks ago on 9/23/2014. I was mildly nervous just because it is major surgery but I'm so happy now!! I've already dropped 20 lbs and have so much more energy. You'll be so happy after - keep the faith!!

I was nervous at first also. I was sleeved 9/24/14 and I feel better and have more energy.

Im nervous too Im on Tuesday as well I actually feel really good being on this liquid diet tommorow will be harder since its all clear and I cant have the Protein shakes but 24 hrs will go by so fast. Im scheduled for 7:30 am on Tuesday and cant wait till Tuesday afternoon when all this will be over. Good Luck

I am also on Tuesday. Nervous yes but excited to be done with it and move on to the next phase in my life. I just keep remembering why I chose this path and know that it's the right decision I'm sure my anxiety will be worse tomorrow and Tuesday but I am going to try to be strong. Good luck to you.

Thanks ladies! @@cdenney123, your diet sounds the same as mine. I am supposed to get a call tomorrow with the time for Tuesday. I just want to get through this and move on with the recovery!

I was SO nervous. I just had my surgery on 10/7. Even up to going into the OR I was freaking out and wondering if I was doing the right thing. (Luckily, they give you some really nice "relaxation" meds if you need them....and I DID!) Believe me, I had tears and was just so scared. BUT...like others have said, the fear of being unhealthy, and overweight for the rest of my life scares me more.

I'm less than a week out and doing well. The recovery has been a pleasant surprise...not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. You'll be okay!

@@Who Dat 70461

Thanks so much for the encouraging words! I go on Tuesday also and I have been feeling a little panicked too. I think that is pretty normal. I can't wait to see us all on the other side and feeling great. Although, I'm prepared for pain and the emotional roller coaster that will be the first couple of months.

I too wonder and have anxious thoughts. I try not to think about it and then another day passes... I'm sure each week will get more anxious.

I was totally calm until I was actually naked on the stretcher with the IV in my arm. I completely freaked out 10 minutes before surgery and left the hospital.

BIG mistake. I immediately regretted it and now I have to wait 2 more weeks to have surgery. That's a lot of liquid diet, a lot of waiting, and a lot of money wasted.

When I think about struggling with my weight for the rest of my life, fighting what might be a losing battle, it gives me courage to do the surgery. Just focus on the positives. Freak outs and nervousness are normal, but everyone who goes through with it seems to be happy with their decision.

I was sleeved on August 26th. I was nervous as all out back. I was so nervous that I was quiet and calm, scarey. I was just going through the motions. I was there and I just kept moving through the process. This people were taking me here and there and asking questions. They gave me something to calm me right before going in the OR. I am so glad that I went through with it. I hope next time you will too. No regrets

I was totally calm until I was actually naked on the stretcher with the IV in my arm. I completely freaked out 10 minutes before surgery and left the hospital.

BIG mistake. I immediately regretted it and now I have to wait 2 more weeks to have surgery. That's a lot of liquid diet, a lot of waiting, and a lot of money wasted.

When I think about struggling with my weight for the rest of my life, fighting what might be a losing battle, it gives me courage to do the surgery. Just focus on the positives. Freak outs and nervousness are normal, but everyone who goes through with it seems to be happy with their decision.

Glade to hear, you have decided to try for surgery again. I hope you have a plan and a team around you to support you on your surgery day! Our thoughts are with you.