Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maintaining Her down there

I tend to find that there is a day or two during the growing out process that I do feel a little prickly but it passes quickly and does grow in softer and sparser. It's not that there's less hair it's just that some came out from the roots and take a little time to regenerate while hairs that break grow back faster.

It is nice and clean though. I've been doing it a long time so I find it to be worth the effort.

I had laser hair removal after years of waxing.

The cost of the laser treatments pays for itself when you figure out how many waxes you are going to pay for during your lifetime.

I shave, but I find it difficult since I can't see wtf I'm shaving lol. I can't wait til after my surgery to be able to see what I'm doing, but I'll prob get it waxed as I have in the past

The cost of the laser treatments pays for itself when you figure out how many waxes you are going to pay for during your lifetime.

how much did it cost you? And where did you go?

If you get bumps from shaving or ingrown hairs I have a solution. My gf was a dancer for years and stayed shaved she taught me that if you use stick deodorant right after shaving it somehow cuts the irritation down. It works amazing. I hate the idea of antiperspirant. Since

It causes cancer but deodorant alone is ok

I've wanted to do the Brazilian wax for a while. But, I. Super embarrassed. What are the steps? The more weight I lose the more I want it lol

I'm super embarrassed too. I have wanted to ask for a while but been too embarrassed so thanks for bringing up the topic. Since I take Biotin for Hair loss, I think the hair grows more in places I have never noticed before. My daughter does Brazilian and described sticking her butt in the air and being scrouched with knees tucked to have her backside waxed. The idea of that position would embarrass me so much I would need a couple xanax before....

Edited by Nevermind

@Nevermind and @tfarr For me the hair regrowth has been pretty sparse (possibly due to the post op hairloss and waxing combined), but I lay on the table one leg straight and the other crooked to the side, she does her business, switches legs, and for the back side It's not embarassing at all, I just have to hug my knees to my chest while still laying on my back and she waxes and the whole process takes about 15-20 minutes, it take a little bit longer the first time. I bought a groupon and did it that way to try it out and I ended up loving my waxer and am going to keep going with her. Funny enough I have an appt today! Also you may want to buy a roll on product called PFB (Amazon: $13) for after, you apply it daily after your shower and it keeps ingrowns from coming/being very bad. I use to get them in the worst way and now I don't.

I recently started the laser hair removal process to make a more normal shape. My "hair zone" got stretched out (note to self - don't ever get to twice your normal size again, k?)

What I know about this is finding a GOOD place is key. I had some chin stubble removed with laser years ago and it never really fully worked - it reduced it, but 6 treatments later and it was still an issue. I am going to a place affiliated with my surgical center and WOW the removal is excellent so far. I realize that laser is sorta semi-permanent, meaning I may need "touch ups" in the future but I am so thrilled with results so far. I decided that even if I have to go in 1-2X a year for touch ups, it is really worth it. I am having chin, underarms and pubic zone done and it is reasonable considering the tradeoffs with waxing.

(Oh, I have almost zero underarm hair but what little I do have is difficult to shave 100% complete due to the contour change that happened with plastics/arm lift. That is the only reason I am doing underarms because I was tired of the little fu manchu underarm mustauche...haha)