Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maintaining Her down there

I went for laser hair removal a few years back - partial brazilian, so most, but not all is gone. It's kind of awesome not to have to shave anymore. I just trim what's left once in a while. Hubby and I both love it.

I like having less hair personally, but I also totally admire those who embrace what nature gave them!

I like to keep her bald so I shave twice a week. Have been shaving for the last 15 plus years. Never had any issues but have cut myself a few times from rushing. I wanted to try to Brazilian Wax but they wanted me to let it grow out a couple of inches first then come back. It hurts when I get my eyebrows done so I couldn't even imagine doing that.

A couple of inches ???!!! :o

I wasn't feeling that at all! LOL!

My peeps tell me they need a half inch and that's a lot so the wax can grab on.

Not a couple inches. That would be extremely long and extremely painful

Ok. What makes this worse is having a lower body lift. The pubic zone is bigger. I want to do something but I get bulbs from shaving, scared of waxing pain and that leaves laser. I am emailing my plastic surgeon to see if my scars are mature enough to do that or if I need to wait another year...

Bumps from shaving. Hate auto correct.

Wax it all off, top to bottom, front to back!

I have an epilator (is that an actual word? an electric tweezer machine thingy!) that I'll use to clean up some in between but only in the "bikini" areas, not on my pinker parts!

Waxing your lady parts hurts (to me) and I've waxed my legs (only, no shaving) for 25 years.

Someone mentioned purple wax. My gal uses a blue wax. I think the key is that a "soft wax" is used on the lady parts that they pull directly off as opposed to a "hard wax" that requires the use of a fabric strip for the removal. The soft wax is made for more sensitive areas.

The evening of is usually pretty sensitive but it feels so nice and smooth!

Take a tylenol (or something stronger if you have any left over from surgery!) and give it a try at least once!

Shave everything every day. Easy to maintain.. It only takes me 2 seconds :)

Shaving team for sure! At least thats what works for me

Trimming for now. I prefer Brazilian wax though. Not worth getting it right now. After surgery and the weight starts coming off, I will be back on the wax train.

I shave regularly, if I don't the hair grows back like a Chia Pet..lol Also what helps with the bumps is coochy cream from Pure Romance. Also side note on that stuff it works as good hair conditioner as well.

Edited by KayleeC14

I just recently jumped on the brazilian band wagon, well kind of, I don't do bald, I hate the look, I leave a triangle and keep that trim. I love it! My waxer is amazing, being a plus size lady herself I instantly felt comfortable with her. She used the stripless wax, which was nice, and told me about a product you can buy on Amazon that keeps you from getting ingrowns called PFB, it's a roll on thing and can be used anywhere. So far so good.

I also get super red with face waxing, but not so with leg or brazilian.

Edited by MistyAnnMoon829

When the Brazilian starts to grow back on the backside is it prickly? I have always wanted that area cleaned up and now that I'm post surgery -5 days looking forward to my first not obese vacation every in April. TMI I am hairy ????????????????

When the Brazilian starts to grow back on the backside is it prickly? I have always wanted that area cleaned up and now that I'm post surgery -5 days looking forward to my first not obese vacation every in April. TMI I am hairy ????????????????

No not at all. I find it grows in much softer! Totally worth it for sure!