Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lower-end BMI Sleeve Surgery. Any others?

Hey just do it. Worth spending the money to stop that never ending cycle of yo yo dieting. Plus having a wardrobe full of UK size 10 12 14 and 16 and then never having anything in the right size to wear.

4 days post op doing everything I should and just back from 1 hours walk. I may be posting silly talk but BMI start of 32 is potentially a BMI start of 42 1 year away. If all my health issues plus not drinking alcohol go to plan and I have no unforeseen complications, I have now taken responsibility for my own life health mobility confidence and happiness .

Go low BMI. Girls x

I plan on doing the surgery. Thankfully, my husband supports me. I will NOT be telling anyone else. I have submitted my registration/paperwork via online site to my local Center of Excellence. Have researched this surgeon and he is very competent. I am waiting for them to call me and schedule my first pre-op appointment. I'm ready to move forward and get this done as soon as possible! In the meantime, I'll continue preparing and researching to educate myself on "what's to come" and my new future. I am so ready to clean out my fat clothes, feel better about myself and BE HEALTHY!

I've only had one "snarky" post about my choice on this forum. And I responded and many others jumped on board to support my decision no matter what my starting point.

Since at the end of it all, we all want healthy.

I feel you though. I have not posted or been reserved because of my stats. I love the low BMI threads. And you said it right on... If I had waited any longer all I would do is pack on more weight and worsening issues to have a higher starting point. Really.

We are just getting it under control now.

Like I've told many others, I'm 5 & 1/2 months out and if you want to talk further, message me.

Edited by Zane's Mom

That's all it took for me was to know that my husband supported me. I didn't tell anyone but my friend in Atlanta.

Edited by Monasongbird_38

Only my daughter and husband know. It's my business. The reason my surgeon went ahead was ( I paid for one) but also 7 weeks ago I just underwent my 2nd knee arthroscopy which has made me very sedentary also I have fibromyalgia and my brother and sister are morbidly obese with diabetes. What with my yo yo dieting that seemed to be my destiny!

Not any more I've taken control back.

Good luck everyone.

I was self pay and I had surgery ten weeks after my initial appointment. I met with the surgeon 4 times, had a psych exam and standard tests but all in all I think it really depends on how busy your surgeon is and how many visits they require.

Sleeved at 27 bmi, but it was a revision from a slipped lapband on the same operation, since then 8 weeks later I have gained 22 pounds, with little restriction I would easily eat 3 kids meals a day, got into a bad habit with my slipped band as beer was one of the few things I could tolerate, I guess it's time to diet again lol.

Superslim

I am super confused. Have you gained 22 pounds since the revision? Or did you gain 22 pounds during the slipped period.

And if you are hungry and still on fluids then it will get better when you start a normal diet.

I'm 5 & 1/2 months and I can really get hungry. Starving like the old me, but a few bites later full like the new me.

You really are going to have to cut out the bad habits. I don't go to any fast food any longer. I can stop and get a shake at a convenience store or a P3 lunchable at a grocery or many other things.

I try to have stuff with me or make sure I'm home during meal times.

I hope the sleeve will give you the permanent tool to get back to your goal and maintain !!!!

Hi zanes mom, yes I have gained since my revision 8 weeks ago, I was hungry straight away after surgery and no amount of liquid would fill me went to solids within the 1st week, think I might have stretched my stomach .

Are you eating 3 kids meals now at 8 weeks? And is that in one sitting.

I just know that restriction really kicked in with solid food and it had to be introduced so slowly.

I'm baffled by you. I'm glad your here and posting again. I have just never heard of anyone gaining weight in 8 weeks. Wow.

Are you sure you were sleeved???

Yes sleeved successfully, my body in starvation and dhydrated with my slipped band, as I wasn't able to eat or drink much without vomitting, so when sleeved I guess I needed fluids and food straight away and I was ready for solids in no time.