Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the men success stories!

No offense ladies. I love the success stories. I'm just looking for success stories from men as well. Just curious if there are any on this site with Lap-band. I'm about 1 month or so out from surgery. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are several on this site... I am sure they will all chime in. A few have been banded longer than I have, and I haven't see too many negative comments from other males concerning problems or not being happy with the band. I've lost around 85 pounds in under two years. I could have lost more, but I enjoy a few foods that I should probably avoid.

There is a jim," "jack" a "catfish" and "2muchfun" who are regulars.

And Alex, the site owner and administrator--he has had a lap band for ten years.

JIM, CATFISH, 2MUCHFUN, ALEX......Just a few off the top of my head!

All of those plus B-52, Tomander, JCF, Junkie, etc. -- there are lots of great guys out there. Check out this thread: http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/309093-banders-6/ and go to the end. There's a lot of chatter there and some of our favorite guys.

Hello Matt - Joe from NYC here. I had lap band surgery in August 2013. I was about 275 pounds. I'm about 195 now, feeling much better. Things are going very well with my band, no regrets at all. Best of luck to you.

Thanks for the response. I'm fired up and excited for this surgery.

I'm happy with my band! :)

Hey! My hubby had lapband in february. His starting weight was 354 and he has currently lost 89 lbs! Did you hear that? 89 lbs! He is doing great and i wish you all the best on your journey.

I was banded back in 2007. Posted here a lot to get support and give support. I had great success with my band for the first 5 yrs. Then, life interjected. I went through a nasty divorce and still going through custody issues with my ex. Stopped exercising like I was and gained a lot of weight back. After ankle surgery, I am just now getting back into he full swing of things.

Even though I slipped, I feel like I have the knowledge and tools to get back to where I was. There are plenty of men that have had great success with the band. Good luck with your journey. If you put in the time and work, you will accomplish all of your goals.

October 4th was my 5 year anniversary and 120lbs. less of me. Transformed from a Blockbuster, bag of chips couch potatoe to a 2 mile jogger, 20 mile bicyclist, gym junkie and loving every bit of it!! The Blockbuster movie rental place went out of business because of me and the couch misses me! I take my 4 year granddaughter to different playgrounds and participate on the equipment with her. She loves it. Couldn't be happier! Life is good!!! Jake

Thanks all. I meet with my surgeon on November 6th. I'm wondering after that how long will I have to wait until the surgery.

I was an unhealthy, diabetic, high cholesterol, BP, etc., had one heart attack which resulted in cardiac surgery, short of breath carrying groceries into the house, dizzy spells, etc. etc.

Dr. sat knee to knee with me and plainly said I did not have much time on this earth and there is nothing else he can do for me...everything was out of control.

I was seeing about 5 different Dr.'s on a regular basis for different things wrong with me....

My PCP said if I should loose 40 lbs things would start to turn around.

I said I have done every diet known to man and failed at every one....he said then WLS was my last resort, last chance,

I have lost all the excess weight I can loose, I am now living with a very low body fat %, reaching what my body considers to be it's optimum.

Go to the gym everyday. Run 3-5 miles a day. I am as active as I ever was!! Feel as though I am 30 years younger.

I play on a softball team with guys 10-20 years younger than me and I can run circles around them.....

I only see 2 Dr.'s now, not counting my Surgeon, and they are all simply amazed at the turn around....My Cardiologist refers me to Liam Neeson, the actor who is my age and does his own stunts....

He told my daughter (who also specializes in cardiology), that I am a non stoppable "Machine"

I would not trade this for anything in the world...it not only changed my life, it saved my life. Best decision I ever made...

BTW, I will be 63 years old in a few months, no more diabetes or the other ailments.

Hey Matt, Joe here from NYC, I too recently decided the best thing for me to do is to get banded as well. The ball has begun, I am 2 1/2 months from getting my surgery and I know this is the best thing for me.

All the Best!