Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does everyone experience hairloss?

I'm almost 6 months in & last month I noticed some thinning... I make it a point to take my Vitamins & get my Protein in but as I read on, some people just get it & some don't. Now it's getting thicker but I'm hoping it will fully recover. I have locs & don't want to start all over again. I'm 3 years into my locs so if it's really noticeable I'm going to have to start over.

I'm almost 6 months in & last month I noticed some thinning... I make it a point to take my Vitamins & get my Protein in but as I read on, some people just get it & some don't. Now it's getting thicker but I'm hoping it will fully recover. I have locs & don't want to start all over again. I'm 3 years into my locs so if it's really noticeable I'm going to have to start over.

Yea, I've got locs too. I am worried because if my hair thins I know they will start to break off and then I will have to cut them. I've had them for 15 years and it would be a drag to have to start all over again. I am hoping I am one who does not get the hairloss.

My hair is non chemically treated and I ran into a lady today that she was like her hair feel out. Her whole prespective was very negative and when she was done with her horrible stories I was mortified. I was wondering does anyone not have that experience???? My hair is fairly long and thick so I am a little worried.

Lord, after I wash my hair it looks like a rat stuck in my drain! LOL. Seriously, that and heartburn are my two complications from this surgery.

Truth, some people lose more than others. I have a lot of hair so no one notices. I only hope it slows down soon.

I am 4 months out and my hair is falling out like mad. It is noticeably thinner. However, I am not getting all my Protein in nor am I taking Biotin. I blame myself.

Don't blame yourself - I am getting in more Protein than they said every day and taking my Vitamins faithfully and my hair is still coming out at a fast pace (I am three months out). I think it just comes down to how your body handles stress, as the others have said.

Don't blame yourself - I am getting in more Protein than they said every day and taking my Vitamins faithfully and my hair is still coming out at a fast pace (I am three months out). I think it just comes down to how your body handles stress, as the others have said.

Thanks, HaddocksEyes. :0)

I got sick of all my hair falling out so I cut it off into a pixie! Lol. I am much happier. I don't know why, but I'm not finding near as much hair in the drain now.

I was told it could have been a side effect from jaw surgery when I had it done a few years ago, and I didn't notice any extra shedding than normal.

I haven't hit 3 months yet, so time will tell

I think when you do the big chop it helps. It's like when you shave your pits or legs. The hair stops growing so long at some point & until you shave it pops back the next day. Well at least with me.

Edited by naturreal

I had some increased fall out but not enough to notice, I'm a year out and I wash my hair only twice weekly, shed like a dog but it's not any noticeable loss on my head, never was. I really wouldn't sweat it, it's all only temporary and the other amazing things happening will distract you from a few missing follicles lol

I was gravely afraid that I too would lose my hair after surgery...seeing that I have very thin and fine hair, my surgeon stressed the importance of Protein intake 60-80 grams per day. I made sure that I hit that mark, if it doesn't have Protein, I simply do not consume it period. 9 months later, my hair is still in tact and I have not suffered any loss. best wishes to you

My stylist had me start using a regimen of Cerafill Defy kit. It has Shampoo, conditioner and a after shampoo treatment. I had knee surgery in September and my hair was thinning from that and I was worried about how much I would lose from the weight loss surgery. I IMMEDIATELY saw a difference in how much hair I was losing and 10 days post-op I see very little loss.

If Hair loss is so concerning to you that you feel you would die, than you should seriously reconsider getting the surgery.

Well being so called BALD should be the least of anyone's problems!! Now being fat and unhealthy and out of shape now that's worth having hair for!! NOT!! I'm sorry but everyone's got their own opinion and when it comes to making better choices for my life and health ,let me tell you if losing a lil hair is all then I'll do it again !! cause again it grows back and that's a small price to pay for health!!

I'm 4 months out and losing hair faster than pounds. I'm ok with my weight loss so far, down 64 lbs overall. But, I was worried about Hair loss and now I'm seeing it. I have about medium thick hair, so hopefully it won't be too noticeable. I did have a lapse in taking my Vitamins and don't always get all my Protein in. I can't stomach supplements so I have to rely on what I get from food. I'm so relieved to read that it tapers off and starts regrowing. I kinda like my hair ☺ my hair has always been one of my best features. Lol

Edited by CrashNCamsMom