Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Workout bruises.. Not clumsiness?!

I find random bruises on myself all the time. And they seem to take forever to go away. Sometimes they're in spots where my boyfriend held my arm while we were walking or something like that... I think some spots are just super sensitive like the inside of my upper arm. Other bruises just randomly appear on my legs or sometimes on my hip.

Not sure why... I know it can happen if you're on blood thinners or certain meds.

@@Ginger Snaps yea i can relate with the randomness, i did an hour on the elliptical last night and sure enough ive woken up to a new little collection of bruises, one above my ankle, on my wrist, arm, and behind a knee.. They dont hurt either they just want to be noticed lol.

Edited by F_it

Well the good news for me is, although my "bumps" continue, the soreness post workout is diminishing greatly. The more I work out the less I hurt. The YMCA I go to implemented a new computerized system, called ActiveTrax. It actually gives you your workout routine based on your goals, age, previous workout experience etc. I have noticed as I go further in it is increasing me a bit at a time. It has me working out all my muscle groups, but concentrates on specific ones more each workout. ( it varies from workout to workout) As you progress it very gradually increases the weights you use, and every so often it backs down to an "easier" workout. I am finding I love it. I quit rubbing my "bumps" after I exercise so I am not bruising as much. I am just careful and try not to get on or off a machine anything less than graceful. Let me tell you, some machines that is not so easy to do! LOL

That activetrax sounds awesome, way to go! Yea im gonna stop rubbing my bumps too, we gotta stop poking ourselves black n blue hehee

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches