Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Panni in 10 days!

So excited and scared as hell at the same time! My journey is almost complete . I am 6 lbs from goal and hope to lose that in skin! What are some words of advice you have for me as I prepare for surgery? Things to take to the hospital, things to have on hand at home, what to wear post op...your words of wisdom would mean so much to me!!!

I wish I were having a panni. If I could lose this flap, I'd be two sizes smaller! I'll see how it is when I reach goal.

You've gone from 345 to ~180 in ~ 18 months? Good for you!! [Check your stats in your profile; it says current weight is 245; goal weight 175. just an observation.]

Good luck, slim goody!! Let us know about the panni pain. Hope it won't be too bad. Rock on!!

Hello:

A few bits of advice for you.

1. Ask for a pain pump if they will provide.

2. Ask for an extra compression garment if they will provide. Otherwise, get a tight Spanx or something similar to that. You'll need at least two compression garments because you'll need to was one while the other is on.

3. Get lots of rest to help with healing.

4. Start taking extra Vitamin C now and continue after surgery because it helps heal.

5. Keep on a schedule for pain meds if you are in pain. Don't let it get too far ahead of you.

Best wishes to you.

Sue

Ok, I updated my info. I have lost 160 lbs.

Panni pain..I think most of my pain was related to the 24" incision and the hernia repairs. My belly feels weird numb, tight, painfully to push on, but it is getting better each day. I am PO day 12 and this is the first day I have not had any pain meds. Gonna see how I do without them tonight. I am up and walking around a lot and just trying to take it easy, but not too easy. sleeping can be challenging as it I hard to get comfy when you can't roll over on your side to change positions. This too shall pass and overall I m thrilled it's my results!!!

Arty mama.. I am 65 and scheduled for a panini on Dec 19th.. Thanks for the advice! Nervous but excited at this point. How long were you in hospital?

I was in the hospital for 3 nights. I had trouble getting my pain under control! I am not going to lie... This procedure is painful. Take you meds on time and remember everyday gets better. I also had 2 large hernias repaired which contributed to my pain. Recovery is slow, plan on 2-3 weeks of not doing much. I am 6 weeks out now and feeling good. I still have some discomfort by the end of the day, but nothing terrible. Good luck!

Thanks for the input! Sounds much like I am figuring on! ????. Good idea about the back up belly binder... Congrats to you on your WLS JOURNEY! I have NO regrets so far.. I was one year out on Nov 18th and it's not been bad at all

I had a lower body lift, not a panniculectomy exactly 3 weeks ago. I am doing well but recovery is no joke. I swell a lot throughout the day putting on as much as 4 lbs of Water. I still get tired in the middle of the day. I am thrilled with the results and bought new panties yesterday to treat myself. Size 5 bikini. They looked so tiny but they fit. I am off from work another 4 weeks and am glad I took that time off to recover. It is a hard surgery but the results are wonderful. You'll love how you look after your panniculectomy. :)

You guys are rock Stars! I am currently living vicariously through you. I am looking forward to getting to the point where I too have lost enough weight to finish my body transformation. Keep up the great work and keep us posted on your progress!

I had a lower body lift, not a panniculectomy exactly 3 weeks ago. I am doing well but recovery is no joke. I swell a lot throughout the day putting on as much as 4 lbs of Water. I still get tired in the middle of the day. I am thrilled with the results and bought new panties yesterday to treat myself. Size 5 bikini. They looked so tiny but they fit. I am off from work another 4 weeks and am glad I took that time off to recover. It is a hard surgery but the results are wonderful. You'll love how you look after your panniculectomy. :)

I am having a lower body lift and abdominoplasty in 3 weeks. I am taking 4 weeks off from work. Will that be enough?

Three weeks might be tough. I didn't get all my drains out until after week three. I am over 4 now and still not completely recovered. I need to call on Monday because an incision on my right hip split about 3/4th of an inch and may show signs of infection. I am going back in 2 more weeks and am glad I took all of it now. This is the hardest but most rewarding surgery I have ever had. I still wear my compression garments and the swelling looks so much better and the scale says I'm at 113 but when I saw my Dr on tuesday he said I still had a little more to go. I am over 40 but was in excellent shape before this surgery but still shocked at how wiped out I am at the end of the day. I still take pain meds at night because of my right hip too. If your job isn't rough it might be ok. I just know I couldn't have gone back at three but my job is very mentally challenging and my brain just wasn't working 100% at that point. Keep me updated and I wish you well! I am thrilled with the results and buying clothes I never in a million years could have before. I don't mean to scare you but I thought I was tough as I've had multiple surgeries including a breathing reduction in the past. All were a breeze except this one. But again, the reward outweighs the pain. Weird but true. :)

Panni was done Friday! In OR about 2.5 hours... Then reCoveRy 2 hours. Going home from hospital this afternoon ????

Pain is what you would think ( incision goes from hip to hip) 2 drains in. Best advice I would say 1. Take the pain med everytime it can be given. 2. Walk. As much as tolerated.... Swollen but binder feels good on my belly ( I no longer have a belly button ). LOL