Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

28 days and counting!

It has been a very long journey.I have had many set backs and im proud that I have endured through the days of doubt.

My name is Lashante . Im a single parent of a 6 year old little boy who is very active. Im 29 years old and I have been over weight 80% of my life. I am currently at the heaviest I've ever been including pre-pregnacy weight .

Current weight :289lbs (10/6/2014)

Ideal weight : 178lbs

Goal weight : below 200lbs

FINAL STAW:

The final staw that pushed me to choose gastric bypass was on july 26th of 2014 , my sons 6th birthday . My son only asked for one thing for his birthday and that was to go hang gliding !!! So after some consideration, I agreed only to find out that I was over the weight limit of 250lbs it broke my heart.

Hi lashante23 I had a similar experience when my teenage son wanted me to ride a basic old school roller coaster and I figured that I could get the lap bar only restaint to close. Negative!!!! I was so embarrased and so ashamed when I saw the look on my sons face. It was like all eyes on the platform where on me and the whole space got extremely quiet. I told him to go ahead and ride it and he wouldnt without me which made me feel even worst. So needless to say thats one of the first things we're going to do is ride that rollercoaster. Best of success to you. Congrats to you.

It has been a very long journey.I have had many set backs and im proud that I have endured through the days of doubt.

My name is Lashante . Im a single parent of a 6 year old little boy who is very active. Im 29 years old and I have been over weight 80% of my life. I am currently at the heaviest I've ever been including pre-pregnacy weight .

Current weight :289lbs (10/6/2014)
Ideal weight : 178lbs
Goal weight : below 200lbs

FINAL STAW:
The final staw that pushed me to choose gastric bypass was on july 26th of 2014 , my sons 6th birthday . My son only asked for one thing for his birthday and that was to go hang gliding !!! So after some consideration, I agreed only to find out that I was over the weight limit of 250lbs it broke my heart.

I just have to say reasonable stories I'm crying it's so touching & I don't have children & I want to say that you both are very STRONG women who will do great I'm praying for both of you

Hello Lashante23, I'm the same age as you but instead of 1 child I have 3. Their ages are 7,4, and 16 months. I weighed 250 before my surgery. My last straw: my knees started to hurt, walking, running, it didn't matter. Plus my mom who was heavy her whole life started losing massive weight and has lost a good 70lbs, but it took a massive heart attack to get her to this point. I don't want to have that happen to me before I do something about it.

Good luck on your journey. I'm 1 week post op today.

Congratulations @@AuriP!!!! My surgery is on November 3rd im very excited but more overwhelmed right now getting things in order before I have surgery. I also have a mother who has been heavy her whole life so im hoping that me having surgery will give my whole family a wake up call . Please keep in touch