Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gain 40 Pounds

Hey everyone I have gain 40 plds in the past 4 2 6 months I am so disappointed in myself been a lot of stress and I'm a emotion eater I really need help losing this weight and getting down to my original goal weight can anyone help me get back down what can I do what can I eat I'm over two years out of surgery and this is going back the other way does anyone has any advice and guidance for me I really really need it. Thanks in advance for all you guys answers yall may have yall can also ask questions too I'm I the only that been through this after being so far out from surgery I must change this today everything I'm trying is making me gain weight

Are you tracking what you eat? I find it incredibly helpful to track everything on MyFitnessPal. I had several weeks of struggling with bad food choices and decided to get super strict with everything. The first couple of days are hard but worth it! Here is the plan I set for myself:

• Get all food that is not on my plan out of the house
  • Get in a minimum of 100 grams of Protein and 72 ounces of Fluid every day
  • Maximum of 40 carbs and 1000 calories every day -- but I will bump this up to 60 carbs and 1200 calories if I get in at least 45 minutes of exercise
  • Just say no to: grains, refined sugar, dairy (except grass fed butter and whey protein powder), fruit (except avocado), starchy veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, peas), Beans & legumes. So basically I am eating meat, fish, eggs, tree nuts, green veggies, avocados, black coffee, and healthy fats such as olive oil and grass fed butter -- oh and some Condiments here and there like mustard!
  • Weigh or measure all food and track on myfitnesspal.com
  • Weigh myself every day

This is tough, especially at first. But I owe myself some love, and sometimes tough love is what is needed. After the first day or so I lost my cravings for things like crackers and Cookies, and I am losing weight quickly again, so it is working for me. Good luck to you!

You just got an excellent response. My other question is why aren't you trying exercise to help relieve tension and stress vs. food?

Good show on starting this thread and acknowledging your self-destructive behavior.

One thing is very clear: If you keep doing in the future what you are doing now, you will regain all your weight lost. Not trying to be mean -- just real.

You've got to change your behavior and address the feelings that you're trying to eat away.

I would urge you to find a therapist who can help you develop some effective ways to soothe yourself in ways that don't involve food.

Very best wishes to you.

I have just gained for the first time since having surgery and it was terrifying. I can imagine how you must feel. I think VSG Anne 2014 hit the nail on the head (at least for me). It's probably got something to do with being self destructive /self sabotaging. I am 100% sure you know exactly what you need to do to get back on track.

I have made a decision to take a two pronged approach 1) work on my head and why I still self sooth with food and 2) get in the practice of being a healthy eater. I would work at getting 1 day out of 7 on track, then two days out of 7 and so on and so forth. This is a life long journey and not a race so be kind to yourself and take one day at a time and I am sure within no time you will be heading in the right direction!

Are you tracking what you eat? I find it incredibly helpful to track everything on MyFitnessPal. I had several weeks of struggling with bad food choices and decided to get super strict with everything. The first couple of days are hard but worth it! Here is the plan I set for myself:

• Get all food that is not on my plan out of the house
  • Get in a minimum of 100 grams of Protein and 72 ounces of Fluid every day
  • Maximum of 40 carbs and 1000 calories every day -- but I will bump this up to 60 carbs and 1200 calories if I get in at least 45 minutes of exercise
  • Just say no to: grains, refined sugar, dairy (except grass fed butter and whey Protein powder), fruit (except avocado), starchy veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, beets, peas), Beans & legumes. So basically I am eating meat, fish, eggs, tree nuts, green veggies, avocados, black coffee, and healthy fats such as olive oil and grass fed butter -- oh and some Condiments here and there like mustard!
  • Weigh or measure all food and track on myfitnesspal.com
  • Weigh myself every day
This is tough, especially at first. But I owe myself some love, and sometimes tough love is what is needed. After the first day or so I lost my cravings for things like crackers and Cookies, and I am losing weight quickly again, so it is working for me. Good luck to you!

Thank you so much for the advice I really appreciate it I really need it so bad I can't take this anymore and yes it is very very hard to get back on track and get the losing weight again I get surgery Friday and know that is also gonna slow my weight loss tomorrow is the day I will get back on track thank u so much n I had fitness pal for year n don't utilize it no more I have to get these craving away for chips and soda thanks again I will keep you posted

I have just gained for the first time since having surgery and it was terrifying. I can imagine how you must feel. I think VSG Anne 2014 hit the nail on the head (at least for me). It's probably got something to do with being self destructive /self sabotaging. I am 100% sure you know exactly what you need to do to get back on track.

I have made a decision to take a two pronged approach 1) work on my head and why I still self sooth with food and 2) get in the practice of being a healthy eater. I would work at getting 1 day out of 7 on track, then two days out of 7 and so on and so forth. This is a life long journey and not a race so be kind to yourself and take one day at a time and I am sure within no time you will be heading in the right direction!

Thanks so much I will also try I feel like I fail myself like I'm getting unhealthy again I just wanna get these 40 plds back off I think depo played a big part I have no energy or nothing thanks again I got to start somewhere

Go back to basics... I find myself doing that over and over and over... I have been maintaining so far, but I try to stay within a bounce range. Sometimes i bounce up a bit more than i want...and then back to basics.

I have learned this from "naturally slim" women. they do this constantly... I have a history of "all or nothing thinking" rather than doing small adjustments as we go. I remember regaining 5# and thinking it felt like 100...

A sad realization is that I basically need to do the same things to maintain as I did to lose weight...

@WifeyMaterial. Soda and chips? Seriously girl? And you stated you have no energy. Well, soda and chips! Boiled eggs, shrimp (if you are able to) get a rotisserie chicken and keep it in the fridge, cheese sticks, almonds, greek yogurts with sugar free fruit preserves, fat free milk for Protein Shakes, homemade tuna and chicken salad. Ok, so you see where I'm going with this. Keep these things on hand at all times. Soda and chips.....never! All the best.

You've gotten great advice here, so I'm not going add any - just know that we are rooting for you. We all know it's hard to keep your head in the game after a bit. For many of us, it takes a LOT of effort to lose weight and maintain it, even after WLS. It takes focus, drive and energy, but we are worth it. When you've come so far and done so well, going the other direction is extra hard. So, pick yourself up and do what you know you need to do. Take a one week, day, or minute at a time and focus on your goal. You've done it before, and you can do it again. Recognizing it is half the battle, so good on you!