Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. sleevers.. I saw a topic about this but lost it? Anyone out there yet for dec. surgery?

I am so glad the cheating isn't just me, even though I know we all probably feel pretty bad when we do that. My husband was telling me to stop being so hard on myself too.

I kind of think that the doctors have to know bariactric patients probably do cheat a little bit - because this is HARD. And I get that it's short term and there are valid medical reasons for doing so, and cheating of any kind is super bad... but still.

My hubby is also doing the diet with me, so I've been researching lots of paleo recipes (low or no carb, meat/veggie) since they seem to be the closest to what I'm actually allowed to eat, and we've been having experiments with lunch and dinner for the time I've been doing the diet. Found a super crockpot jerk chicken recipe that is heavenly, and I can do zuchinni in the oven with a broiler (little salt/pepper/olive oil) and it tastes just like the fried squash I adore (and thought I'd have to stop making since it's super greasy and fried).

Husband has lost 6 pounds in 5 days (probably more, he forgot to weigh himself today but he's also eating a bit more ounces than I am allowed). I've lost (even with the slipup) over 10 pounds at this point. And my stomach is not growling.

And I realized too that the hunger I'm feeling when I'm craving the carbs/sugar is all head hunger - not actual "I need to eat because I'm starving" type hunger. I love food and love to cook - all kinds and tastes and flavors - and I am going to really have to pay attention to the real hunger cues once I'm through the surgery.

Starting to make my list for the junk I'll be needing in the next couple of weeks for both the hospital stay and while at home. I have most everything ready, but forgot a few things and will have to run out to pick up tomorrow, and need to pack a small bag for the hospital. I read through the "what to take to the hospital" thread earlier, and I'm thinking I won't need even half of what was suggested - just my phone/charger, chapstick, toothbrush, comfy clothes and shoes and those gas strips. I've had the laproscopic surgery before (gallbladder) so I know what to expect at least.

Bought one of those big lounge pillows to prop me up while I sleep once I'm home since we don't have a recliner - as I remember not being able to sleep flat for close to a week!

Hope everyone that has had their surgery already is recovering well and everyone that is waiting to go in is really excited and ready to go!!

Edited by FrankiesGirl

Hi. I was sleeved on Dec 15th. Just saw this group. Figure I would check in.

Hi everybody. Just found this forum, very excited to find it and meet all of you who are going through something similar. I have cheated, too...it's been especially tough around Christmas. I cleared all temptation out of the house yesterday (sent it with my collage-aged nephew) and have been feeling better today.

I am getting a sleeve on the 31st. It was the last appointment available this year, and I am glad she fit me in. It helps with my insurance deductibles, but also I really love the idea of starting 2015 with an absolutely new, health-conscious perspective. I aim to make it my best year ever!

Dec 9 sleever ????. How is everyone doing?

Sleeved 12/16. Feeling great! Ready to start pureed foods, but still have another week of liquids to go :( I love how I'm not always hungry anymore and how I'm able to resist temptation now.

Hi there!

How are you?

I am doing really good! The best decision I ever made! Weds. I move to step 4 so I am really excited about that. I love how I am feeling and I love learning new things about myself

Dec 9 sleever . How is everyone doing?

Sleeved 12/23 and doing great! sleeping well and feeling good. No problems sipping though I do think I've burped more in the last week than the previous 62 years of my life LOL. The worst is having to crush my meds YUCK! Came home off my diabetes medications though and haven't had to restart them. Test 3 times each day and haven't hit 100 yet

Tomorrow I start puréed. Don't know that I've ever looked forward to having an egg so much! ????

Lol I'm in purée stage too.... Move to soft foods on

Thursday...... I can have a half piece of toast!!!!!

Oh, I LOVE toast!!! Something else to look forward to LOL

@@naan you can pretty much purée anything. it's weird getting used to it lol but it's such a treat compared to nothing but Protein and broth!! like thanksgiving every day lol

I've done homemade chicken Soup, hm refried bean Soup, egg salad, chicken salad. I'm allowed to have very soft fish just mushed with a fork so last night I ate baked cod.

get creative with it. I still do my Protein shake for Breakfast and have yogurt and fat free cheddar sticks for Snacks.. but always look forward to something yummy!

oh and scrambled eggs are allowed on mine. that first egg was such a treat!

If you have your mind set right, the recovery is a piece of cake. This Friday will make 1 month for me and I feel amazing!

I actually just joined the site today so I'm working my way through it. I've done tons of other research. I'm not looking forward to the recovery but I guess it's all part of it :)