Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec. sleevers.. I saw a topic about this but lost it? Anyone out there yet for dec. surgery?

My surgery is considered 'out patient', but will require an overnight stay in the hospital. my surgeon will check up on me during rounds, and give discharge orders then.

I just had all my testing and picked up my Protein stuff and discussed the pre-op diet and I was happy and surprised that it actually wasn't an all liquid. That's kind of awesome! Starting 7 days out, I have to do two shakes for two of my meals and then a meal consisting of 5 ounces of meat and something about a veggie... and diet soda is still okay (which sounds great to me). I know it's still going to be hard since I love grazing all day.

I'm self pay too, and I saved up everything in a savings account, but I'll be paying with a credit card to get the points. I figure I have to get some money back on this, right? :D

I am alternating between being kind of excited and ready right this minute, to being freaked out and thinking I'm crazy to do this...

I've been watching several YouTube channels devoted to VGS bloggers, and I'm getting a little concerned about the fact that many relationships that seemed strong broke up after the blogger got their surgery. LessofSarah really bummed me out as she reminded me of myself. My marriage has taken some very serious hits (serious inlaw issues and then infertility) that we did come through, but what if all the little cracks that developed through the other stuff break open after the surgery? So something else to cause anxiety... hooray! At least both of us are discussing this now and are both very open to the idea of counseling. Sigh.

I have a question...my Dr does the procedure as outpatient, meaning I will go home the evening of the surgery. Is anyone else doing it this way? Everywhere I have read they talk about staying overnight. This kind of worries me.

I will be going home the same day as well unless there are complications. It worries me too!!

I think I'm getting more and more freaked out the closer it gets to Dec 1st. I know this is the right decision and I'm very excited. I think a lot of my anxiety is from the unknown and the possibility of the surgery not actually happening. I'm so worried that some random detail will mean the cancelation of my surgery.

Officially got my day. First thing in the morning christmas eve. Had been hoping for a little sooner but 2 weeks more wait isn't too bad.

Officially got my day. First thing in the morning christmas eve. Had been hoping for a little sooner but 2 weeks more wait isn't too bad.

Best Christmas present Evvvvvvver!!

Hoping to have mines done beginning of month. So excited. Yay!

I'm from Long Island N.Y.

Me too! Where are you having your surgery?

I received my date yesterday 12/10/14!!!! I am so excited! I start my pre-op diet on 11/26/14. :D

I received my date yesterday 12/10/14!!!! I am so excited! I start my pre-op diet on 11/26/14. :D

Looks like we have the same date. (And it's getting closer)

Me too! Where are you having your surgery?

@@cryssyd3 I'm from oakdale, getting my surgery done at Brookhaven, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I didn't see your reply!! Where are you from and which hospital are you getting your surgery done?

@@cryssyd3 I'm from oakdale, getting my surgery done at Brookhaven, sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I didn't see your reply!! Where are you from and which hospital are you getting your surgery done?

We're kinda close! I'm in port jeff but I'm having my surgery at peconic bay in riverhead.

We're kinda close! I'm in port jeff but I'm having my surgery at peconic bay in riverhead.

I was going to get my surgery there as well, my gf works there and she said you get private rooms.. We are very close!! Any reason you're going all the way out to riverhead?? I heard Mather and St.charles had good reps :)

I was going to get my surgery there as well, my gf works there and she said you get private rooms.. We are very close!! Any reason you're going all the way out to riverhead?? I heard Mather and St.charles had good reps :)

I had no clue about the private rooms! Good to know! I was going to go to the doctors at Mather but I had a consult with my surgeon first (dr Mehta) and fell in love with her. She's seriously the nicest woman ever and all her patients in the support group spoke so highly of her. Plus her office staff was a lot more welcoming. The nutritionist, for instance, if you email her a stupid question at 8 pm on a Saturday she still gets back to you right away. It's great.