Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lisa I am so sorry for what you are going through. I am not sure if you are in grief counseling but my feeling is that working through emotional pain while you await the revision would help. I am sure you know this but coffee is terrible for you when you are having esophagus issues. You are using/abusing it instead of eating properly. Last spring I went through an emotional downturn and couldn't eat comfortably. I was scared I had a sleeve "issue" but what happened was that I stopped eating, lost my appetite, felt horrible from poor eating, felt too ill to eat..and of course felt even worse from too little food/too low carbs. . Well, as soon as I started addressing the emotional issue and then eating food like a prescription I felt alot better. Over time both my mental and physical health improved and I felt good again. My appetite came back!

I know this doesn't fix the GERD etc. But maybe you can start feeling better in the meantime by cutting the coffee and eating clean healthy food.< /p>

I have suffered painful losses too and haven't been the best at taking care of myself. I bet our departed loved ones would want us to though.

I wonder if you would get more responses on the revision in the bypass forums?

Yes I've started the process. I have a edg to have on Nov 6th. Once they confirm the GERD it's off to have the revision that's the only thing needed to do atm the Doc said. I had called the insurance company they said all they need is a doctors necessity and then we're good to go. Sorry it took me do long Baller mom :)

Yes I have the cuff two and is gaining weight as quick as i lost I'm reconsidering another surgery and been diagnose with gerd before my surgery I just wanna stop gaining and be happy again hope every one goes well with here surgeru

I'm getting ready to do the same thing for the same reason :) sleeved 9/26/12 never lost more then 30/40 lbs . Lisa hope whays Divas face book if you don't mind?

Wow I was sleeve 7/16/2012 and is gaining weight so crazy

Hi

I'm in the same situation. Weight gain

Gerd. So I understand the why to some of my own questions, after I had Test done. Now I am looking into revision to. Not sure.

Good luck Lisa

Yes I was calling around to for the revisions surgery uggh dont think my insurance will pay for it. Just ashamed of myself went through all that pain and gaining.. I really have been embarrassed

Well it depend on the situation. If the doctor write medical necessary. So ask the people who've had it.

Well it depend on the situation. If the doctor write medical necessary. So ask the people who've had it.

I've decided not to have revision. I've read of so many complications and I'm taking my chances with theBile reflux, Gerd, esophageal spasms I have now. Even though they bypass and you don't feel burn anymore, it does nothing for spasms and also the ulcers which GB is famous for. I've read of people on feeding tubes and more surgery to remove the ulcers. One young woman is really having a hard time. They have no more stomach to work with. No, not all have problems with GB but a lot do. So I guess it is what it is for me. There is a new procedure called stretta Procedure and it helps the LES stay closed. Researching this for sleeve patients. Thanks to all for your input.

Edited by Lisa's Hope

I was recent dx hernia. It does explain my symptoms.

From what I read most people got EGD pre op and got their hernia fixed with their sleeve if it was found. I didn't. So, fast forward to today I'm not sure what the course for me will be. Started back on a PPI. Looking into options.