Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am experiencing my first slime episode.....omg trying to sleep wtf......only ate 2'bites and they both came up over an hour ago...what can I do to sleep???

Slime is just saliva/phlegm your esophagus produces to aid stuck food to pass through. If you're sliming, you still have food stuck either in your stoma or esophagus. The slime won't go away till you can drink some Water but drinking Water when you're still stuck can be very painful.

My sliming/stuck episodes only last about 45 minutes. If yours continues and you can't drink, you may have caused some esophageal dilation which has caused some swelling which makes it difficult to swallow anything?

tmf

the slime comes from the esophagus. you still have something there. do as 2much says. drink some Water. either it will help it pass through or come up so be ready.

Thanks guys, I woke up again at 330 with the intense pain, I drank some Water and it seemed to go away after a while, wow that sucked!! I hope my band is o.k. I am now scared to eat.....I know I ate too fast and too big of bites, it was my fault.....learning curve

O have a question.....is it normal to have some residual pain after a slime and pb episode? This is the first time I have "felt" my band at all

Yes it is if you've put too much pressure on your pouch, stoma or esophagus. Some minor swelling can be a little uncomfortable. Most of us just go on a 24-48 hour partial liquid diet. Maybe a few shakes to replace a meal or two? Or, healthy slider foods for a day or two? Something like a lentil Soup or some other Soup or food that requires little chewing so that your bruised area has a chance to heal.

Just stay away from chunks of chicken, beef or pork till you feel better?

tmf

Thank you tmf!! I am having a shake now, I could not even get a Greek yogurt down ...I am happy to know this is normal tho

This seems to work for me... I massage the area below my breast bone, pressing hard and massaging slowing. I've found that it seems to help (at times) when I suspect something is slightly stuck. This has helped me, but it could physiological instead of actually doing anything productive.

Wow. Being irritated with the band and me. popcorn last night. Mistake apparently. Usually fine.

All day since I woke up...slimes...not even Protein Shakes staying down for 3/4 day. Finally Water cleared but c'mon. 6 pm. coffee? No go...liquid Protein Drink? No. Nothing finally at 6:30 pm a few nibbles of a Protein bar(quest..thanks for the tip you guys) does anyone else have awful days like this? I haven't had this bad of an incident in years. Really asking if others do?

Omg Julie! That sounds awful!! I hope you are better now, I am brand new banded so mine was a first for me, do antacids do anything for us ? Just wondering ??

Thanks for replying

Today is better. I tried tums and one other. Hard yesterday to keep anything down. coffee is ok this am

I need to remember to be gentle and eat light when I feel pressure. You would think I might know a bit after almost 8 years but I'm still learning

Glad to have my band. Even if not cooperative once in a good while

Good luck to you!

Wow. Being irritated with the band and me. popcorn last night. Mistake apparently. Usually fine.

All day since I woke up...slimes...not even Protein shakes staying down for 3/4 day. Finally Water cleared but c'mon. 6 pm. coffee? No go...liquid Protein Drink? No. Nothing finally at 6:30 pm a few nibbles of a Protein bar(Quest..thanks for the tip you guys) does anyone else have awful days like this? I haven't had this bad of an incident in years. Really asking if others do?

Yesssssssssssss!!!! I have been doing well. 1.4 months in and last fill I could tell I was a tad more restricted. Minday will be 3 weeks since my last fill and the last 4 days have been HELL...just all of a sudden. Can't eat anything hardly. If there is much substance - I PB until it all returns up. (Trying to eat grits at the moment - ain't happening) ERRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Wondering if I need to go on a liquid diet for 36 hours ...maybe I am just swollen. I can SO relate to your post!!! A friend who has lost 20# more than I have and is only a month ahead of me - says "YEP - That's lapband for you "She doesnt eat everyday until 3 or 4. I would like to know WHAT is NORMAL????

I TRIED popcorn 4 months out - I have NEVER hurt so bad for the next 3 days. Needless to say my popcorn days are OVER!

Edited by BeachBish

For me popcorn is a slider. I was treating myself weekly and it was slowing my weight loss. So I had to give it up. I will admit I was eating a lot at one sitting.

EndZone,

Next time that happens and IT WILL! We get in a hurry to eat and feed the need and before we are aware of it, you have swallowed that little chunk too fast and once it's gone - it's GONE. I have found that drinking something warm helps to open the band a tad and helps whatever to slide on through, IF it isn't too large.
I can NOT do pop corn not warmed over chicken. After an episode you will need to do liquids 2-3 days in order for all the irritation to properly heal.
If you have a BAD EPISODE your Dr. can call you in some medication that is a soothing liquid- kinda like a coating to help you heal. I would be afraid to go to bed with soemthing stuck as I have heard of people swalling the BP back into their lungs. "Very Dangerous"
Good luck and take it slow.