Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to lose 9lbs before my surgery HELP!

Also I have not been hungry except sometimes when I first wake up. I drink lots of Water. Don't get me wrong... to bite it into a piece of pizza sounds good but I've learned that's only head hunger not real hungry. Lol.

Since you are on a budget consider carnation instant Breakfast (no sugar added). Its on my surgeons approved list. I haven't compared prices but it should at least be readily available and relatively inexpensive.

I was in 40 grams or less of carbs per day. I lost about 12 pounds. I could eat whatever I wanted as long as I was under my carb count. I honestly saved my carbs for things like 10 mini tortilla chips to crunch up on my taco salad (about 10 carbs). I drank diet soda and sugar free coffee and lots of water! I ate a lot of seasoned chicken on salad and taco salad. Even when family was eating fast food, taco time kept me sane lol. The chicken hard taco only has a few carbs, so I could eat two of those and a few bites of chili and be satisfied. I know someone posted above about greek yogurt...try the plain fage and add things like Torani sugar free syrups or no sugar added jelly.

I lost 7 pounds in 2 1/2 weeks with a bariatric diet. I am practicing to eat just as if I had Bypass already but with bigger portions.

3 meals a day without meal skipping. Breakfast within 2 hours after you wake up:, lean Protein (chicken, pork, beef, fish, eggs, seafood, cheese, etc) veggies and the tiniest amount of carbs. I allow myself a table spoon of rice, potatoes, bread, etc. No sugar either

No liquids 15 minutes before meals, no liquids 30 minutes after meals

Each meal has to be chewed without drinking for 20 to 25 minutes. This is super slow. I put a show on or I go stir crazy

Drink 64 oz of Water the rest of the day, and yes, that's a lot of water.

I also allow a snack mid afternoon, again low carb and no sugar. Yogurt is my fave and a piece of fruit. I also like a Quest bar and a piece of fruit. I was actually losing weight so fast I had to add more food and I did end up making the portions bigger. I noticed if I had anything carb or sugar I did feel more hungry. Stay away from them, they are evil.

Best part, I am never hungry.

Thank you Beni your awesome as all the other pals on here I really appreciate & I'm so thankful for the advice I would be lost with out all of your help I am determined to do this & be a better person thank you from my heart & if you know of any more suggestions please don't hesitate to let me know I CAN do this thank you all????☺????????????????

I've weened myself off of diet soda and feel a lot better. I really think it has made a difference with the Water retention and it also saves money (water and tea are so much more inexpensive!).

Tea is good! I use stevia so it's calorie free! Woohoo! After my sleeve getting in liquids is easier when drinking hot tea. I stocked up on lady grey, chamomile, mandarin zinger, and a celestial variety pack. I bought an apple cinnamon one but it is so sweet even without sweetener.

I'm trying to wean off sugar now & I just want to know will my body go through withdrawals? Like will I get headaches & have mood swings & etc.... if so how long does it last I don't drink soda but I do drink sweet tea it is the house wine of the south lol this is my first day on Water & crystal light packets that I put in my water I got the store brand that is all natural no artificial sweeteners or coloring or flavors. Its made with Stevie & cane sugar it says it has 15cal, 0fat, 20mgsodium, 4gcarbs, 3gsugar & serving size is 1/2packet in a bottle of water is that good?

I am an unsweetened tea drinker so I just had to wean myself off of caffeine. Green tea has less caffeine than black tea. You can gradually reduce the amount of caffeine you drink by substituting some of your drinks with lower caffeine and decaffinated choices. If you do it gradually you will survive.