Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to lose 9lbs before my surgery HELP!

Hello everyone I need to lose 9lbs before my surgery I haven't got a set date yet so I have a month or maybe 3 weeks how can I lose 7lbs fast so I can have my surgery? I have an ACL tear in my knee so it's very hard to walk. I weigh 340 & I need to be 332lbs can any one help guide me I am on disability & food assistance so I don't have money to spend on expensive products & I don't want to starve myself either can you please help me I need advice. Thank You ????

One of my favorite tools was using my fittness pal as suggested by my nutritionist and going on a well balanced 1200 cal program, eliminate all sugars, bread and between meal snacking. Start practicing chewing, eating slowly, get in at least 64 oz of fluids and increase your protien to at least 60gms a day. Good luck on your journey.

Taking 20 min or more to eat a meal and chewing thoroughly has helped me eat less. I'm actually full before I finish my food. I'm still in the pre surgery stages. I'm taking time to practice my post surgery behaviors now so after surgery eating habits will be routine

Thank you both so much for the much needed advice I'm so thankful to have such wonderful peers & I am so glad I'm not the only one going through this I'm in my pre surgery stage as well & I don't want to be denied my surgery due to 1lb. Of weight which will deny me my surgery. Is it ok to eat Greek yogurt? I know it has 15g.Of Protein & what about the cliff Protein Bars? Would a Protein Shake such as special k or slimfast work to substitute one of my meals?

U must watch the sugar and carbs in everything I was told no sugar Greek yogurt has sugar I believe fat free sugar free no fruit added yogurt is what I was told I was put on south beach it's Protein and only vegetables for carbs absolutely no sugar not even fruit meat fish eggs 1 oz of fat free cheese and lots of vegs sugar free Jello Popsicles only all natural pnut butter no crackers Pasta bread rice etc unsalted nuts are allowed in small portions they didn't give u any recommendations? Talk to the nutritionist in your drs office

I have my nutritionist appt on the 20th. So no I haven't spoke to anyone yet I just got my cardiologist clearance yesterday & I have my EGD scheduled for the 9th. Of this month I'm going to get my pulmonary clearance on the 16th. So I'm just now getting all my clearances

Call your nutritionist and ask what Protein drinks you are allowed before surgery.

Each surgeon's office and nutritionist office has different opinions of what to use around the country.

When it comes to Protein bars the only ones my nutritionist allows is Pure Protein Bars or Quest Bars.

Ask your nutritionist about Premier Protein Drinks that you can get at costco, Walmart or Sam's Club if those meet their requirements.

Do not not eat that's the worse thing you can do.

Start acting like you already had the surgery and drink your Water, get in all your protein, eat slowly, eliminate all sugars except natural ones you get in fruit. Cut down on carbs. If you must have something sweet have sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding or sugar free popsicles.

These are just a few suggestions.

Most important is to get a food plan from the nutritionist.

Good luck in your journey to a healthier you.

I lost 14 pounds in 2 weeks on the pre-op liquid diet as well. I had 3-4 Protein Shakes a day. (I like the body fortress whey protein) I could also have sugar free Jello, sugar free Popsicles, drinks that are sugar free..I stuck to Powerade zero and Water. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. Just think of how bad you want this and make it happen! Good luck!

Thank you all so much I love all the advice I'm getting this helps cause I feel as if we are everyone's cheerleaders & I need that push to say you can do this Tina you got this & I really thank you all for being there also the fortress whey Protein is that the name of the Protein Drinks? If so where do you buy them & how much are they? If it's a different Protein Drink whatbarebthwy called & does anyone know what Protein Shakes that are inexpensive & do they have a store brand like the Wal-Mart Brand etc....I'm on a very tight budget I'm on disability & food assistance so it's hard to find something that I can afford thank you & what should I look for in a Protein Shake or drink? Such as 0fat & 0sugars & tons of protein? I haven't seen the nutritionist yet I see her on the 20th

I like The body fortress whey Protein also. You can get it at Walmart. I am on pretty much the same thing. Sugarfree Popsicles sugarfree Jell-O and chicken broth. I can only have Water to drink with Crystal light. I like to make my smoothies with Crystal light in them. There is a powdered Peanut Butter that I use because I like chocolate and peanut butter. Also if you want just a premade protein drink Premier Protein is awesome. It has 30 g of protein and 5 g of carbs. You can get those at costco and I also get them at super one. I don't know if you have a super one. I make almost all my own smoothies and with ice because I like that shake texture. The muscle milk sugar-free vanilla is also awesome in a premade protein drink.i carry a small cooler everywhere I go.