Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After surgery daily schedule for meds, vitamins, protein and liquids

There are so many things to keep track of each day and the schedule for Vitamins, so they dont interact, along with making sure you are getting your Protein and liquids.

Any apps or ideas you can recommend to keep on track.

I am thinking charts and graphs here, what worked for those that are post surgery?

I am a bit of a flake and need all the help I can get.

Thanks

Smiley

I was going to ask the same question. The timing of taking supplements, etc. It's crazy!

I take my Multivitamins in the morning, squirt b-12 under the tongue and take a high dose Vitamin D pill every 2-3 days.

I chew some caramel Calcium citrate caramel things during the day and take Biotin at night.

Really the main things not to take together are the Iron and Calcium.

It's really not a big deal.

I also use My Fitness Pal to track food and mostly just watch the Protein (I hardly eat any carbs). If late in the day I'm low on Protein, I just drink a shake before bed. I should probably track Water but don't, but there's a place in My Fitness Pal for that, too.

Edited by Ginger Snaps

I drink Water all day and carry a bottle wherever I go, so that takes care of the fluids. I use MFP to track what I'm eating and my Protein intake. And at this point, the Vitamins are like second nature: multis and D3 in the AM, Calcium at lunch and calcium and B12 before bed.

What I'm going to start doing is going out to buy a medication container with morn, afternoon and evening. Plus I'm going to place reminders on my phone as alarms at least until I get into a habit.

I too have a med pill container for morning, noon, mid-day, and evening. I have to take lots of pills as I am sure a lot of the gastric bypass ptients do as well. On Sundays I fill it for the week. I work from homwe so leave it at my desk and take them throughout the day. I have room for improvement inactually taking them that is for sure but I am getting there. I need to do a food app too so I can show my Dr. what I am eating.

Good luck to ya!

So many great ideas. I've been stressing over this for the last week now. My surgery is a week from this coming Tuesday (Nov.11) I can see where you could get a little OCD over making sure you get all the Protein, liquids, Vitamins, regular meds, etc. I hope things all fall into place after a couple weeks.

Right now I'm doing my 2 week prep diet (liquids with one light evening meal 800 Cal. max). So far so good.

I take my Multivitamins in the morning, squirt b-12 under the tongue and take a high dose Vitamin D pill every 2-3 days.

I chew some caramel calcium citrate caramel things during the day and take Biotin at night.

Really the main things not to take together are the Iron and Calcium.

It's really not a big deal.

I also use My Fitness Pal to track food and mostly just watch the Protein (I hardly eat any carbs). If late in the day I'm low on Protein, I just drink a shake before bed. I should probably track Water but don't, but there's a place in My Fitness Pal for that, too.

yes it's very important not to take Iron with calcium the iron blocks the calcium form absorbing take them 2 hours apart

I take my multi, B12 and Vitamin d when I'm walking out the door. I then set a reminder on my phone (voice reminder S voice with Samsung Galaxy 5) to take Calcium 2.5 hours later. I'll then set another reminder for 2nd dose and 3rd dose. I take my 2nd multi Vitamin with dinner then Iron before bed. This has been my vitamin routine. Usually I get them in. The S voice reminders really help!

Can we take both multis in the am or do we need to take separate. I have been doing them together from the beginning but started wondering.

I was told MULTI am and pm for absorption. I'm almost 2 weeks out and I bought the huge pill box but really most my options are liquid and chewable so it has not helped much. I take my MULTI after I eat, then take my liquid B12. The VIT d quick melt tastes bad makes me feel sick so I have skipped it a few days. I don't start Calcium til after day 14 but for now I have a liquid for morning and night and chews to keep at work for mid day dose. I have been taking my b1 with my anxiety pill at night with Water but soon supposed to start Iron and c at bedtime too. So I may need to take b1 at lunch now. Taking to many at once is hard.

I know if I had real food in me I could tolerate things better but for now I'm in a little routine and I stopped stressing those first few days just made sure I got multis and b12 because they were the easiest. But now things feel more comfortable everyday and the evening routine has set in pretty easily too.

I know not everyone takes all the ones I do but it can be done just don't stress the first few days your home you will work it out! I also take selenium M W F I use liquid I put it in my b12 liquid.????

Edited by happymama2014

I was told the same thing regarding the multi. We cannot absorb everything at once, kind of the same reason we have to space out the Calcium. I do take the multi, B12 and Vitamin d all together and I was told that was fine.

I take my regular morning pills when I get up in the morning.

I then take my multi Vitamin and my Biotin with my first Protein shake(21 gms from Unhurry powder mixed with 4 oz. of light almond milk)

I then sip a cup of Decaf coffee or tea and keep sipping other Clear liquids until I'm ready for my second Protein shake around noontime. Again 21gms from Unhurry mixed with whatever, and I take one Calcium.< /p>

More liquids during the afternoon and then my dinner Protein. I've been using the unflavored protein and mixing it with either broth, Tomato Soup for a change of taste. I take my other calcium and my probiotic.

Liquids until bedtime, maybe a little sugar free Jello and several sips of an Oh Yeah pre bottled Protein Shake.< /p>

Nighttime pills as usual before bed.

I get a minimum of 63gms of protein from the Unhurry powder, and maybe another 10gms from sipping a little OhYeah. I have a glass that I know holds 16oz. of Fluid, and a keep track of how many times I fill it with something during the day. I know I need at least 4 of those glasses to get in all my Fluid.< /p>

So far this works. Next week when I start on soft foods I'm sure it'll change some.

Any ideas on how to meal plan at that point would be helpful. Please share.