Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much was you self-pay ?

Rocky, do you know how many incisions Dr. Corvala makes for the VSG?

Rocky...Are you taking your own meds?

Hi there,

I haven't had my surgery yet, and I am in the research stage. Bariatric pal removed a very nice and helpful thread of posts regarding options in Mexico. I am thinking about having it with long term vsg for $2,999. I am trying to find people that have already had surgery with them.

N.T

I'm going with Dr. Titus Duncan of True Results Atlanta. $12,950 for the surgery and a year's worth of follow-up care. I researched Mexico but didn't feel comfortable with the level of risk if anything were to go wrong.

I was self pay and it cost $18,999...I remember because I thought it was stupid to not just bill me the extra dollar and call it an even 19K. I used Dr. Craig Morgenthal at Jacksonville Baptist Center for Bariatrics. My doctor was a complete and total tool who had absolutely zero bedside manner. He makes you feel like a fat loser who is wasting his time and his front office staff isn't much better (the billing people are friendly). I almost cried the first time I was there because the massive level of rudeness was just astonishing. I paid extra for an insurance policy that would have covered me if I needed to stay an extra day, which given I was sick beyond description and I could barely stand, would have been nice to use. The doctor gave me such an enormous attitude about staying an extra day that I ended up leaving, driving myself home, and being terrified something was wrong with me for the first week. I had one follow-up appt after surgery at 3 weeks and I have not been back to the office since. Partly because there was nothing wrong with me and partly because I have zero tolerance for doctors who treat patients poorly. Also, only three months of follow-up care is provided, then you are fully billed $100 a visit and for any additional treatment you need. My chest x-ray wasn't included in the fee I paid and neither were follow-up blood tests.

That being said, he is an excellent surgeon. I had zero complications and I reached goal 1 year and 7 months post-op. I would not recommend going to this practice largely because there are so many capable surgeons in the States and in Mexico that you can easily find someone who will do a good job and who will be nice to you in the process. My plastics surgeon is not only massively talented but possibly the nicest doctor I have ever met, which really proved to me that in the competitive world of surgeons, you can find a person who treats you the way you deserve to be treated AND who is also an excellent surgeon. Also, there are less pricy options that give you far more bang for your buck.

So...for your reference, 19K was my cost for surgery in Florida.

Best rate I have found so far that is still available is $3200 all inclusive in mexico but most places is $4500.

I paid 3,899 with bariatric pal and Dr. J. Lopez, it included medical and surgical fees, 2 nights at the hospital, 2 nights at their recovery house, for me and my brother, transportation from and to San Diego, 24 hour assistance, long distance calls and wifi.

I'm having mine in TJ with Dr. Illan. I'm scheduled for August 18. Excited and scared.

1500436720719.jpeg

1500436765471.jpeg

FB_IMG_1500477439540.jpg

I had mine with Long Term wls May 29th. This was 2 days post op. I'm down 64 pounds today at just over 7 weeks! I am so thankful I did this! I went when they had a special $3,499 plus my airfare. Totally worth every penny! Love my surgeon and so did my PCP here. She said Dr Maytorena did an amazing job, And the records they sent home with me for my file here was outstanding!

Sent from my SM-G935U using BariatricPal mobile app

10 hours ago, melissa39437 said:

FB_IMG_1500477439540.jpg

I had mine with Long Term wls May 29th. This was 2 days post op. I'm down 64 pounds today at just over 7 weeks! I am so thankful I did this! I went when they had a special $3,499 plus my airfare. Totally worth every penny! Love my surgeon and so did my PCP here. She said Dr Maytorena did an amazing job, And the records they sent home with me for my file here was outstanding!

Wow I was also considering saw a few positive reviews on RealSelf . What hospital is he assigned too . What was included in your package. Glad everything went well with you happy healing .

Thank you! At the time they had the 3,499 deal going it included everything but the airfare and our hotel because we got there early. You should definitely check them out. My regular physician here told me she even researched Dr Maytorena and found absolutely nothing negative.

Thank you! At the time they had the 3,499 deal going it included everything but the airfare and our hotel because we got there early. You should definitely check them out. My regular physician here told me she even researched Dr Maytorena and found absolutely nothing negative.

Do you
Have the contact info or web page I can look at. Still trying to figure out what I'm
Going to do I just had my band removed 5 days ago

Do you
Have the contact info or web page I can look at. Still trying to figure out what I'm
Going to do I just had my band removed 5 days ago

Yes absolutely! Here's a pic with their website on it. I just went and screenshot from their Facebook page. Also if you look on Facebook they always have specials going on. I had mine done for $3,500 plus my airfare. I spent a total of about $4,000. I flew Spirit airlines so I got a great deal on the flight.

$6800 + $50 for take home meds