Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much was you self-pay ?

Thanks for the reply Nairobi. Great price!

In austin texas at south west bariatrics it 9999

Bump

I had the sleeve January 13th 2014 have lost 113 pounds, self pay was $1250.00. Good luck with your choice and your new life style. Would I do it again, nope do not think so, but everyday seems a little easier. The things they do not tell you I guess is watch out your esophogus may need to be stretched. I have found I can not drink milk anymore. Vitamins are a must forever and it is not easy in the beginning since you may not be able to keep anything down. I can not post pictures but when I figure it out will do that.

I haven't got it done yet, my first appt is in 2 weeks, but I will be self pay. It will cost me about $26k. I know it's a lot of money but we just spent almost that on a car so why wouldn't I spend that on my health. :)

I haven't got it done yet, my first appt is in 2 weeks, but I will be self pay. It will cost me about $26k. I know it's a lot of money but we just spent almost that on a car so why wouldn't I spend that on my health. :)

Wish you good luck and God speed in your new life! <3

Thanks Mcbutterpants. I have heard good things about Dr. Umbach.

Umbach is my surgeon. Surgery was 10/10. Their staff is incredible.

Procedure was at their Warm Springs Surgical Center.

Dr. Lopez , Dr. Osuna, and Dr. Venezuela are excellent bariatric surgeons. Very high NO leak rate. I am using Dr. Osuna. Her fee is $4300 and airfare from Dallas Love to San Diego round trip was $287 on Southwest Airlines.

Suzamundo thank you. I'm thinking about getting it done with Dr Rodriguez in Cidad Juarez Mexico because it is closer and I also need dental work done at RIO Grande dental out there. Did he put sutures/sew over the staples. Did you just stay in the hospital for three to four days? That sounds great. That hospital looks great also. :)

Mrs.Slim - yup. Dr Rod over sewed the staples. He has over 10k surgeries under his belt and I can't imagine finding someone better than him. As good, maybe, but not better. There are actually a team of 3 surgeons that do the surgery together. Plus the anesthesiologist. All are super nice and fluent in English. I arrived Monday at 11am in El Paso and had surgery in Juarez by 3pm. (The cab driver was sent to pick me up in El Paso, drove me to the hospital and walked me right to the front desk of the hospital.) They move so fast that you don't have too much time to lay around and freak out.:-). I stayed in the hospital until Thursday although I felt well enough to come home Wednesday. All 3 Dr's visited me in my room every day. The nurses were in and out all the time checking. The nurses don't speak English well at all but are nice. Just have a little translator for things you might need - like a blanket, Water, medication. You don't need to take much of anything. They put you in a gown when you arrive and you live in it till you leave.:-). No need for makeup and hair stuff. No one cares how you look up there on the bariatric surgery floor and it's just more stuff for customs guys to riffle through on your way back. I have had a pain free and super easy recovery and would recommend this team to anybody. (I don't recommend leaving the hospital to sightsee in Juarez unless you are Hispanic and look like a native. I would do nothing to make yourself stand out there. Also - I took absolutely no valuables or jewelry whatsoever and I dressed way "down" in sweatpants and T shirts. Only took my iPhone.)

Never mind my last question :) you've already answered it earlier on in this post. Sounds great! $6800 plus you stay in the hospital the whole time which is only three nights then you go home. Thats nice because I'll have to get back to work. :)

I did use BeLiteWeight. The only problem I had was the car I was expecting to pick me up didn't and an unexpected cab driver came to get me. That's a little disconcerting in Juarez - getting into a strange car - but I think it was a fluke and everything else was smooth. They are easy to reach if you have any problems. Oh - and like our hospitals - you sign about 1000 pages on arrival. It was kinda funny as for every 5 pages of contract - they'd give me one sentence in English as translation.:-). Eh. WTH. I can't understand legalese in English, either so I'd have been no better off really with an English contract.:-)

And take your phone charger. They have 2 really bad TV channels in English and that's it. You'll get bored. I spent a lot of time Facebooking.:-)

I was fully back at work the Friday after Monday's surgery and no one was the wiser that i'd had anything done.

Surgical Bariatrics Northwest (Dr. John Pennings) in Post Falls Idaho was $9,999 as they are running a special till the end of the year.

I found my Dr. after browsing the internet. He is in Birmingham, AL and he charges $11,900. for the sleeve. Here is his link: http://www.alabamawls.com/patient-cash-pay.php