Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those on liquid diets now.

@@brown eyed gal You're doing great! I've done liquid fasting before and it seems like days 3-5 are the hardest. Maybe not physically but mentally, you just crave. I've read literature from many other programs and I've seen a few that say you can have 4 oz of Protein 2 or 3 times during the first week only.

Keep your chin up! You're going to have surgery soon and you are so worth all the temporary hardships! Good luck!

I have been on the liquid diet for three weeks now. I have three weeks to go. I drink either Premier Protien shakes or 100% whey powder with 8 oz skim milk. I prefer the vanilla as the chocolate is sort of a let down in the chocolate department. I am also allowed raw veggies, but they are tasting like metal. I do eat Jello. On my journey to my RNY I had a hysterectomy and fell in love with Jello then. Since I (was) pretty much a foodie, I find this somewhat embarrassing. Now, I will be in search of popsicles.

It was the introduction of the Protein shake that really convinced me I will be able to do this new life I am getting. If I can carry shakes around with me, I am certain that I won't be heading for a big sandwich at lunch time.

Surgery is 10/28.

I have am restricted to a liquid diet for 2 weeks. It has been very difficult as I travel for business and have to attend dinners and social functions. 3 Proteins shakes a day plus sugar free Jello and applesauce, one yogurt and and chicken broth. Basically all liquids. I have weird craving for things like cheese, turkey, chicken and broccoli. Anyone else? I am embarrassed to admit I did have a chicken breast and salad one day.

I was just at a conference for 4 days and I did cheat a few times but made good decisions on fish and chicken. I am now back in the swing of things. 3 more days to go.

Were you at ENA?

Thankfully did not have to do liquid diet prior to surgery. My date is next Tuesday 10/14. This is my last day of food. Tomorrow I stRt the prep phase for two days. Had my last big meal last night... Went to outback for my son and my sisters birthdays. Half a piece of salmon and half a piece of steak with veggies. My cheat was an alcohol beverage. Then we went on a 15 minute walk after dinner ... My son is so good at keeping active.

He will keep me on track after surgery for the first three days. Then he goes back home.

So I am getting a bit nervous and/or anxious. Bought all kinds of Jello and pudding and Soups to start off. The only thing I still need to get is some unflavored Protein Drink.

Such a journey.

They told me that I will need the liquid diet for only one week yay! I believe that I can do it. Thank you for stating that you can eat Jello and Popsicles too. What brand of popsicle?

Day 5 ARRRGGGHHH! Been tempted to cheat all day. Went to Walmart and tracked down the no sugar added fudgecicles. Or course I start Clear Liquids only tomorrow, then bowel prep on Monday. Tuesday RNY bypass.

i am on day 2 of 3 liquid diet days. I wonder why some surgeons require 2 weeks while others require just a few days. I am starving and sick of drinking, I woke up dreaming about food and then realized I couldn't have any. My surgery is Tuesday, 14 October at 10:00 am. I can't wait to not feel hungry. Good Luck everyone.

I'm on my last day. I haven't cheated in two days it's getting to close to go on a cashew or almond raid.

I am on all liquids. At least I'm supposed to be.[/quot

Edited by kellz88

i am on day 2 of 3 liquid diet days. I wonder why some surgeons require 2 weeks while others require just a few days. I am starving and sick of drinking, I woke up dreaming about food and then realized I couldn't have any. My surgery is Tuesday, 14 October at 10:00 am. I can't wait to not feel hungry. Good Luck everyone.

Good luck tomorrow. You will be in my thoughts tomorrow..

i get a choice between Premier Protein shakes or mixing my own shakes out of 100% whey. I actually like both. I use the whey when I am home, and can mix it in the blender. if i mixing, i add cinnamon, which really cuts down the aftertaste. at this point, I have been at it for more than two weeks. I have actually lost count. I am in a rhythm about it and don't think about it too much. I don't know who that happened. being on the liquid diet is the one experience that has showed me that I can actually do this. For me, the worst thing for me would be to lose and regain. I'm getting used to it. I am spacey has can be, but I suspect as I lose more weight and require less food, this will subside. Thanks everyone. And good luck.

I am heading into my final month of presurgery and I am excited. What advice would you offer a newby like me?