Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kristen's Journey From Pre-Op and Beyond

I just finished reading your journey. Thank you for sharing. I am scheduled to have surgery this Thursday and I am starting to freak out a wee bit! Your posts have given me a great deal of inspiration, thank you!!! You look fabulous & I can't wait to feel healthy again.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Kristen, you look stunning! Congratulations! Can I ask how tall you are?

5'7 (technically I think I'm 5' 6.75 but I round up)

Sent from my KFFOWI using the BariatricPal App

I met with a different plastic surgeon last Friday. He is the chief of plastic surgery at a University and specializes in patients who have lost massive amounts of weight and also breast reconstruction. He said he should be able to do a breast lift/reconstruction and achieve the look I want with my own tissue (no implants) which is exactly what I hoped for. He also recommends a full Tummy Tuck with vertical incision to take care of all of my loose belly skin. I never plan on wearing a bikini so I'm fine with a vertical scar.

He was impressed that my loose skin is mostly only on my front side. He also said I have great muscle tone in my core so he may not need to do any muscle repair, he will find out once he gets in there.

I definitely got the 100% trust/warm fuzzy feeling about the entire encounter so I'm going to get with my boss tomorrow to discuss scheduling it. Right now I think it will be November 21.

At the beach last weekend. It was so nice to not worry about my body constantly or wonder if people were staring at me. I felt so free, relaxed and happy.

post-233184-14647485265641_thumb.jpg

I scheduled my massive reconstructive surgery for November 21. I'm so excited!!! It's the final countdown!

So...one coworker told me, "You shouldn't lose anymore weight. You've gotten really small." Another chimes in, "Yeah. You looked healthy before but now you look sick." I cried for four hours. Cried myself to sleep. Then the next morning while I was in the shower washing my 5+ lbs of loose skin on my stomach I started to cry again.

First of all, I'm 5'7 and 157 lbs. That is a BMI of 25. My doctor, who I just saw a month ago, is thrilled with my progress. The plastic surgeon I saw said I have a great figure not many women have naturally.

Second, I would never comment on anyone's weight no matter what their size. Isn't that common courtesy?

I was starting to finally love my body and feel like I wasn't being judged by my size. NOPE. Now I get to deal with jealous bitches at work.

Don't give them the power to hurt you.

I've heard of this happening and it seems to be very common!!

You should continue to be excited for your up upcoming plastic surgery.

VSG MAY 17, 2016. HW 264

It was so nice to not worry about my body constantly or wonder if people were staring at me.

Oh I'd be staring. I'd be blantantly and wantonly staring at you! :lol:

@@KristenVSG2014 People suck - that's all there is to it! I honestly don't understand how they can think that it is okay to say things like this! Did they tell you "hey you're looking really fat - you might want to go on a diet" or "your haircut looks horrible - you shouldn't have cut it". Those are only things a Mom would say! ;-) Seriously though - don't let them bring you down! You've done so well and should be proud!!! Just wait until they see your new kick ass body after plastics - they'll be even more jealous!!! Some people just like to knock others down - it's not about you or how you look - it's about them! Stay strong, my friend!!! You look beautiful!

I finally got this app to work on my phone again! Yay!

Update: Let's see.....I am going through therapy twice a week for my back problems. I'm getting trigger point injections, physical therapy and chiropractic adjustments. It is tough but I'm seeing a small improvement.

I'm still maintaining within 5 pounds of goal. I've been a little bad with eating more sweets than usual. I've got to stop that and get back to eating more natural.

The women at work are still being rude. I submitted a formal complaint and it has not gotten better but I'm taking it as a challenge to become a stronger person emotionally.

I went on an obstacle/zip lining course yesterday and while it was tough I had a blast! My poor legs though....

post-233184-14693821161807_thumb.jpg

Edited by KristenVSG2014

Thursday morning I had my trigger point injections and five minutes later I felt very dizzy and drunk. I asked if they would check my blood pressure. Before injections it was 117/78. When they checked it again it was 98/60. They were freaking out a bit and had me drink ice Water and kept checking my blood pressure every five minutes until it came back up.

I've been having dizzy spells for a while, even before the injections started. I guess I'll let my PCP know when I go see him on the 10th. He has already checked me for anemia multiple times and my blood work is always great.

Well I've been bad for a month and my weight creeped up to 164. Yikes! Yesterday I got my head back in the game. Charged my FitBit, hit the gym for a walk and cooked dinner. Not that it is an excuse but I've been doing my therapy twice a week for six weeks and it wore me out. I'm finally done.

I need to get back to floating in my "safe zone" of 155-160 where my doctor wants me. I'll be working my seasonal job catering at football games starting this weekend and that will greatly increase my calorie burn...if I could manage to stay out of the Cookies. Protein. Protein. Protein.