Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kristen's Journey From Pre-Op and Beyond

HW: 290+

SW: 260.8

GW: 160

My surgery is scheduled for 11/3 in Tijuana with Dr. alejandro lopez.

Today I am starting the pre-op diet. I went to Sam's Club yesterday and stocked up on Premier Protein (chocolate, vanilla and strawberry), lettuce, cherry tomatoes and grilled mesquite chicken breasts.

My pre-op diet will be the following:

Breakfast: Protein shake

Snack: Activia Light yogurt

Lunch: Protein Shake

Dinner: salad with chicken breast

Snack: Additional Protein shake (if needed)

This menu has 825 calories, 21g fat, 40g carbs, 121g protein

I would like to lose 15-20 pounds over the 4 weeks before surgery.

I took my "before" pictures this morning in my bra and underwear. I had mixed feelings. I felt depressed and ashamed of my body but I also felt happy because I knew this is going to be my "before" which means I'm determined to do what I need to in order to reach my goal. If I need any inspiration during the next four weeks I plan on staring at those back rolls until I find the self control and determination I need.

11/3 will be here before you know it.

I'm 10 months post-op and often refer back to my "decision day" photo. I am so glad I took it - it was the day I decided to have surgery. The day I went to the surgeon's office and cried when I got on the scale. At that moment I thought "this is the worst day of my life", when it was actually the point I decided to change my life. I took lots of pictures of myself along the way - it's funny to go back and re-live the last 10 months thru pictures and see how many body changed, I developed a chin line, my collarbones started to appear, etc.

I also took my measurements - that helped me during those stalls you keep hearing about. It helped out a lot when the scale wasn't moving, but inches were coming off my body. It saved my sanity on more than a few occasions.

Best of luck to you!

Great suggestion! I'll take measurements and post those this afternoon. Thanks! :-)

@

You can do this!

Make sure to season up your chicken! I lived on chicken seasoned with montreal chicken seasoning for a week preop. I used the George Foreman grill, then let the chicken rest, then sliced it up for my salad.

Add tons of veggies! Cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, etc! I also ate a ton of steamed zucchini with chipotle and other seasonings.

Be creative

Measurements as of 10/2:

Neck: 15"

Breasts: 52"

Under breasts: 45"

Waist: 45"

Hips: 53"

Arms: 16 1/2"

Thighs: 27 1/2"

Pre-op diet

Day 1 - NO PROBLEMO! I wasn't even hungry until around 5:00 but I had my salad and chicken. I got hungry again at 8:00 so I had my third Protein shake.

Day 2 - Not too bad until 4:00 pm. I'm so hungry. I'm trying to hold out for 5:30 before I have dinner...I'm thinking about eating some extra veggies. Maybe broccoli. Mmmmmmmmm. I love broccoli.

I'm so impatient. I wish I had a time machine and could fast forward one year. Then again, I need to "do the time" and enjoy the journey and be proud of myself. So I'm going to try that. :-)

I'm right with you. Some days on my preop diet i do just great. Other days I will just do shakes trying to prepare myself for the full liquid stage and it's scary! By late evening damn I want some real dang food. Even a vowel of steamed broccoli:) but I know next month I can't physically eat for awhile. Knowing that mentally helps me prepare.

HW: 290+

SW: 260.8

GW: 160

My surgery is scheduled for 11/3 in Tijuana with Dr. alejandro lopez.

Today I am starting the pre-op diet. I went to Sam's Club yesterday and stocked up on Premier Protein (chocolate, vanilla and strawberry), lettuce, cherry tomatoes and grilled mesquite chicken breasts.

My pre-op diet will be the following:

Breakfast: Protein shake

Snack: Activia Light yogurt

Lunch: Protein Shake

Dinner: salad with chicken breast

Snack: Additional Protein shake (if needed)

This menu has 825 calories, 21g fat, 40g carbs, 121g protein

I would like to lose 15-20 pounds over the 4 weeks before surgery.

I took my "before" pictures this morning in my bra and underwear. I had mixed feelings. I felt depressed and ashamed of my body but I also felt happy because I knew this is going to be my "before" which means I'm determined to do what I need to in order to reach my goal. If I need any inspiration during the next four weeks I plan on staring at those back rolls until I find the self control and determination I need.

Hey krisrpaz! I had surgery with Dr. Lopez in Puerto Vallarta a little over 7 weeks ago. He and his team are amazing! The surgery and aftercare was pretty much "text book." My incisions healed properly, I've had no issues with nausea, pain, hunger… :-) I’ve been losing steadily since my surgery—41 pounds down and lots of inches lost. Remember to walk, walk, walk! I just started full-on cardio and strength training (Jazzercise classes) this week and feel AWESOME. You can do this, girl! Best wishes to you!!

Thanks @@Freebird14 :-) I'm really looking forward to the surgery. It is always great to hear from people who have first hand experience with Dr. Lopez. I'm still nervous about having surgery so far from home. I hope I'm as fortunate as you to not have any complications! I'm hoping since I'm low risk and starting my pre-op diet four weeks out it will give me an advantage.

Days 3 & 4 have been uneventful. I'm hungry but able to deal with it. I'm looking forward to my metabolism slowing down a bit so my stomach will stop growling.

Decaf green tea helped me greatly during the pre-op diet - it helped with hunger. I am not a tea drinker, but it was a lifesaver!

Decaf green tea helped me greatly during the pre-op diet - it helped with hunger. I am not a tea drinker, but it was a lifesaver!

Ooh! I love tea! And I actually have some green tea too. It should also help with the dreaded "I'm freezing constantly from the decreased calories" issue I've been dealing with. Thanks for the tip :-)

Krisrpaz, we have almost exactly the same measurements, height and weight. Whoa! Freaky!! I am still waiting for open enrollment for buy insurance thru my job. Won't even be able to speak to my surgeon till after January. :(

Krisrpaz, we have almost exactly the same measurements, height and weight. Whoa! Freaky!! I am still waiting for open enrollment for buy insurance thru my job. Won't even be able to speak to my surgeon till after January. :(

That IS freaky! I'm always complimented on how well I carry my weight. Any person I've told about the surgery (it hasn't been many) has asked how much I want to lose and when I tell them 100 pounds they can't comprehend where it will come from. Then I tell them how much I weigh and they said, "No. Really?? You don't look it!" Uh...thanks? I guess. Lol!

I applied for surgery but my insurance company denied me. They don't cover ANY weight loss surgery. Stupid, but I'm happy that I don't have to jump through all those hoops and "prove" I need the surgery.

Oh yeah. If anyone wants to add me on MFP my name is the same as on here.