Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

12 DAYS POST OP NEED HELP

I NEED SO MUCH HELP!!! I'M 12 DAYS POST OP. I DO NOT FEEL GOOD. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO APPITITE!!! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE EATING 5 SMALL MEALS A DAY DRINKING 32 OZ OF Water AND TAKING ALL MY VITAMINS!! I CAN NOT STAND TO CHEW MY MULTI Vitamin AND TO BE HONEST I HAVE NOT TAKIN IT IN 5 DAYS. I ALSO CANNOT GET ENOUGH Protein. I CAN'T STAND THE powder. IS THERE OTHER WAYS TO GET IT?? I JUST FEEL LIKE THINGS WILL NEVER BE NORMAL AGAIN. I KNOW IT'S ONLY BEEN 12 DAYS BUT I HATE THIS FEELING AND ON TOP OF THAT THE DR IS MAKING ME STOP MY XANEX AND TRYING ANOTHER MED THAT MAKES ME JUST WANT TO sleep. I JUST NEED ADVICE LITS IF ADVICE!!!

I am about the same days post op. Here is what I do

Protein: I don't use the shake. I use Isopure liquid zero carb. each bottle contains 40gms of Protein. I divide between 1/3 to 1/2 in to the 750ml camelback sipping bottle. I fill the rest of the bottle with ice and Water and a touch of steiva. I then sip on the mixture fo 2 to 3 hours. I make about 3 of those mixtures which gets my protein. Here is the link: http://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-232400-natures-best-isopure-zero-carb-rtd-variety-pack-12-bottles?ProductSku=114485&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=fpl&utm_term=NaturesBestIsopureZeroCarbRTDVarietyPack12Bottles&utm_content=114485&utm_campaign=googlebase&site=google_base&scid=scplp2953342&gclid=CPXcpPyqicECFaQ7Mgod4QMA_w

My favorite is grape and orange and coconut.

Vitamin: I use the all-in-one powder Vitamin. I mix it in 1/2 cup Water . and sipp in the morning and at noon. http://smile.amazon.com/All-One-Multiple-Vitamins-2-2-Pound/dp/B000GAP9FK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412093986&sr=8-1&keywords=all+in+one+vitamine

I am not eatting much. 2 -3 oz of Soup. couple of time.

If there is anything else I cando let me know.

At that point in my journey, most of my meals consisted of instant mashed potatoes made with powdered milk, GENEPRO (unflavored Protein powder), a little melted cheese and cayenne pepper.

It wasn't a ton of Protein, but with the 2TBSP meals nothing was going to be anyway.

Not sure if you've tried any RTD (Ready to Drink) shakes or not, but they've been my saving grace since well before surgery and even today at 7 months out and past my goal. I love the Premier Protein strawberry flavor with Pure Protein banana a runner-up. Premier has 30g of protein in 11oz and Pure has 35g in the same 11oz.

As MsUjima mentioned, Isopure is another option. I tolerated them before surgery, but afterwards they were too sweet and I couldn't choke them down. I ended up giving away the extra case I'd ordered because I couldn't deal with it. They're 40g of protein but in a 20oz bottle.

If you're struggling to drink Fluid, the shakes give you more protein per ounce than the Isopure, but both are worth a try as it sounds like you just need something that works.

Beyond that, it may be worth a call to your bariatric team as well. You could potentially have some other issue going on that they would have better questions to ask and advice to give depending on the answers.

Tell your surgeon that you are not getting in your Protein because that could delay healing.

May I suggest powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Soup. It packs 20g of Protein per serving. I used it a lot at the beginning.

Mixing Isopure with Water and ice will help get in protein. It might take time to get used to it or to experiment with what flavor you like.

Are you getting in your Water because if you don't you will dehydrate and that would mean a trip to the ER for IV fluids.

Protein is essential, water is essential and your Vitamins. Without these you will not heal and later your hair will probably fall out more from the lack of these things.

Again talk to your surgeon or nutritionist immediately and do pass go.

Good luck in figuring this out.

Thanks guys, I'm just scared I'm gonna,get sick I'd I don't buckle down. The main thing being the Protein. I hate the thought of having to drink thick shakes or stuff like that. I make delicious smoothies but I haven't found the non flavor powder yet. I got vanilla and it is nasty!!!

Ok another question for you vets, what happens if my multi Vitamin is making me sick. I have never ever been able to take a Multivitamin without throwing up. It just does something to my stomach!! All the other supplements are fine.

Someone on this post already mentioned GENEPRO Protein but I want to mention it again. I'm one month out, and honesty, I was about to just stop with trying to get any Protein because they all made me gag from the smell, the overly sweet taste and the whey flavor. I read where others were talking about GENEPRO being odorless and tasteless and I really didn't believe it was but decided to waste the money and try it. I'm so glad I did. It's really been a life-save for me. I mix it in everything, even hot Decaf coffee. You only have to mix 1 tablespoon to get 30g of protein and it really is tasteless. I bought it off of Amazon after researching it. I hope this helps you.

Best of luck,

Carol

Just a heads up - if anyone is interested in the GENEPRO, if you contact them on their website they'll mail you a sample for free. Just like carol, I didn't believe it was going to actually be flavorless, so I didn't want to drop the $$$ on a test. Luckily the sample came and amazed me.

I mix it with cold Water and use some Water enhancers to make it whatever flavor I want to.

Try nectar brand mixed w/diet v8 splash. I use a 20 oz gatorade bottle w / 1 scoop of nectar Protein or 32oz bottle w / 2 scoops of nectar mixed with v8 splash that way you get your fluids &protein together. Keep Fluid going in so you dont get a stricture.

Breehuskins try the Flintstones chewable w / Iron & zinc combined & Wellesse brand liquid Calcium get both @ Wal mart.

So - I am 11 weeks out tomorrow and your story is exactly like mine. Protein shakes are intolerable so I don't drink them. I have tried so many-spent soooo much money on them! The minute the smell hits my nose it is all over. they ALL smell like baby formula! Water - well if I get in 20oz a day I am doing great. I have never been a drinker and knew that was going to be my issue and so it is. SO the Protein I get daily is all from what I can eat - which isn't much! Vitamins - I tried those chewable bariatric ones they give you that are supposed to taste like vanilla and soon found that if I didn't want to throw up I had to find an alternate. SO now I take ones you swallow - works much better for me and it contains Iron so I have 1 less pill I have to take a day. I understand what you are going through - just know that it does get a little better each day. Even though I know I am not where I need to be in protein and Water - I work on it every day. I try to make sure that when I eat it has the most protein possible in it. The Atkins meals are a great choice once you get to that point. Just keep trying things until you find what works for you. Once you get to the normal food stage things will be better and you will have way more choices!

I NEED SO MUCH HELP!!! I'M 12 DAYS POST OP. I DO NOT FEEL GOOD. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO APPITITE!!! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE EATING 5 SMALL MEALS A DAY DRINKING 32 OZ OF WATER AND TAKING ALL MY VITAMINS!! I CAN NOT STAND TO CHEW MY MULTI Vitamin AND TO BE HONEST I HAVE NOT TAKIN IT IN 5 DAYS. I ALSO CANNOT GET ENOUGH PROTEIN. I CAN'T STAND THE powder. IS THERE OTHER WAYS TO GET IT?? I JUST FEEL LIKE THINGS WILL NEVER BE NORMAL AGAIN. I KNOW IT'S ONLY BEEN 12 DAYS BUT I HATE THIS FEELING AND ON TOP OF THAT THE DR IS MAKING ME STOP MY XANEX AND TRYING ANOTHER MED THAT MAKES ME JUST WANT TO sleep. I JUST NEED ADVICE LITS IF ADVICE!!!

I am 3 weeks post op today and was having some of the same problems you are describing. Everything felt so heavy in my tummy. I first realized that regular milk was part of my problem and switched to lactose free skim milk. Then switched over to Premier Protein shakes. We started mixing 4 oz. of premier Protein Shakes with 4 oz of lactose free milk and I can finally get 2 of those down me a day along with 2 puréed meals. I am still having trouble drinking more than 40 oz. of Water but doing the best I can.

I have not been able do much with puréed meats at all. Mostly egg, cottage cheese, yogurt. Justing doing the best I can. Love the premier Potein shakes! They actually taste fabulous! I moved my Vitamin to later at night.

Hi.. Ok here goes I'm 5days out from gastric bypass. I was discharged after only 24hrs & thought I was doing good. However today has brought new challenges .. I'm scared my pouch maybe stretched or something cause I can sip about 3oz in a hour .. With no major pain but I have a knotted feeling in my throat. Has anyone had this I've lost 5lbs & really don't won't a sit back at this point .. Or am I just over reacting ? Any help/ advise would be great .. Thanks in advance

I think you just might be a bit nervous. I am shocked to hear you were discharged after only 24 hours. In terms of fluids, you should be sipping constantly. As long as you are sipping and not gulping you should be just fine. You want to get between 48 and 64 oz. of Fluid down. It is very hard to do that without constantly sipping on something. I am sure you are doing great but if you are really worried, don't be afraid to give your surgeons office a call.

The most important thing for you to do is stay hydrated at this point. Keep on sipping.