Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally got my protein in today!

I'm 6 days post op today and finally was able to get in my daily Protein of 70 grams in. Actually got it 75 :) It took forever to do it but I was determined to take my time and get it in. Next step is to get all this Water in so far I'm only getting 40 ounces.

Congratulations. It can take a few days for your body to adjust and reach your Protein and Fluid requirements.

@@waneta35 What did you eat to get it in?

I still haven't gotten any of my Protein. I'm 13 days post op. The powder is nasty. I've been drinking slim fast which have 10 grams but I can only drink half at a time. I'm afraid I'm gonna end up hurting my progress ifvi dint start getting it in. People have given lots of advice but I'm just stuck.

My doctor has me on the pureed stage. I have a egg, Protein Shake, cream of wheat, Tomato Soup, greek yogurt and melted cheese in my Soup. I learned I have to eat this all day long in very small portions. I be eating until 10pm but I get it done after the limitations of the first 2-3 days of no interest. Eating is still a chore for me.v

I still haven't gotten any of my Protein. I'm 13 days post op. The powder is nasty. I've been drinking slim fast which have 10 grams but I can only drink half at a time. I'm afraid I'm gonna end up hurting my progress ifvi dint start getting it in. People have given lots of advice but I'm just stuck.

I understand all my meals are broken in half I switch up all day from eating and drinking. I use a timer to keep it 30 minutes apart.

I found out this morning that 1 large egg has 43 grams of protein!!! That's over have my Protein for the day in one meal. I refuse to drink that powder crap!!! Yuk

I found out this morning that 1 large egg has 43 grams of protein!!! That's over have my Protein for the day in one meal. I refuse to drink that powder crap!!! Yuk

I'm not sure where you got that info from but it's false.

1 large egg has 6g of Protein.

One egg is way less protein than that. I use my fitness pal to help make sure I get my daily protein in. You will have to change nutrition settings for what you need.

Ok I see my mistake now, they were saying 1 large egg is equil to 50 grams, by weight. My bad. But I'm still not drinking that powder. And I can't afford all that other stuff.

The Protein powders can be rough, but they are a must right after surgery. There is a Nutrishop store in my town and they are really good about selling small samples of Protein so you don't get stuck with a huge tub you hate. Try calling around and see if anyone where you live will help you with samples.

Also, once you move to full liquids and purée, it helps A LOT to add a banana to your shake and blend it well. Another idea is to mix flavors - I have caramel pretzel flavored protein which is too sweet by itself, but when I mix it with chocolate it's just right. Several companies also offer unflavored Protein Powder that you can add to your own drinks. I ordered a pound of the Syntrax nectar brand unflavored protein from Amazon for $17.39.

Don't give up! It can take some time and some trial and error to find what works for you.

I can't do the powders.... They just don't sit well with my new tummy. I drink pure Protein in the can and it's great.