Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any November Sleevers for 2014 need surgery buddys?

Yea, this is definitely a a spasm, it's like a Charlie horse right under the right breast. It sort of seizes and stays that way for a few seconds. It's rough. Heating pad seems to help.

Yea, this is definitely a a spasm, it's like a Charlie horse right under the right breast. It sort of seizes and stays that way for a few seconds. It's rough. Heating pad seems to help.[/quote

That doesn't sound good. Sounds like a stricture. Call your surgeon and let them know. They may need to do an endoscopy or something.

@@devoted04, how is the pre-op diet going?

I blew mine yesterday, totally without noticing. I was doing well, when around 3 pm a co-worker in the next office came over offering a spicy nut mix he made. I just accepted it and had already ate a third of it before I realized OMGosh I'm not supposed to be eating! Oh well, today is a new day and I am back to liquids and one meal a day.

How is everyone else?

I'm six days post op and feeling icky. Spent 7 hours traveling home yesterday and the plane ride was horrible. Tried some yogurt and it hurt my stomach soooo bad. Haven't eaten anything for over a week. Going to try Protein this morning and see if my stomach can handle it.

Oh no! I hope that you can tolerate the Protein and start feeling better.

I'm six days post op and feeling icky. Spent 7 hours traveling home yesterday and the plane ride was horrible. Tried some yogurt and it hurt my stomach soooo bad. Haven't eaten anything for over a week. Going to try Protein this morning and see if my stomach can handle it.

I've been wondering how you are doing. I know we had our surgeries on the same day. I honestly don't think I would've been able to fly home so soon. My doctor only allows Clear Liquids and clear protein the first week. It is really strict but I can see why. Better to be safe than sorry.

Three days post op here. Hanging in. Glad to be home. I had trouble getting all of my Protein and fluids in yesterday...but today's a new day. Still in some pain but haven't taken pain meds since 130 this morning (longest I've gone since surgery).

Can only take small sips. Hurts to take bigger. Assuming this gets better?

No lie, but having some regrets. I think most of it is because a very dear friend unexpectedly passed away on Tuesday (surgery day), and I haven't been able to "be there". Also not allowing myself to grieve and only focusing on healing. Emotional and physical pain together makes a tough combo.

I get a meal plan instead of liquids for one week for pre-op except the day before than just liquids. I am supposed to start on this Sunday (11-17 is D Day) but I started on this past Sunday for a trial run. It's not too bad, lower carbs, high Protein and of course smaller amounts of food. I am supposed to have 1-2 Protein Shakes for either Breakfast and a snack or for both Snacks you are allowed during the day and you have to take 20 minutes to eat each small meal which really slows you down and teaches you to chew and enjoy what you do eat. You are supposed to not drink your Water 5 minutes before your meal and not drink until after 30 minutes. It's to teach you your new way of eating, learn how to feel "full" and help shrink your liver. So far I have lost 1lb. A day! I even felt full yesterday!! I can't have fake sugars (cause severe headaches and they are not good for you anyway) so trying to find things low in sugar with no added fake chemicals at the organic supermarket that actually tastes good, LOL.

The best news I have been losing 1 lb. a day doing this! Hope it continues!

Midwestgirl, so sorry about your loss. What a hard thing to go through and especially now. Regrets when all this has happened is normal and you are going through much more than surgery right now. My sincere condolences.

I've been wondering how you are doing. I know we had our surgeries on the same day. I honestly don't think I would've been able to fly home so soon. My doctor only allows clear liquids and clear Protein the first week. It is really strict but I can see why. Better to be safe than sorry.

I would not recommend anyone flying home after surgery. It was just terrible. The protein sat ok this morning but I'm just exhausted. All I wanna do is sleep lol. How's everything going for u?

I would not recommend anyone flying home after surgery. It was just terrible. The Protein sat ok this morning but I'm just exhausted. All I wanna do is sleep lol. How's everything going for u?

I'm doing better than I thought I would be. We drove to my in-laws from Tijuana to Los Angeles. I'm here until next Saturday when I'll fly back to Florida. I still have a little bit of gas issues when I'm drinking but nothing I can't handle. There's a really bad pinch near my belly button when I move certain ways but as long as I'm still it isn't bad. I was able to get out of the bed on my own today so yay! I am, however, very very tired. I'm hoping I'll get more energy when I start regular Protein Shakes Wednesday.

Hey all! I had my surgery Nov. 3rd. Doing pretty good. Today I woke up with what feels like a pulled muscle on my right side under my boob. Anyone else have this?