Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That is what got me into trouble in the first place. None for me please.

Lee

You're Asking For Trouble!

Don't stress about it because you might not even want fried foods after. I was all torn up about giving up my diet soda. I'm only 4 days post op but haven't even thought about wanting a diet soda and I don't think I've ever gone 4 days without one.

No thanks. Not a good idea. Experienced my first slime and vomiting foam last night. No fried foods.

I don't. It just doesn't taste good anymore.

awesome responses and encouraging words to ditch that fried stuff. Nothing fried has even appealed to me yet. I hope that when I do try it, I will not enjoy it, or that my stomach will not enjoy it. All that fried stuff got me to my high weight anyway, I don't want to go back. only things I have remotely thought about was pizza or a burger (healthified of course....)...

I am 5 mo post op, I tried to eat fried fish...i experienced dumping syndrome which included severe cramps, sweats, chills and runs for abt 45 min....i called my dr and he explained to me that after the sleeve alot of people can no longer eat certain foods like milk, salad, sweets and fried foods....my favorite fried fish is now my favorite grilled or baked fish!!

I'm 10 months post-op....I will eat some fried foods, but not a lot. I find that they don't make me feel great.

I now have a rule - if I'm going to eat it, it will be of high quality and taste really good. I find that a lot foods don't fall in that category. The other day we got a pizza from one of our favorite places - it has wonderful crust that I can tolerate 2-3 bites of, then I eat only the toppings. The pizza was sub-par - not of the usual taste and quality and it came to the table cold. I didn't eat any of it - it wasn't worth it.

It doesn't taste as good once you stop eating it but I do eat a French fry here and there . By the time I eat Protein there isn't much room for anything else .

I would be so scared to eat anything fried. Maybe if you oven bake with some light bread crumb topping and olive oil instead...

I know how you feel, I've been craving Chinese for two weeks but am afraid of the consequences.

Oh Karen Chinese does sound so good but I would be terrified of the results. I am 4 weeks today and am slowly figuring out what I can eat safely and what I can't. I did try some pizza but only ate the cheese and meat so ended up ok on that. Will save Chinese for another month. LOL

The way my stomach has been its gonna be a long time for me.