Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

does anyone have health first ny insurance does it require 6 months supervised diet

U can email them instead of having to call.. shows u all ur appts and stuff.. when I go there tell them to email u an invite.. shows u all ur records and everything.. yes i live in Manhattan

.walking distance from the hospital

Oh that's great!! I'm gonna ask next week. Oh ok I have to drive to the two train in the bx and then transfer to the A train lol

Ain't it worth it tho.. they give u all ur referrals day of ur first appt.. u get all ur appts at the hospital or affiliates. . I love it there.. I was born in that hospital..

If u wanna keep chatting.. my email is aspring424@gmail.com

I trying to figure out but i cant find it anywhere, does health first ny require a 6 month supervised diet????

i had healthfirst on my first visit in august, i changed it to metroplus and now im schedule for surgery oct 7th :), change your plan hunny!! all i had to do was psych, abdominal, 2 support groups, and ekg!

Edited by Bronxmerci

Where are u having surgery?

st lukes

@@Bronxmerci

I hear you but I had a horrible experience with metro plus and would never go back.. There customer service when u call for stuff is horrible and plus the doctor office that I go to now they don't accept metro plus so I would of been stuck going to some rinky dink doctors office in queens and where I live the doctors r horrible..

So now I have health first love them and I go to the only doctors office in my area that does their job and I love it.

Thanks hunny but I'll stay and do my six months...

Which surgery are you getting?

@@Bronxmerci

I hear you but I had a horrible experience with metro plus and would never go back.. There customer service when u call for stuff is horrible and plus the doctor office that I go to now they don't accept metro plus so I would of been stuck going to some rinky dink doctors office in queens and where I live the doctors r horrible..

So now I have health first love them and I go to the only doctors office in my area that does their job and I love it.

Thanks hunny but I'll stay and do my six months...

Which surgery are you getting?

i hear you! i was with healthfirst forever but i didnt want to wait the 6 months because i was actually dieting for a year just not supervised. i plan on changing back to healthfirst after surgery because there's a 3 month grace period after my effective date of september to go back. i've heard metro sucks but i really needed to get this done asap. im getting gastric bypass. good luck with everything, i went to the seminar at presbytarian in july, just took a different route because they only accept healthfirst there and thats a mandatory 6 months.

thank you :)! i will keep in touch!

I trying to figure out but i cant find it anywhere, does health first ny require a 6 month supervised diet????

I have Horizon BCBS of NJ, they required 3 months supervised, which can be bypassed by your PCP signing off that in three visits he weighed you, and what the weights were. I did go to a nutritoonist though because I felt I needed it. I had a hone sleep study done as well, and all of the routine pre op exams.

Hey everyone I know this post is a lil old but I also have healthfirst and the reps as well as a surgeon (not mine) told me they do not require 6month diet.

Hope I don't have to, I meet my surgeon on Tuesday

I have healthfirst too, I just finished with my 6 months...but the thing is that I only lost 7lbs during the 6 months, so I'm scared, idk if that will affect the insurance decision....PLEASE HELP

Edited by julet_licelot