Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone having success and enjoying their banded life?

Thanks for starting this thread -- I came back here after the Rosie thread which left me so disheartened. I need to be with band-positive people. Instead of getting a lift here today I feel sort of crummy now. The good news: I already had an aggressive one-hour walk around a beautiful lake early this morning and I am not responding to my feelings with food. I'm here instead. Have a great day every one, and yes, I love my foreign object.

crummy my ass....you have lost nearly 100 pounds

better health..more mobility and if you think someone who

is saying nanananabooboo your WLS sucks is going to rile you up,

let me say here and now i wont let that happen GF

any WLS works

any WLS also doesnt work

what matters is the WLS you have (and are using to the best of your abilities)

is working for YOU.

and judging by your weight loss, it is....

@@☠carolinagirl☠ thank you! And you're right -- no crummy day for me. I'm going to kick up my heels and just be glad I didn't read any if that negative crap when I was on the forum doing my research. You, Jim, Missy, Catfish, TMF -- lots and lots of others. How could I have been so lucky? Well, I AM lucky. Lucky to have my band and lucky to have my life back. Probably also lucky we don't have TV here, since I seem to get riled up over that kind of thing.

I am a band lova!!! I would get banded again in a heart beat. I have had my ups and downs with my band, but I didn't expect this to be an easy road to travel for me. I went into this whole thing with major digestive issues to begin with, and I have to say that since being banded I have not had those kinds of painful issues, and though I had a minor pouch dilation and I had to have Fluid taken out. I have to be on a liquid diet "again" but you know what..that's old hat now, and I am down an additional 4 pounds as of today.

All WLS takes work and commitment not only to having the surgery but to following the rules for your surgery for the rest of your life. Making those good choices, making those life style changes, and replacing some bad habits with better ones. Set backs can happen.

I had a car accident I got sick I was out of the gym for over a month, I was on medications that caused all kinds of havoc for me but I don't let that upset me and I don't blame my band it's doing it's job and I am doing mine we work and live together every second of every day :) My hubby and I are both banded and we both love our bands and would not have chosen any other surgery!

We have been successful at losing weight, he has had a total hip replacement and is not only back to work as a Fire Fighter he is back teaching hands on Fire Fighting at our County Fire Academy and is in the gym and working out and feeling amazing!

There are so many people here who are banded that have great stories of success and extraordinary successes to share, more people need to hear them!

You guys Rock!!

Hello all! I just wanted to say I just had my bandiversary on September 23rd (banded September 23rd, 2009). When I had the surgery at first I was 298 pounds and a size 26 in pants and 2-3X in shirts. Well my journey started off awesome! I was losing weight left and right and before I knew it I was down to 173 lbs. I was ecstatic! I couldn't have been happier (or so I though). Fast forward to may 2010, and I find out I'm pregnant!! I made the choice to have all my Fluid taken out (boy was that a mistake!) and before I knew it when my son was born I was back up to 260! Oh my gosh I thought I would never get the weight back off.I started slow with fills and now 5 years out not only have I lost the baby weight I have past my previous weight and am now down to 156 lbs, s-m shirts, and a size 6 in pants!

For those that the band hasn't worked I'm sorry about that but it's no reason to bash the band. I never had any problems! No slippage, only 1 stuck episode and believe you me, I will not be eating that again! Think about it this way, sometimes transplants don't work right? Is it the fault of the body part? The fault of the surgeon? The fault of the receiver? NO! So why blame the band if your body rejected it?

I don't ever read about the "bad" things they say about lapband. I love my lapband and I embrace it. It had helped me lose 100 lbs and I'm sure more to come and helped me gain my confidence. If I had to redo everything I wouldn't change a thing.

I have had my band since September 2007 and have yet to reach my goal but am very happy to have lost over 100 lbs.

My mom and siblings have always have problems with weight issues. I started gaining weight at the age of 25. Over the next 26 years I went from 150 to 330.

I developed diabetes type 2, sleep apnea, sever pains in my back and knees walking was a chore, getting off the coach was and an adventure

It seems when I stay away from this board that I gain weight and find my way back

My lowest weight since banded was around December 2009 around 190. Afterwards stop exercising and even though I still ate properly during my meals I went back to heavy duty snacking and the weight started to creep back on. In June 2011 I had a complete unfill due to esophagus dilation and during the next three months gained 25 lbs

I slowly kept gaining weight. On January 1 2013 after reaching 250 I recommitted myself and am losing weight again

Some of the benefits that have come as a result of the band are:
No more diabetes medicine
No more sleep apnea
No more pain in my back or knees
I actually enjoy walking
I can keep up with the grand children

six years and no seat belt extender

I do not get the evil eye when I sit next to them on the plane.

I really like not having to walk sideways down the aisle of a plane.

Do not have to get down on my knees to get the golf ball out of a cup.

My wife and I went Parasailing due to the combine weight loss of over 200 lbs we were 150 lbs under the limit and had a great time.

I can leave food on a plate and not feel guilty

There is no doubt that the way I was heading that I would of been over 400 lbs.

For me the band has worked and though I have had my ups and down it was one of my best decisions I have ever made.

The band is amazing and like many others have said it is no magic cure! It takes work and commitment…as does most good things in life!

I am one year out and down 93 lbs. I have had no fills and no stuck episodes. Everyone is different and needs to make their own path down this journey. There are no comparisons of how much one person lost over another or how much they have in their band or whether you are walking around the block or doing a 5K.

You MUST do whats works for you, in conjunction with your doctor and their protocol. This is not a sprint to the end…it is a marathon….and in my opinion, anyone who is trying to only sprint their way to goal is going to feel bad about so many things.

Enjoy every pound off of you when the scale moves down…if the scale isn't moving don't cry PLATEAU feel how your clothes fit. See how much more energy you have …see what other NSV's (non-scale victories) you can see BESIDES just the number on the scale. Don't get me wrong…seeing that number go down, down , DOWN is awesome and what WE ALL WANT….but it isn't going to move down every day or every week…its just not always going to happen.

I don't even read the negative nellies on here anymore…and its one of the reasons Im on here less and less…it is sad but true….sometimes those people get the best of you no matter how hard you try.

Best of luck to all…we ALL deserve the BEST!

write yourself a letter with your hopes and dreams for the future also remind yourself how well you are dong and anything positive no matter how small.

The reason you want to write the letter is to remind yourself when you want to give up how well you are doing now.

Start keeping a list of NSV's (Non scale Victories)

The band is amazing and like many others have said it is no magic cure! It takes work and commitment…as does most good things in life!

I am one year out and down 93 lbs. I have had no fills and no stuck episodes. Everyone is different and needs to make their own path down this journey. There are no comparisons of how much one person lost over another or how much they have in their band or whether you are walking around the block or doing a 5K.

You MUST do whats works for you, in conjunction with your doctor and their protocol. This is not a sprint to the end…it is a marathon….and in my opinion, anyone who is trying to only sprint their way to goal is going to feel bad about so many things.

Enjoy every pound off of you when the scale moves down…if the scale isn't moving don't cry PLATEAU feel how your clothes fit. See how much more energy you have …see what other NSV's (non-scale victories) you can see BESIDES just the number on the scale. Don't get me wrong…seeing that number go down, down , DOWN is awesome and what WE ALL WANT….but it isn't going to move down every day or every week…its just not always going to happen.

I don't even read the negative nellies on here anymore…and its one of the reasons Im on here less and less…it is sad but true….sometimes those people get the best of you no matter how hard you try.

you need to copy and paste this post by you on every post asking for help in stalls, not losing, cant lose like so and so...this is superbly written and 100% accurate.

@@jfc193 You have been inspiring me from day one; thanks so much! I wrote a letter to myself last year and can't wait to open it.

@@chasingadream love everything you said -- so true! Have missed you here......have a great week!

I agree with CG. Chasing...you should do a copy and paste. I also hope that you can continue to avoid the negative posts, but spend more time here on the forum so folks can see success stories that will help to balance the averages..or even trump them.

There are WAY more successes than failures out there!

The NSV's are important as my weight loss is very slow. My daughter doesn't know about the band. I see her watching my shrinking body and hoping I don't fit into her jeans one day. Wink! Wink! We shall see

As many posts I read that push me away because of the negativity I come upon those few, those ones who make me constantly want to come back and stick around and help others out while helping myself. This is one of those posts.

I would be downright lying if I said I could have done this without the support of many on this site. Some of you on this very thread in fact. I feel I owe it to those to pay it forward.

We cannot ever let the negativity push us away. We need each other and we need this site. We are strong because we all have something in common that a lot of people do not simply understand.

I am not sure about you all but I have entered what I consider most frightening phase of my marathon....Maintenance. This phase worries me more then anything because I have been here before with those fad diets. I am hoping it will be different this time but still that worry lingers.