Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Georgia sleevers?

Hey! I live in Conyers. I am being sleeved on12/29. I'm a bit nervous. The only person that knows I'm doing this is my mom. Would love to meet someone who can help me through this journey. I am using Dr. Titus Duncan. Has anyone used him before? Were you satisfied?

I heard he's a great surgeon... Congrats

Hi everyone. I was sleeved up in PA but I live in North Fulton now.

What support groups are y'all going to?

I was sleeved in Oct 2013 and I've been at my goal weight for about 9 months. If I can help in any way just send me a PM!

All my best,

Jay

Congrats Jay! I cant wait to say Im in maintenance mode lol. I was sleeved in 2/27. First day back at work today. Anything you learned would be great!!! How to handle trigger foods, temptations... Any words of wisdom that if u had known back then u would do over? ????

Congrats Jay! I cant wait to say Im in maintenance mode lol. I was sleeved in 2/27. First day back at work today. Anything you learned would be great!!! How to handle trigger foods, temptations... Any words of wisdom that if u had known back then u would do over?

Plan, Prepare, and Persevere!

Plan - Know everything that you're going to eat today before Breakfast is over. Write it down. Use an App like myfitnesspal and put the stuff in BEFORE you eat it, not after.

Prepare - Shop like youre going to war, because making good choices everyday as someone with a food addiction IS a battle. Identify where youre weak and make plans to help you win that battle. Bad decisions are usually the result of not having good decisions among your options. Stash shakes and bars (and cottage cheese/greek yogurt, cheese sticks, whatever you love) in the places where you suffer temptation and commonly fail. At work, in your car, by your PC at home, or near the TV. You can win these wars if you're prepared. Corollary: Dont allow bad decisions to be in your house! You dont have to allow Cookies or chips to exist in your space.

Persevere - you're going to put the wrong things in your mouth from time to time. Don't beat yourself up, but dont let it continue! Fail Forward Fast. Dont wallow and self medicate with bad calories. Do the next right thing, and the next one after that. Forgive yourself and refocus daily. It helps if you have the reasons you chose to have the surgery written down and displayed somewhere (like on the fridge).

Head hunger will talk to you, when it does, talk back. "Hello, old foe. So we meet again. You want me to believe that I need food now? I just talked to Stomach and he says I just ate 40 min ago and there's no way I've digested even half of that chicken. So I'm going to listen to him and just have something to drink. Better luck next time!"

When all else fails, get back to basics. Protein first, eat slow, separate eating and drinking, and dont skip your supplements (getting too low on Vit D or B12 makes me feel like CRAP)!

Hey sleevers!!! Just got mines done June 5 2015 and I live in ga near stockbridge. Would love to have a sleeve buddy that I could relate to and establish a friendship along with this lifestyle change!!

Im in Ga around 575/75. Its great to have others around you with the same mindset. Ive got several coworkers that have had WLS and have done very well. :-) They have been a great support too!

Sleeved today at Emory John's Creek by Dr. Hart. Feeling great so far and no pain or nausea to speak of.

Here's to a new journey

I'm originally from Monroe, Ga near conyers. I live in charleston, sc now and am in process of getting my surgery. My whole family is in ga and I haven't found anyone here in sc. So it would be nice to chat with a few of you.

Hi @@AllisonK1986 welcome aboard! I was sleeved on 2/27/15 and am down 60lbs (90 rotal from highest weight) and I believe this was the best decision I have ever made concerning my weight. Wish I had done it earlier but not so sure I would have been ready for it to be honest. It is a life changing event for sure.

Edited by sallyomalley67

The last one is at my highest weight. And the ithers are my progress shots. I need to update them soon but its been slow going this month. However my body has changed a lot even without much weight loss. Woo hoo! Started at shirt 2XL and pants 26/28. Im now at an 18/20 shirt and 22 pants are getting baggy.

post-248824-14359240362064_thumb.jpg

post-248824-14359240559706_thumb.jpg

post-248824-14359240776377_thumb.jpg

You look amazing! I guess my biggest fear with VSG is in not gonna lose the amount of weight I need to ie 100+ lbs. how much was ur starting weight? I'm 5'6 and they weighed me at 270, but my weight fluctuates a couple of pounds a lot. I'm now starting the no bread, Pasta, sweets. And starches diet. I ate a cliff bar that had dark choc chips and a touch of rice and wheat flour. It was 8g of Protein and low glycemic and 190 calories for Breakfast. I hope that's not too bad, bc I have to bring my food journal to each visit and when I see my dietician ????????

post-256687-14359248357716_thumb.jpgthis is me prob at my recent highest 280 I believe during Christmas 2014. I can't tell if it's the angle or I look that big ????. But according to the scale I was 270 and the day before lol 276. I guess pooping really does help ????

Hahah yes, it def does. I used to fluctuate a lot. Not so much now. You will learn as time goes to get as much Protein as possible in the smallest amt of food. Haha This has been a huge learning process.

My HW 338, SW 308, CW 248, GW 165. I lost on my own over a years time from 338 to 325. And day of surgery I weighed in at 308 so I lost that during the 5 or so months after my first visit with my doc.

Hardest thing i have had to get used to is not drinking with meals. So go ahead and start learning to not drink 15 mins before or after a meal and super tiny sips during. ????

You are beautiful by the way. And you can definitely do this!!!