Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys i'm new here and scheduled for surgery on 10/07/14! any buddies?

Hello....I am scheduled for my surgery on 10/08/14. I am 5'10" and weigh 280. My goal weight is 155. Good luck with your surgery and I will be praying for you!

@msspicybaby does GENEPRO taste good? I was reading up on it and heard its a tiny scoop that dossolves into anything and that sounds amazing at 30 grams per serving. Where do you buy it? I bought pea Protein and I'm hoping it doesn't taste too horrible, I really want it to be unflavored.

I heard it does not. Someone told me don't bother buying it. But just one opinion. ????

Hello....I am scheduled for my surgery on 10/08/14. I am 5'10" and weigh 280. My goal weight is 155. Good luck with your surgery and I will be praying for you!

Yeah!!! I love prayers. Mine is 10/7.

Hello I'm awaiting my date it's either going to be this month or November since I changed insurance so excited

Congrats!!!!

I too have my surgery scheduled for Oct.7th. Would be great to have a buddy to compare notes with and to encourage one another on this journey. Good luck to all out there also facing this surgery.

Mine is Oct. 7th also. What state are you in?

Oct 7th also. No liquid diet required just a bowel prep same as for colonscopy. Did start a liquid diet last week but really messed up alot. So this week is serious. During the day no problem, but getting dinner for the kids are crazy. They are young and want me to eat the same thing as them, but this will help prepare them as well. Takes alot to get in all tge Water and Protein needed when I am feeling good cant imagine how difficult it will be after the surgery. Have down loaded new music to help and will use after surgery. There are quite a number of us in October.

Joy... chicken broth has saved me when I am getting that head hunger. ????

Joy 59 you will do fine. I had that same problem with my

bs dropping so low my doctor changed the amount of insulin I was to take.

Hey Bronxmerci

Sorry It took me so long to reply but I am in the hospital just got my computer and it want to act out. But GENEPRO is the best. It's unflavored, you can use it in hot foods and drinks. I've personally used it in HOT tea an HOT chicken broth. You Can not taste it. I ordered mine from Amazon. I had tea with GENEPRO (30 grams protein) in the morning and a Premier shake at lunch (30 grams of protein) for lunch. That gives you 60 grams and you still have the rest of the day If you wanted to do a little more.

Thank you for your reply, my pea Protein tasted horrible so I returned it, I bought the GENEPRO, hopefully it comes when I leave the hospital. I am now getting ready for my surgery. I was called last night 3 times and my surgery was changed from 10am to 12pm to 9am, I have to be at the hospital at 7am, and it is now 4am. I am feeling very ready and nervous, I left packing for the last minute and I also haven't slept. I figured i'll get enough sleep later. Good luck to everyone having surgery today, I will update later on how it went.

Here is my preop photo 10/07/14

post-234826-0-04542000-1412673568_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bronxmerci

Hey guys, so surgery didn't go as planned. My doctor had an emergency and left me waiting for him up until 10pm. He arrived and rescheduled me for oct 13th. I was upset but took it that it wasn't meant to be yesterday. I am now home and I am just moping around. Everyone who had surgery yesterday and today, I hope you guys are doing good.

I

Hey guys, so surgery didn't go as planned. My doctor had an emergency and left me waiting for him up until 10pm. He arrived and rescheduled me for oct 13th. I was upset but took it that it wasn't meant to be yesterday. I am now home and I am just moping around. Everyone who had surgery yesterday and today, I hope you guys are doing good.

its ok @@Bronxmerci I will be in there with you on the 13th. We're now surgery twins. Lol

Hi survived surgery just having issues need to taste something tired of your art cottage cheese need some flavor, but Dr said no so I will be good.

can you use any garlic powder or anything?