Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sooo.. One year out......

My Darlings,

I haven't been here for a while and whilst I won't make apologies for this -had a lot going on in life (my dearest mother has been, well, not well at all- and my friend who put false nails on me one day ago, has a lot to answer for in this immediate typing nightmare) it would be churlish and remiss to not acknowledge this milestone. A milestone I'm hugely proud of.

So, Fother, Muckers, what have we learnt?

1) Your friends or family (if that's who you choose to tell) are everything. Fact. Real and internet based. If you're blessed - you make friends on here that stay with you forever. I have that. I am blessed. For the newbies.. hold tight... life is good if you make friend(s) like I have. Put yourself out there. Lets share this journey together... (yes, I used the vomit-worthy term 'journey'). I told none of my family.... but I have gained a lifelong friend off of here... and she is a true blessing in my life. If you're dancing in corners. Stop it. Dance in the lights and meet wonderful people. I know you've been shy... or the diametric opposite as a cover...seriously.... open your hearts. We're all scared...But when you're open and vulnerable - that's when the best things happen. Go on. Surprise yourself x

2) It all feels like shite at the start.... 8 months out and you're rocking it. You find your groove. Don't lie to yourself. Stop trying to ram your old favourites down your neck. You're lying to yourself if you are. Just f*****ig stop it. No one will listen to you griping and well, you're just lying to yourself. If you're sat there thinking 'who the f**** is this biatch'...It's someone who lied to herself.. and then realised she felt shit if she didn't eat the right foods. As good as carbs taste? You'll feel sated (and hugely over -bloated) and then feel empty. There's a reason why the old guard on here tell you to eat right. Just choose Protein... Fact.

3) Don't sit in judgement. You don't know everything. If you do? Become a researcher for Steven Hawking/Pinker. I am a judgemental SOAB - but every day on here - someone taught me something new. I'm contrite. But f**** me... if people don't stretch the intellectual conditions of the positions to which we've found ourselves...this site will become an 8 month cyclical repository of predictable shite. Push the boundaries, folks. Keep asking those questions and keep supporting others. To the 'old guard' be very grateful....... To the newbies, be patient (something I'm trying to learn)

4) Okay, I could go on forever and ever.. about HUGE subjects that impact upon us all after the surgery. If it clarifies things for people.. I split up with my fiance.. I realised me siblings had left my mother in a position of destitution...But I look f******* hot now.. and thats come from a strength from within that I never realised I had and was not all about the looks. I have changed the world around me. A world I wasn't happy with. A world around me that the people i most cared about weren't happy with. I am FULLY representing. Big deep breaths... What you want.. what you need.... what the people you need desire of you, is seriously within your grasp.

In short, my loves..

Don't BS yourselves and others. You want it? Go get it. Its out there. (Oh, for the metric heads, i'm 5-odd stone down..)

If anyone would like to stay in touch? Please.I'm always here.. (Just be prepared for the sarcastic Revs, if you're not taking real ;) x)

Love you all. You're all very very special. Part of a club of balsy people that the naturally skinny will NEVER understand.

x Revs x

( A little bit drunk, too!) x

OMFG you rock! Blessings to you, and the only other thing to say is Brava! Smashing, truly smashing love <3

Missed seeing your posts fr my very early days. Hope all is well and continues to be well!

I love this post so much! And at almost 4 weeks out and having a little complication, I NEEDED to hear your eloquent words! THANK YOU

You want it? Go get it. Its out there.

@@Madam Reverie

peak a boo i see you ;)

i was about to get a search party together :o

i'll call off the dogs!!!

sorry your mom is still feeling poorly and your siblings are not helping you and mom :(

celebrating your one year surgiversary :unsure:

and you are still standing and around to talk about it

wow - putting my glasses on B)

you really do look hot :) !!

68 lbs down!!!!

your heart and strength are the same size ;)

glad you are finally realizing that

keep your head, spirit, and amazing job up :)

come back to the neighborhood anytime :)

I miss you :wacko:

hugggggs back at ya :)

kathy

Edited by proudgrammy

Wow! If I had any doubts that I could do this, I don't now. You are a caretaker and sleever success at the same time. I have just become the caretaker for my Mom and Dad who are 81 and 85 respectively. Surgery scheduled for November 17th. I CAN DO THIS!!! Thanks Madam Reverie.

Possibly your best post EVER. Kudos to you and all that you were able to recognize in your life that you wanted/needed to change - especially those things that you had no idea needed to be changed.

I too just passed my one year. It has been a struggle, and the struggle continues. That is frustrating and inspiring at the same time (sounds weird, but hopefully someone here understands!) - In another year from now, I truly want my life to have changed even more...and I've been so grateful to the awesome people on this site who have been the voice of reason, the severe butt kickers, and those patient folks who really want to help others. Keep on keepin' on, friends!

Are u at goal?

@@Madam Reverie - warning, warning - "little" highjack alert :o

@@Shells_Almost_There said..........

"passed my one year. been a struggle, struggle continues. "hopefully someone here understands!)

you bet your bottom $ i understand :lol:

this is a lifetime struggle for most us - but its all good :)

you are doing a great job!!!

i see B) the determination in your pretty eyes that you are working hard - and it will pay off!!!

83 lbs down!!!!

party dance party dance - you lead :)

keep up the good job - i know you will :)

ok - back to our regularly scheduled show already in progress :D

kathy

congrats

My Darlings,

I haven't been here for a while and whilst I won't make apologies for this -had a lot going on in life (my dearest mother has been, well, not well at all- and my friend who put false nails on me one day ago, has a lot to answer for in this immediate typing nightmare) it would be churlish and remiss to not acknowledge this milestone. A milestone I'm hugely proud of.

1) Your friends or family (if that's who you choose to tell) are everything. Fact. Real and internet based. If you're blessed - you make friends on here that stay with you forever. I have that. I am blessed. For the newbies.. hold tight... life is good if you make friend(s) like I have. Put yourself out there. Lets share this journey together... (yes, I used the vomit-worthy term 'journey'). I told none of my family.... but I have gained a lifelong friend off of here... and she is a true blessing in my life. If you're dancing in corners. Stop it. Dance in the lights and meet wonderful people. I know you've been shy... or the diametric opposite as a cover...seriously.... open your hearts. We're all scared...But when you're open and vulnerable - that's when the best things happen. Go on. Surprise yourself x

2) It all feels like shite at the start.... 8 months out and you're rocking it. You find your groove. Don't lie to yourself. Stop trying to ram your old favourites down your neck. You're lying to yourself if you are. Just f*****ig stop it. No one will listen to you griping and well, you're just lying to yourself. If you're sat there thinking 'who the f**** is this biatch'...It's someone who lied to herself.. and then realised she felt **** if she didn't eat the right foods. As good as carbs taste? You'll feel sated (and hugely over -bloated) and then feel empty. There's a reason why the old guard on here tell you to eat right. Just choose Protein... Fact.

3) Don't sit in judgement. You don't know everything. If you do? Become a researcher for Steven Hawking/Pinker. I am a judgemental SOAB - but every day on here - someone taught me something new. I'm contrite. But f**** me... if people don't stretch the intellectual conditions of the positions to which we've found ourselves...this site will become an 8 month cyclical repository of predictable shite. Push the boundaries, folks. Keep asking those questions and keep supporting others. To the 'old guard' be very grateful....... To the newbies, be patient (something I'm trying to learn)

4) Okay, I could go on forever and ever.. about HUGE subjects that impact upon us all after the surgery. If it clarifies things for people.. I split up with my fiance.. I realised me siblings had left my mother in a position of destitution...But I look f******* hot now.. and thats come from a strength from within that I never realised I had and was not all about the looks. I have changed the world around me. A world I wasn't happy with. A world around me that the people i most cared about weren't happy with. I am FULLY representing. Big deep breaths... What you want.. what you need.... what the people you need desire of you, is seriously within your grasp.

In short, my loves..

Don't BS yourselves and others. You want it? Go get it. Its out there. (Oh, for the metric heads, i'm 5-odd stone down..)

If anyone would like to stay in touch? Please.I'm always here.. (Just be prepared for the sarcastic Revs, if you're not taking real ;) x)

Love you all. You're all very very special. Part of a club of balsy people that the naturally skinny will NEVER understand.

x Revs x

you.are.awesome. We are the ones blessed to have you on here.

~little ole' fish eyes, otherwise known as "little grasshopper"~

My Darlings,

2) It all feels like shite at the start.... 8 months out and you're rocking it. You find your groove. Don't lie to yourself. Stop trying to ram your old favourites down your neck. You're lying to yourself if you are. Just f*****ig stop it. No one will listen to you griping and well, you're just lying to yourself. If you're sat there thinking 'who the f**** is this biatch'...It's someone who lied to herself.. and then realised she felt **** if she didn't eat the right foods. As good as carbs taste? You'll feel sated (and hugely over -bloated) and then feel empty. There's a reason why the old guard on here tell you to eat right. Just choose Protein... Fact.

In short, my loves..

x Revs x

Glad your back Rev's you've been missed.