Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How tall are you and what is your goal dress/pant size?

6' tall, size 10/12 is perfect for me now I'm at goal. What a nice change from size 22/24.....!

I'm 5'6". I THOUGHT my goal size was a size 8. I was so wrong! With vanity sizing creeping lower and lower these days, I am today in a 4 for most pants, 6 for a dress. After living in maintenance for the last 2 months, I've decided to take off another 10 "vanity pounds" so I have a bit more wiggle room within my goal range, so I may see a 2 yet!

I am 5'3" and initially my goal was to be in a size 8-10. I have never in my adult life been able to fit into a single digit size, so I thought I was dreaming with the 8's. But today I put on a size 10 dress! And it zipped! I am sure this was due to vanity sizing, because last time I weighed in the 170's (about 8 years ago) I was squeezing into 12's. But I'm starting to think that maybe at goal I really will be into single digits. Dare I dream about a 6? Or even a 4?

Im 5'6 goal size would be a size 8 havent been that size in a long time I cant wait to meet the surgeon on October 2 first visit

I am also 5'7" ish and 148 right now. I always set incremental goals--under 200, smaller than my husband, etc. I had a goal of a 12 with a dream of single digits. Vanity sizing or whatever it is, I am now shrinking out of my 6's!!!! Color me shocked! Tried on four pairs of size 6 black pants the other day (3 jeans and a pair of palazzo pants) and they were all too big. Didn't have time to go grab the 4's but the next day I grabbed my skinny Minnie 16 yr old's size 5 jr skinny jeans (yeah they ARE the ones that are too big for her and she doesn't wear much) and they FIT!

What the heck?

I'm tall with a large frame and don't want to get too skinny as I'm in my 60s. Last time I lost a lot of weight I didn't feel comfortable with it even though my BMI was a healthy 24. I looked gaunt, I had a flat bum (butt) and my bones were sticking out. I know some people like that look, but personally I don't. I was a UK size 14 then (US 12) so think I'd probably be happier at a UK size 16 (US 14).

I recently sorted through my clothes and found 8 different sizes so I've sorted them out into size order so I can get them out again as and when I lose weight. Mostly they are classic jeans, pants, T-shirts, sweaters etc so they'll be fine for everyday wear and I can treat myself to something new for special occasions if I need to.

4'9, would love to be a six 6 (or 4 at the lowest) in pants. size 6/8 in dress.

5'9, sleeved 19 days ago and I'd say my goal size is 10/12, but really I think I would be happy to be able to shop somewhere besides the plus section.

I am 5'10", big boned, I my goal size is a 10. I still want to lose another 25lbs...OMG I can not believe I am that close to my goal weight!!! OMG! I have only bought one pair of shorts since losing and they are a size 14 falling off of me. My sister in law gave me shorts that are too big for her, I am not sure what size they are but they too are falling off of me! I am terrified to go shopping because I don't want to try something on and it not fit. I am so used to being in a dressing room trying to decide if the clothes look decent enough to bother spending money on. I put on a belt the other day to hold up my pants and the belt was way too big! Time to go shopping....yup freaking out!

I am 5'3" and all I wanted was to wear a single digit size slacks. Thought I was good at an 8, but wearing a size 6 right now.

It is hard to think about what size I will get down too. Since my surgery I have went down from a size 16W (short) pant size to a size 12 petite. I started at 226 and am at 180 today. I have went through all the clothes in my closets that I have saved over the years. With my yoyo dieting I had a range of clothes from 2X (tops) and 16/18 (pants) down to size 12 pants and size L/XL tops. I just moved up and down the range as I lost and gained weight! This time, as I have moved down in sizes, I have GIVEN away the larger sizes. No more storing the big sizes! I am NEVER going back there! I am in the size 12 pants now and wearing the L/XL tops. Problem facing me is I have not been in smaller sizes then that for years and years! No more closets full of clothes for me to migrate too! I will have to BUY new clothes once I lose more weight and shrink some more. Such a problem to have. Ha! Honestly it is very hard for me to even imagine getting into a 10 or even 8s. I am 5'0 and am starting to get comments about how "little" it am getting. Love it!

Reading each post I'm amazed! I have so much to look forward to after surgery! I'm 5'7 and my goal size is a 10. I was a 10 in high school and I felt my greatest at that size. I'm currently in a 20 and depending on the fit I wear a 22.

The smallest I have been since an adult was a 13 (very tight), so I can not imagine anything smaller than that - single digit sizes are like unicorns to me. In July I was size 22/24 on bottoms and 2x (men's)shirts dress sizes 22. I am now in size 16 on bottom (comfortable) and lg/xl (ladies) shirts. I was very bless in the top area so I can't imagine getting to a medium shirt unless I loose a lot of boobage. After reading some of the stories I could only dream of the unicorn - Size 8

I'm 5'6 and currently wearing 12s a couple 10s fit, I'm down 43 pounds since surgery, and would like to get down to sz 8. I don't foresee a problem since the weight keeps coming off :)

I started pre op wearing a tight 16. Very exciting!

I'm 6'3" and my pants are 66X32 my shirts are 6X but they are starting to get baggy. Trying not to buy new clothes until after Christmas.